Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS free alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS free alternative

dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
edited October 2013 in Help

I am looking for a WHMCS alternative, free of cost, as I do not want to pay for WHMCS.
I had a look at boxbilling, hated it. Anything else? open source is a lot more preferable.

Comments

• Blesta is a little cheaper in places which has similar functionality.

• irmirm Member
    edited October 2013

If you're getting into the hosting business and don't have $15 dollars set aside in your budget every month for a WHMCS license or money upfront for a Hostbill/Clientexec/Blesta/WHMCS owned license, there is a big issue and you should really reconsider what you're doing. :/

Thanked by 1malek
  • @fcfc said:
    If you're getting into the hosting business and don't have $15 dollars set aside in your budget every month for a WHMCS license or money upfront for a Hostbill/Clientexec/Blesta/WHMCS owned license, there is a big issue and you should really reconsider what you're doing. :/

I just don't want to pay for it atm, nor am I getting into the hosting business.

• Depends what you want to use it for. The only free ones I know of are either THT or as said, BoxBilling.

If you're willing to pay upfront I'd recommend Blesta of what @fcfc said.

• free: boxbilling, spbas

free and opensource: thehostingtool

• smansman Member
    edited October 2013

Funny how these threads seem to come up when there is a WHMCS security update. Cough...nulled copy...cough.

• I think the OP is going to use that for the free VPS business.

• smansman Member
    edited October 2013

Even a free business has bills. $15 a month doesn't really add much to that. I'm a big fan of open source however billing is one area where the open source concept doesn't seem to work. I would love for some product out there to prove me wrong.

• @sman said:
    Funny how these threads seem to come up when there is a WHMCS security update. Cough...nulled copy...cough.

I don't use WHMCS for anything, so there's no possibility of me running a nulled version of it.

@sundaymouse said:
    I think the OP is going to use that for the free VPS business.

Yes, you're right.

@sman said:
    Even a free business has bills. $15 a month doesn't really add much to that. I'm a big fan of open source however billing is one area where the open source concept doesn't seem to work. I would love for some product out there to prove me wrong.

Yes, but the $15 can be used elsewhere to much greater effect when you aren't creating invoices and taking payments every month. I'm a fan of OSS too, but I can't find a worthy open source billing software to replace WHMCS.

• Ubercart is a free alternative, it's open source too. It looks pretty nice.

• @BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    Ubercart is a free alternative, it's open source too. It looks pretty nice.

There are a ton of things ubercart cannot do that most hosts require. Such as automation.

• @sman said:
    There are a ton of things ubercart cannot do that most hosts require. Such as automation.

And Paypal.

This discussion has been closed.