Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba cloud with Docker?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba cloud with Docker?

Is anyone here using Docker with the 1EUR/mo plan they offer? Would be nice to run a few low traffic apps if it's supported.

Just asked their live chat, the agent had no idea what I was talking about and thought docker is a kind of smartphone app...

Comments

• I think it should be supported as it is kvm. I could add ram when I had one

Thanked by 1Gipuma
  • GipumaGipuma Member
    edited August 2018

@Osatien said:
    I think it should be supported as it is kvm. I could add ram when I had one

Thanks! But I think I'll pass this time, considering their tech support live chat took ages to type and thought docker is a smartphone app.

• You can try it's billed per hour and you can cancel it

Thanked by 1Gipuma
  • @Gipuma said:

@Osatien said:

Thanks! But I think I'll pass this time, considering their tech support live chat took ages to type and thought docker is a smartphone app.

You want trained tech support solving/answering every question of yours instantly for 1 Euro per month VPS?

You can try for 1 Euro and if it doesn't work, cancel it. Also they provide free 60 day trial if you want to try.

• mlimli Member

@Osatien said:

Aruba is not using KVM, they use VMware. See https://arubacloud.com/vps/technical-specs-virtual-private-server.aspx

• I don't see any reason docker wouldn't run on it.

• OsatienOsatien Member
    edited August 2018

@mli said:

@Osatien said:

Aruba is not using KVM, they use VMware. See https://arubacloud.com/vps/technical-specs-virtual-private-server.aspx

It's near the same no? Full emulation

Thanked by 1Gipuma
  • @TheKiller said:

@Gipuma said:

@Osatien said:

You want trained tech support solving/answering every question of yours instantly for 1 Euro per month VPS?

You can try for 1 Euro and if it doesn't work, cancel it. Also they provide free 60 day trial if you want to try.

If it's my company then yes, I do want to have someone competent answering presale questions, because I might have other offerings that are not 1EUR/mo, like every other hosting companies out there, you know? ;) By the way I myself am by no means a trained technician, yet I at least have heard of Docker.

• @Gipuma said:

@TheKiller said:

@Gipuma said:

@Osatien said:

If it's my company then yes, I do want to have someone competent answering presale questions, because I might have other offerings that are not 1EUR/mo, like every other hosting companies out there, you know? ;) By the way I myself am by no means a trained technician, yet I at least have heard of Docker.

1 Euro is not that expensive, you can try for one month and if it doesn't work, just cancel it, or get trial account.

• @TheKiller said:

@Gipuma said:

@TheKiller said:

@Gipuma said:

@Osatien said:

1 Euro is not that expensive, you can try for one month and if it doesn't work, just cancel it, or get trial account.

Yep, I was actually going to try one with more RAM.

• riopardoriopardo Member
    edited August 2018

• I have aruba and it can run docker ce

• Currently running Docker CE. I'm running a mail server currently and it is working fabulously.

• @daxterfellowes said:
    Currently running Docker CE. I'm running a mail server currently and it is working fabulously.

do you disable ipv6? you cannot set reverse dns for ipv6 so it's been an issue with google.

• @smile said:

@daxterfellowes said:
    Currently running Docker CE. I'm running a mail server currently and it is working fabulously.

do you disable ipv6? you cannot set reverse dns for ipv6 so it's been an issue with google.

I'm running their base Ubuntu install image with no major modifications and running the mail server with Traefik backing any HTTP/S communication. So nothing has been modified in the Docker engine to disable ipv6.

• I used docker with it.

• Sure you can. I run Outline on IT1 (€1.00) and it requires docker.

• I have that plan for a while and use the latest docker, works like a charm (using the debian image)