Namesilo ends domain promo early for some TLD's
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Namesilo ends domain promo early for some TLD's

netguynetguy Member
edited September 5 in Domains

[Mod edited title after a user flagged the thread]

Suddenly Namesilo increased the price of the some domains on Sept. 1, 2018: .bid, .win, .men, .trade and others.

According to Namesilo's offer at vncoupon.com on Aug. 13, 2018 the price was: $1.89 - registration, renewal, transfer - timeframe: Oct.1, 2017 - Dec. 31, 2018.

The price was changed on Sept. 1, 2018 and now it's $11.50 instead of $1.89. The $1.89 offer for the domains .bid, .win, .men, .trade and others was deleted.

There aren't prior notices, announces at vncoupon.com and twitter.

They break their deadline of Dec. 31, 2018 and scammed their customers.

Aug.13, 2018 offer

Sept. 1, 2018 offer

Sept. 1, 2018 Namesilo domains price

Thanked by 1titus

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

How is this a scam? You can choose not to buy if you don't want. Offers expire at the provider's discretion.

Thanked by 1Aidan
    [BudgetNode] DDoS Protected. 7 Locations (US/EU). Check out our latest offer!
  • @Ishaq said:
    Offers expire at the provider's discretion.

There was the offer with the deadline. If without a deadline I agree.

• You could perhaps nicely ask namesilo via their online chat or support email if they will honor this pricing still, but as the previous poster said - any provider has a right to terminate any promotional offering at any time.

• I suspect the registrar raised prices. Those domains are now $10.99 at porkbun when they used to be in the $2 range.

• If that's scamming, every mother in the world would be a scammer.

Thanked by 1pxhaxor

FREE bsdguy. Join the nigh sect today!

• mfsmfs Member
    edited September 5

The registration price for those TLDs was actually lower than that, $1.89 was the (normal) price for renewal and transfer only; check yourself this graph for .bid, the (normal) registration price was $0.66. Same applies to most (if not all) those TLDs so this makes me believe that possibly more than one inaccuracy of that coupon site led you to false expectations

Prices of the new TLDs vary wildly, I did register a couple for personal use (and convenience) and out of sheer luck I renewed them all before this price increase; not that I'm not ready to drop them like a hot potato if they suddenly cost more than a couple of bucks. All registrars raised prices in September btw

• Sadly other domain registrars are increased too these domain extensions renewal prices suddenly. (for example: Alpnames), or stopped to selling these TLD's for unknown reasons. I think the Registry changed the prices/policy in the background.

My plan was to transfer one domain to Namesilo for the good price, but after that I will drop it (fortunately not really important to me, I can replace it with other).

• I checked namesilo website (and your screenshot @netguy) but they dont mention when promotion expired.

you blame namesilo because someone posted blog without source, namesilo promotion ended on december 2018?

We only support unsupported OS!

• This is not a scam. A scam would be if they changed the terms of the offer AFTER purchase. Even if they don't include wording like "until stock runs out", "limited availability", etc, its so common that I wouldn't bat an eye when something stops being offered before the initial expiration period in any industry.

• @TimboJones said:
    This is not a scam. A scam would be if they changed the terms of the offer AFTER purchase. Even if they don't include wording like "until stock runs out", "limited availability", etc, its so common that I wouldn't bat an eye when something stops being offered before the initial expiration period in any industry.

a change of terms after purchase is not a scam. they have rights to change it.

• good that I bought .win domains for 5 yrs duration during namecheap promo

• Probably they all reach a limits for these TLDs and discontinue promo prices.

People always hate those who tell them the truth, and love those who lie to them.

• MGarbisMGarbis Member
    edited September 5

@l2o88j said:
    good that I bought .win domains for 5 yrs duration during namecheap promo

Lucky me too. Now .win domains for a year are about double the price of 5 years promo deal.

• youlost.win

Do you have a mail in a box?

• @creep said:

@TimboJones said:
    This is not a scam. A scam would be if they changed the terms of the offer AFTER purchase. Even if they don't include wording like "until stock runs out", "limited availability", etc, its so common that I wouldn't bat an eye when something stops being offered before the initial expiration period in any industry.

a change of terms after purchase is not a scam. they have rights to change it.

I understand the point, and agree. I wasn't specific enough. But you can't arbitrarily change terms to a purchase agreement after the fact that would effectively terminate the original sale conditions. Terms have to be accepted, not forced (despite what they claim). Changed terms apply going forward.

• mfsmfs Member

mfs said: was $0.66

I have to correct myself, that was on namecheap. It seems that the coupon site reported the promotion correctly (this is namesilo's promotions page on 16 August 2018)

• Dear users:
    Hello! Admin!
    Since the former FFM registration bureau has been taken over by the new registration bureau, the price of the suffix renewal under the former FFM will be adjusted to 86 yuan/year at 12:00 on August 17, 2018.
    Adjustment suffixes include:
    Loan/win/men/bid/stream/review/trade/date/party/download
    Science/racing/accountant/faith/webcam/cricket
    Price instructions and notes:
    1) price adjustment time: 12:00, August 17, 2018
    2) renewal price: RMB 86 / year
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service for consultation. Thank you very much for your long-term support and trust to our company. Thank you!
    Western digital
    15, 2018

• Namesilo is used for 99% of all spam on my forums.

tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

• Lol GoDaddy and 1and1 are 99.9% of spam on my forums.

Have I mentioned how much I hate auto correct recently?

• @moni099878 said:

Dear users:
    Hello! Admin!
    Since the former FFM registration bureau has been taken over by the new registration bureau, the price of the suffix renewal under the former FFM will be adjusted to 86 yuan/year at 12:00 on August 17, 2018.
    Adjustment suffixes include:
    Loan/win/men/bid/stream/review/trade/date/party/download
    Science/racing/accountant/faith/webcam/cricket
    Price instructions and notes:
    1) price adjustment time: 12:00, August 17, 2018
    2) renewal price: RMB 86 / year
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service for consultation. Thank you very much for your long-term support and trust to our company. Thank you!
    Western digital
    15, 2018

Thank you for the confirmation regarding the new pricing scheme. I registered a few of those garbage TLDs for low end domains, but now I'm looking to switch out with this change basically making them all but useless.

• What kind of domains do people even register with these ‘special’ TLDs? I know many people who can’t remember non-.com websites

Are you a UI/UX designer or web/app developer? Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/uJPUZuQ

• The responsible registrar notes their customers about upcoming price adjustments, Namesilo keeps silent.

The last notification from the responsible registrar on Oct. 18, 2018:

Dear Customer,

We hereby notify you of an increase to our current .BIZ Registration, Renewal and Transfer fee pricing.

This increase is in line with a substantial increase in fees by Neustar, the .BIZ domain operator, which will affect all Registrars and will be applied from the 12th of November 2018.

From that date our standard pricing for each annual increment of a .BIZ domain name (registration or renewal) and for each transfer of a .BIZ domain name from one registrar to Internet.bs will be as follows:

Basic rate - $12.99
    Wire Only rate - $12.79
    Domainer rate - $12.49

In order to allow time to adjust to this pricing increase we will be applying a promotional discount for the months of November and December. Please note that prices in other currencies are subject to change due to fluctuations in exchange rates.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this increase in pricing may cause, please be assured that we remain committed to continuing to offer our customers the low prices they have come to expect from us.

Yours sincerely,
    Internet.bs

• mailinaboxmailinabox Member
    edited October 20

Same will be happen like namecheap. When namesilo reach the 10 million domain under management that way prices will goes up for all domain basicly. PROFIT!!!!!!!!!

• HukinHukin Member

Namecheap ask to renew my .win domain for $35 after one year, so, no thanks. They just failed with renewing their offers.

People always hate those who tell them the truth, and love those who lie to them.

• @Hukin said:
    Namecheap ask to renew my .win domain for $35 after one year, so, no thanks. They just failed with renewing their offers.

You need to do it. Is your name worth it :)

• HukinHukin Member

mailinabox said: You need to do it. Is your name worth it

Just let them start a VPN instead..

• @Hukin said:

What is that .win domain?

• YuraYura Member

@mailinabox said:

@Hukin said:

Charlie Sheen's top level domain.

• @Yura said:

@mailinabox said:

@Hukin said:

Charlie Sheen's top level domain.

I ask the owner :)

• HukinHukin Member
    edited October 21

mailinabox said: What is that .win domain?

wine
    But you and Daverno too small for it :smile:

• hyndshynds Member

They're offering again .COM domains just for $6.99

eCoupon - Cheap Domain, Hosting and VPS Coupon Codes