Namesilo ends domain promo early for some TLD's
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Namesilo ends domain promo early for some TLD's

netguynetguy Member
edited September 5 in Domains

[Mod edited title after a user flagged the thread]

Suddenly Namesilo increased the price of the some domains on Sept. 1, 2018: .bid, .win, .men, .trade and others.

According to Namesilo's offer at vncoupon.com on Aug. 13, 2018 the price was: $1.89 - registration, renewal, transfer - timeframe: Oct.1, 2017 - Dec. 31, 2018.

The price was changed on Sept. 1, 2018 and now it's $11.50 instead of $1.89. The $1.89 offer for the domains .bid, .win, .men, .trade and others was deleted.

There aren't prior notices, announces at vncoupon.com and twitter.

They break their deadline of Dec. 31, 2018 and scammed their customers.

Aug.13, 2018 offer

Sept. 1, 2018 offer

Sept. 1, 2018 Namesilo domains price

Thanked by 1titus

Comments

  • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

    How is this a scam? You can choose not to buy if you don't want. Offers expire at the provider's discretion.

    [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
  • @Ishaq said:
    Offers expire at the provider's discretion.

    There was the offer with the deadline. If without a deadline I agree.

  • You could perhaps nicely ask namesilo via their online chat or support email if they will honor this pricing still, but as the previous poster said - any provider has a right to terminate any promotional offering at any time.

  • I suspect the registrar raised prices. Those domains are now $10.99 at porkbun when they used to be in the $2 range.

  • If that's scamming, every mother in the world would be a scammer.

    Thanked by 1pxhaxor

    Serenity now. It is coming.

  • mfsmfs Member
    edited September 5

    The registration price for those TLDs was actually lower than that, $1.89 was the (normal) price for renewal and transfer only; check yourself this graph for .bid, the (normal) registration price was $0.66. Same applies to most (if not all) those TLDs so this makes me believe that possibly more than one inaccuracy of that coupon site led you to false expectations

    Prices of the new TLDs vary wildly, I did register a couple for personal use (and convenience) and out of sheer luck I renewed them all before this price increase; not that I'm not ready to drop them like a hot potato if they suddenly cost more than a couple of bucks. All registrars raised prices in September btw

  • Sadly other domain registrars are increased too these domain extensions renewal prices suddenly. (for example: Alpnames), or stopped to selling these TLD's for unknown reasons. I think the Registry changed the prices/policy in the background.

    My plan was to transfer one domain to Namesilo for the good price, but after that I will drop it (fortunately not really important to me, I can replace it with other).

  • I checked namesilo website (and your screenshot @netguy) but they dont mention when promotion expired.

    you blame namesilo because someone posted blog without source, namesilo promotion ended on december 2018?

    We only support unsupported OS!

  • This is not a scam. A scam would be if they changed the terms of the offer AFTER purchase. Even if they don't include wording like "until stock runs out", "limited availability", etc, its so common that I wouldn't bat an eye when something stops being offered before the initial expiration period in any industry.

  • @TimboJones said:
    This is not a scam. A scam would be if they changed the terms of the offer AFTER purchase. Even if they don't include wording like "until stock runs out", "limited availability", etc, its so common that I wouldn't bat an eye when something stops being offered before the initial expiration period in any industry.

    a change of terms after purchase is not a scam. they have rights to change it.

  • good that I bought .win domains for 5 yrs duration during namecheap promo

  • Probably they all reach a limits for these TLDs and discontinue promo prices.

  • MGarbisMGarbis Member
    edited September 5

    @l2o88j said:
    good that I bought .win domains for 5 yrs duration during namecheap promo

    Lucky me too. Now .win domains for a year are about double the price of 5 years promo deal.

  • youlost.win

    Do you have a mail in a box?

  • @creep said:

    @TimboJones said:
    This is not a scam. A scam would be if they changed the terms of the offer AFTER purchase. Even if they don't include wording like "until stock runs out", "limited availability", etc, its so common that I wouldn't bat an eye when something stops being offered before the initial expiration period in any industry.

    a change of terms after purchase is not a scam. they have rights to change it.

    I understand the point, and agree. I wasn't specific enough. But you can't arbitrarily change terms to a purchase agreement after the fact that would effectively terminate the original sale conditions. Terms have to be accepted, not forced (despite what they claim). Changed terms apply going forward.

  • mfsmfs Member

    mfs said: was $0.66

    I have to correct myself, that was on namecheap. It seems that the coupon site reported the promotion correctly (this is namesilo's promotions page on 16 August 2018)

  • Dear users:
    Hello! Admin!
    Since the former FFM registration bureau has been taken over by the new registration bureau, the price of the suffix renewal under the former FFM will be adjusted to 86 yuan/year at 12:00 on August 17, 2018.
    Adjustment suffixes include:
    Loan/win/men/bid/stream/review/trade/date/party/download
    Science/racing/accountant/faith/webcam/cricket
    Price instructions and notes:
    1) price adjustment time: 12:00, August 17, 2018
    2) renewal price: RMB 86 / year
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service for consultation. Thank you very much for your long-term support and trust to our company. Thank you!
    Western digital
    15, 2018

  • Namesilo is used for 99% of all spam on my forums.

    tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

  • Lol GoDaddy and 1and1 are 99.9% of spam on my forums.

    Have I mentioned how much I hate auto correct recently?

  • @moni099878 said:

    Dear users:
    Hello! Admin!
    Since the former FFM registration bureau has been taken over by the new registration bureau, the price of the suffix renewal under the former FFM will be adjusted to 86 yuan/year at 12:00 on August 17, 2018.
    Adjustment suffixes include:
    Loan/win/men/bid/stream/review/trade/date/party/download
    Science/racing/accountant/faith/webcam/cricket
    Price instructions and notes:
    1) price adjustment time: 12:00, August 17, 2018
    2) renewal price: RMB 86 / year
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service for consultation. Thank you very much for your long-term support and trust to our company. Thank you!
    Western digital
    15, 2018

    Thank you for the confirmation regarding the new pricing scheme. I registered a few of those garbage TLDs for low end domains, but now I'm looking to switch out with this change basically making them all but useless.

  • What kind of domains do people even register with these ‘special’ TLDs? I know many people who can’t remember non-.com websites

    Are you a UI/UX designer or web/app developer? Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/uJPUZuQ

Sign In or Register to comment.