Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Hunter - Find your new server with ease - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Hunter - Find your new server with ease

Comments

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

@hzr said:
    Try something like www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/ - people can read it, people can build off it, but they must link back to you and they must release any data they contribute or add to it too.

Thanks a lot, that sounds pretty good. It might take some time, but I'll take a look at this as soon as possible. :)

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2018

Anyone test the site on Android? It says showing 20 results, but none show. Clicking on Show More changes that to say 40, but still no results show.

Edit: looks like no columns selected by default. I don't like that. I would prefer a default set of columns showing the most useful stuff and add columns from there.

@TimboJones said:
    Anyone test the site on Android? It says showing 20 results, but none show. Clicking on Show More changes that to say 40, but still no results show.

So you don't see anything at all, or do you only see the prices/setup fee? It's working on my Oneplus One right now, but the device or operating system really shouldn't matter.

• @ServerHunter said:

@TimboJones said:

So you don't see anything at all, or do you only see the prices/setup fee? It's working on my Oneplus One right now, but the device or operating system really shouldn't matter.

No columns were selected. Now when I go there in chrome or Firefox, the first 4 columns are enabled and displayed. I notice when page loads a momentary "processing" . I wonder if the first time it didn't finish the page load. I probably need to try from a different phone now. Or it was just a one off transient problem.

• Holy smokes, batman! Bookmarked! Thank you!

Thanked by 1ServerHunter

@TimboJones said:
    No columns were selected. Now when I go there in chrome or Firefox, the first 4 columns are enabled and displayed. I notice when page loads a momentary "processing" . I wonder if the first time it didn't finish the page load. I probably need to try from a different phone now. Or it was just a one off transient problem.

I don't believe in transient problems, I hope it'll be better once I rework column selection. :)

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

Nice Work! Congratulations!

• Gorgeous! Bookmarked <3

• Bookmarked.

• h2oh2o Member
    edited September 2018

How could I make it show by yearly price?

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

A search for India shows dozens of cities/states in USA and ultimately you cannot find India

@h2o said:

That's not possible yet, but coming soon. :)

@leapswitch said:
    A search for India shows dozens of cities/states in USA and ultimately you cannot find India

We have a country filter deploying soon, but in the mean time, are you sure you set the range to the appropriate amount? It works for me: https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=C17-857-0B8

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@ServerHunter said:

@h2o said:

That's not possible yet, but coming soon. :)

@leapswitch said:

We have a country filter deploying soon, but in the mean time, are you sure you set the range to the appropriate amount? It works for me: https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=C17-857-0B8

The problem is you need to enter exact city, just entering India doesn't work. Country filter will help. I believe most users are not looking for servers in a particular city.

leapswitch said: The problem is you need to enter exact city, just entering India doesn't work. Country filter will help. I believe most users are not looking for servers in a particular city.

I agree, this feature will be available soon! :)

Neoon said: He uses static data, we "drop" the database every 10 minutes and fill it with the data we get from the providers.

Happy to clarify that our data is not entirely static, we also augment it with various live sources such as the Hetzner server auction: https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=61D-940-DEC

• Would you update these prices on time during upcoming black friday? Is it any crawler behind?

edited September 2018

@tsoft said:
    Would you update these prices on time during upcoming black friday? Is it any crawler behind?

We have some crawlers, but most of it depends on the providers. We have a promotion system that's launching soon, so providers will be able to add promotions in advance, and we'll send an e-mail reminding them as well. So hopefully we'll have most black friday deals on our site! :)

• @ServerHunter said:
    Every offer on our website offers a dedicated IP unless "NAT IPv4" is a feature (which there are very little of at the moment).

Well, then I guess the filter is being applied by default and you can't turned it off (even if it doesnt show up as turned on)
    I see all the offers, NAT filter is not selected, and selecting it makes no difference. I still see everything.

@404error said:
    Well, then I guess the filter is being applied by default and you can't turned it off (even if it doesnt show up as turned on)
    I see all the offers, NAT filter is not selected, and selecting it makes no difference. I still see everything.

I'm not entirely following, but when you select "NAT IPv4", you will only see the offers without a dedicated IPv4 address: https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=0DA-1B8-50B

Right now, it's not possible to do the opposite yet. You can either see all offers (NAT and Dedicated IP) or just NAT. It's something that will be possible in the near future. :)

edited September 2018

@tsoft said:
    A minor bug

Thanks, I'll fix it!

Also some offers are out of stock

That's fine, our website will list offers regardless of whether they're in stock or not. We will add a stock indicator in the future though. :)

• Awesome! It's a really handy tool! Maybe it's not a bad idea to add a feature that let us compare specs between 2 similar packages from different provider.

• No OVH, really? Outdated offers and out of stock products? Strong bias + unusable.

BTW, who do you work for?

edited September 2018

@Kiwi83 said:
    Maybe it's not a bad idea to add a feature that let us compare specs between 2 similar packages from different provider.

Good idea, I'll see what we can do. :)

@Shot2 said:
    Outdated offers and out of stock products?

Which offers are outdated? In regards to stock, we show items regardless of stock levels because the offer still exists - it doesn't just cease to exist. As mentioned before, we'll add a stock indicator in the future.

Strong bias + unusable.

Can you please elaborate?

BTW, who do you work for?

I'm a freelancer. As mentioned before, we're not associated, run by, paid for or sponsored by any host.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Thanked by 1Shot2

Shot2 said: No OVH, really?

Happy to report OVH is on the website now :) https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=4B5-650-13E

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ServerHunter said:

Shot2 said: No OVH, really?

Happy to report OVH is on the website now :) https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=4B5-650-13E

What about all the dedicated servers?

edited September 2018

@Neoon said:
    What about all the dedicated servers?

There's plenty of those too: https://www.serverhunter.com/find/?search=7BF-6DE-EC4 :)

All the ones under their other brands (e.g. Kimsufi / So You Start) will be added soon.

• @ServerHunter said:
    Which offers are outdated? In regards to stock, we show items regardless of stock levels because the offer still exists - it doesn't just cease to exist. As mentioned before, we'll add a stock indicator in the future.

Online.net's Start-2-S-SATA is 9.99, not 11.99, and without setup fee. It has been for 10 days at least.

edited September 2018

@Shot2 said:
    Online.net's Start-2-S-SATA is 9.99, not 11.99, and without setup fee. It has been for 10 days at least.

Thanks, it has been updated. I'll go through all their pricing later, I believe there have been a few more changes.

• How often do you crawl the sites?

• How much for rent the site?