Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't ping google on VM in Proxmox- no internet access in or out.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't ping google on VM in Proxmox- no internet access in or out.

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

XXX... is public IP and gateway on it.

This is host setting

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eno1
iface eno1 inet static
address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
netmask 255.255.255.248
dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 4.2.2.2

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
netmask 255.255.255.248
gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxn
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet static
address 192.168.1.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
bridge_ports none
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0
post-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
post-up iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s '192.168.1.0/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE
post-down iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -s '192.168.1.0/24' -o vmbr0 -j MASQUERADE

post-up iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.2:22
post-down iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i vmbr0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.2:22

This is guest

auto ens18
iface ens18 inet static

address 192.168.1.2
     netmask 255.255.255.0
      network 192.168.1.0
      broadcast 192.168.1.255
     gateway 192.168.1.1
     dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
     dns-search mysite.com 

I have no internet access from this vm.
Could anyone help me with finding out anything wrong with my networking configuration here either/both on host and vm?

Comments

• Try to disable the iptables on the node and see what happens

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

vmbr0 is your primary, you're bridging eno1 - you shouldn't have address/netmask info under eno1 I'd think. It seems like that's coming up first and not vmbr0

Remove the address/netmask info under eno1 and change it to 'inet manual'

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@Harambe said:
    vmbr0 is your primary, you're bridging eno1 - you shouldn't have address/netmask info under eno1 I'd think. It seems like that's coming up first and not vmbr0

That's what I also think. I don't understand why Proxmox does not remove eno1 info here where it should be removed when vmbr0 is created on the panel as on my other server, it does. I will try that first.

@yongsiklee said:

@Harambe said:

That's what I also think. I don't understand why Proxmox does not remove eno1 info here where it should be removed when vmbr0 is created on the panel as on my other server, it does. I will try that first.

Yes, it is working now.
    Thank you.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@yongsiklee said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Harambe said:

Yes, it is working now.
    Thank you.

Awesome :smile:

When you add vmbr0 in the proxmox network settings, I think you gotta make sure you empty the address/netmask/gateway fields under that main interface (eno1/etc) first. Pretty sure it used to error if you didn't do it, but maybe it lets you do it now.. not sure. Anyways, glad you got it working.

edited August 2018

@Harambe said:

@yongsiklee said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Harambe said:

Yes, it is working now.
    Thank you.

Awesome :smile:

When you add vmbr0 in the proxmox network settings, I think you gotta make sure you empty the address/netmask/gateway fields under that main interface (eno1/etc) first. Pretty sure it used to error if you didn't do it, but maybe it lets you do it now.. not sure. Anyways, glad you got it working.

I didn't empty eno1 fields except for gateway (I can't add bridge including gateway while gateway on eno1 is present) but it still let me add bridge.

Thank you very much for your help and I will make sure of it from the next time.