Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to Buy 2tb SYS ARM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking to Buy 2tb SYS ARM

helllo,

I'm looking to purchase any idling 2tb sys in CA

thanks

Comments

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited August 2018

Join Neoon's discord here. Those pop up from time to time.

• Hi,

I have 1 2tb sys in CA. I can let go. PM me your price.

# wget --no-check-certificate freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    Benchmark started on Sat Aug 25 19:33:29 MYT 2018
    Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor   : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
    CPU Cores   : 2
    Frequency   :  MHz
    Memory      : 2021 MB
    Swap        :  MB
    Uptime      : 62 days, 1:43,

OS      : Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
    Arch        : armv7l (32 Bit)
    Kernel      : 4.5.2-armada375
    Hostname    : xxxxxxxxxx

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 54.39.62.xxx

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    70.2MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      40.5MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   31.0MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   19.2MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   19.1MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   17.2MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      5.70MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   5.33MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     8.23MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    1.16MB/s 

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 174 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 176 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 182 MB/s
    Average I/O : 177.333 MB/s

• Pmed

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

Just keep watching @Neoon's Discord till some are back in stock.
    Cancelled one 2TB/CA minutes ago.

• thanks, I managed to snag a box from Discord.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

What kind of servers are these? I'm interested in getting some Arm boxes to play with. And not a Pi.

• @randvegeta said:
    What kind of servers are these? I'm interested in getting some Arm boxes to play with. And not a Pi.

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/server-storage/

I read "ARM Cortex A9 ARMv7 2c / 2t 1GHz 2GB DDR3 1x2TB SATA"

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Shot2 said:

@randvegeta said:

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/server-storage/

I read "ARM Cortex A9 ARMv7 2c / 2t 1GHz 2GB DDR3 1x2TB SATA"

I meant the hardware manufacturer and model. I want to get my hands on the physical box, not rent 1.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

These are Marvell Armada 375 SoC thingies, let's poke OVH employees @ninzo59

• JunJun Member

Marvell Armada 375 is ARM Cortex A9 ARMv7

• @Shot2 said:
    These are Marvell Armada 375 SoC thingies, let's poke OVH employees @ninzo59

afaik the board is something more or less proprietary developed by OVH.
    if you have a look into the other SYS thread, there is a link hidden somewhere to the sources of the (buggy) OVH kernel which at least contains some hardware patches which might be useful to get some more information ;-)

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2018

randvegeta said: I meant the hardware manufacturer and model. I want to get my hands on the physical box, not rent 1.

The closest boards commercially available are the Globalscale ESPRESSOBin (Marvell Armada 3700LP) and the SolidRun Clearfog (ARMADA based A388) if you want your own Armada 37x you probably would have to special order from someone like SolidRun who fabricates boards. My guess is OVH likely engineered the board and then hired a similar group to fabricate it.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • pincpinc Member

@TheLinuxBug said:

randvegeta said: I meant the hardware manufacturer and model. I want to get my hands on the physical box, not rent 1.

The closest boards commercially available are the Globalscale ESPRESSOBin (Marvell Armada 3700LP) and the SolidRun Clearfog (ARMADA based A388).

I thought WD MyCloud NASes have Marvell Armada inside, not sure about the exact version though. Synology DS115 was also based on Armada.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2018

pinc said: I thought WD MyCloud NASes have Marvell Armada inside, not sure about the exact version though. Synology DS115 was also based on Armada.

Actually yes, they do, but I was targeting more development boards where you have access to all the underlying firmware and OS stuff fully, instead of their limited platform that's provided for that SAN/NAS hardware as the OVH stuff is likely closer to a development board than a Synology unit. Also, it would be a lot more expensive to buy a Synlogy NAS than buy an ESPRESSOBin, about 4x the cost probably. However, compared to the ClearFog it's probably closer in cost (I would still buy the ClearFog over the Synology though).

Cheers!

• I have a 4TB that's just idling if anyone is looking I'm willing to transfer