Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH/SoYouStart's support isn't so bad if you call them
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH/SoYouStart's support isn't so bad if you call them

wiggl3wiggl3 Member
edited August 2018 in Providers

Just thought I'd share this here, I've always seen people complain about OVH's support, and yes they do take a while to reply to tickets, but I've never had reasons to contact their support until now, and it went better than I expected.

So I have this storage server at SoYouStart that I use to store backups, it has an uptime of 484 days and always ran like a champ. I finally went ahead and got a better storage server at OVH, and was working on moving my VMs from the older server to the new server.

I was moving this 973Gb r1soft VM over to the new server using rclone, and it was the last day of my billing cycle. Their system automatically suspended my server as usual, when the transfer was 92%. Surprisingly, I didn't lose access to the server, but it's bandwidth was throttled to about 1Mb/s. I was like shit, will I have to renew my server just for the remaining 8% :( So I sent them this ticket and called them afterwards:

Hello,

Can I renew this server for the next 1 week only? I'm in the process of moving it's backups to another server at OVH, and I only need this server for a couple more days until my transfer finishes.

2018/08/28 11:46:24 INFO
Transferred: 900.223 GBytes (6.834 MBytes/s)
Errors: 0
Checks: 0
Transferred: 0
Elapsed time: 37h28m1.2s
Transferring:
vm-103-disk-1.qcow2: 92% /973.623G, 1.174M/s, 17h47m6s

I talked to support on the phone and Mohammed (shout out to Mohammed! lol) extended my server for another 5 days so I could finish my things before cancelling the server. Later he replied this on the ticket I opened:

Hello,

This is Mohammed from OVH, we spoke earlier over the phone. I'm sending you
this message as a follow-up to our conversation regarding your server
xxxxxxxxxxxx.net.

As per our discussion, I just granted you 5 day grace period.
We thank you again for choosing SoyouStart,

Mohammed H.
Customer Advocate

So yeah, I think this can't be considered a review for SoYouStart, but if you're looking for solid hardware for a good price and can take care of things yourself, SYS/OVH is a great option. And if you need quick support regarding billing/hardware failure, just call, you'll get someone to help you out much faster than just sending a ticket.

Comments

• I absolutely love OVH.
    Totally agree, their support is strikingly good when you call as opposed to waiting two and a half weeks for a ticket response when it comes to their servers and perhaps VPS.
    However, for domains (and I'd guess web hosting), they are absolute morons.

Thanked by 1wiggl3
  • i think Mohammed is greatest man

• OVH is best greatest.