Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH/SYS region and (no) VAT difference
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH/SYS region and (no) VAT difference

How does the billing work exactly? If I change currency to USD on main page of SYS/OVH I am able to purchase servers without any extra VAT. I'm using my real address which is european country.

What are the cons of creating North America account and purchasing servers in french datacenter?

Comments

• That doesn't sound right.. Even with Non-EU Address, they need to verify users to remove VAT for most cases.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

I am sure, as long you enter the address correct, it does not matter where you order, you still get charged VAT at the end.

But I saw some small price differences between IE and some eu countries, also some countries unable to register over IE and where locked down to there region.

• CdoeCdoe Member
    edited September 2018

I have just ordered with setup fee - no VAT taken, european IP, european address. Order placed after clicking World [$].

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/ - check it out on your own, it should work or any server. The price from cart is final and same as the one invoiced.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2018

@mrclown said:
    That doesn't sound right.. Even with Non-EU Address, they need to verify users to remove VAT for most cases.

The OVH had yesterday some issue with billing, as for my project server (development) they tried to charge me £163.20 for one month for /30 subnet (4 IPv4 addresses) at £3.40 per address (try to find for me that price on their website?). I think its called French calculation!

• KristopherHKristopherH Member
    edited September 2018

That is what we call tax evasion my friend.

SYS & OVH prices regardless of if they don't claim VAT or not are the same, infact the US sites cost a bit more than the VAT ones. They purposely do this so you can't just do what you are trying to do.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@KristopherH said:
    That is what we call tax evasion my friend.

What? wait What?
    If its possible to select his country at OVH US/CA, with his valid address, without VPN, on a residential line. Its not tax evasion.

A lot of US/CA hosts are not charging any VAT to europeans, like OneProvider.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • KristopherHKristopherH Member
    edited September 2018

a