Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would anyone be interested in an OpenVPN module for WHMCS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would anyone be interested in an OpenVPN module for WHMCS?

Hello,

I'm thinking about developing a WHMCS module for OpenVPN since I haven't found any yet.

Would anyone be interested in it?

If yes what features would you like on it?

I have thought about user management, BW control and graphs, firewall services and access control.

Anything else that I should include?

Thanked by 1Vwpfong

Comments

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

I looked awhile back for something that could do like a auto deploy but could not find anything. right now I just manual set them up if someone ask for VPN. I guess if there was a mod out there that would make it easier I would push it more LOL

• openvpn and wireguard please.

• OpenVPN + FreeRADIUS + FreeRADIUS WHMCS Module.

• Thanks for the feedback! What would be your main use for such module?
    1) Provide standalone VPN service eg: Anonymizer, Access streaming sites of other regions etc..
    2) Provide secure access to a virtual network (VLAN, overlay etc..) of a customer that has multiple servers and also private network.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Both if possible.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Yes

• Yup. World needs that module.

• I believe many hosts would like to have something like that.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

Definitely Interested. You should start it and update us here to review it and will help you add more features.

• One for wireguard would be amazing!

• Certainly! it would be great to have a new one.

• JackHJackH Member
    edited September 2018

You can do all of this already with a RADIUS server and the OpenVPN Radius plugin. There are already WHMCS modules out there in the wild for selling RADIUS server accounts.

Edit: The module doesn't allocate or monitor bandwidth, however you can also do this with RADIUS. Updating the module to support bandwidth counting would be an easy way to achieve this functionality.

• I got a module, i think the original developer stopped maintaining it. I'll sell it :open_mouth: