Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Colocation Single Server Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Colocation Single Server Europe

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a colocation offer for a single server in Europe.
The server needs about 80 watts (at 100% utilization).
I need a 1000mbps shared uplink, 1 ipv4 address, and 500-1000gb traffic or a fair-use traffic flat.
The Server can put in a 1u rack case or in a tower case.

Regards,
Dieter

Comments

• I'm also interested in colocation offers at the Switch Datacenters

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

What's your budget?

You'll probably have more offers if it's placed in a 1U.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We can do Lithuania if you're interested.

How many IPs and network ports do you need?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do it for 1U in Sofia, Bulgaria at 25EUR/m with free initial setup.

• https://active-servers.com/housingserver_rackhousing.php
    You pay around 30€/m with your needs. DC location is Frankfurt, Germany.

The price is cheap for colocation in Germany, so don't host any critical services there.

• dieterfdieterf Member
    edited August 2018

My budget is about 20€ per month.
    I would prefer Germany or Netherlands as datacenter location.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Not enough budget to provide a semi-good quality service.

@Clouvider said:

I dunno. Depends on the requirements. Lower power server with minimal bandwidth and support can easily be done at that price

@randvegeta said:

@Clouvider said:

I dunno. Depends on the requirements. Lower power server with minimal bandwidth and support can easily be done at that price

He stated he needs 80 Watts and 1U or tower space and given the selection of 2 countries. This, after skipping shed DCs, leads to the conclusion: not in this budget.

@Clouvider said:

@randvegeta said:

@Clouvider said:

He stated he needs 80 Watts and 1U or tower space and given the selection of 2 countries. This, after skipping shed DCs, leads to the conclusion: not in this budget.

Yes, a preference for DE or NL will probably mean the price will be higher. But it's not one of his requirements (unless by prefer he means needs).

• @randvegeta the stated request is 1u or tower, 80w, 500-1000gb on 1gbps, 1x ipv4, 20€/month. Are you saying you you can do that in LT? If yes that's great, if not then it would be nice to know what would have to change.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

According to the cleanenergywire.org database it is 0.29eur per 1kwh in Germany? if thats true, then 80w will generate you the 16.94eur monthly bill. thats ONLY for electricity but there are cooling and other expenses aswell. in netherlands electricity should be little lower if i remember correctly. but anyway, 20euros budget is like nothing if you want stable colo.

@willie said:
    @randvegeta the stated request is 1u or tower, 80w, 500-1000gb on 1gbps, 1x ipv4, 20€/month. Are you saying you you can do that in LT? If yes that's great, if not then it would be nice to know what would have to change.

In Lithuania? Yes sure. In Hong Kong, not a chance.

But yes I could happily host a tower or even 4U server in LT for €20/m if it only used 80 watts and 1TB traffic. It's a fairly modest requirement.

Thanked by 1willie
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

@estnoc said:
    According to the cleanenergywire.org database it is 0.29eur per 1kwh in Germany? if thats true, then 80w will generate you the 16.94eur monthly bill. thats ONLY for electricity but there are cooling and other expenses aswell. in netherlands electricity should be little lower if i remember correctly. but anyway, 20euros budget is like nothing if you want stable colo.

This is true, proper DCs charge you around 0.25-0.28 per kwh in Frankfurt

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

is this without PUE?

@nik said:

@estnoc said:

This is true, proper DCs charge you around 0.25-0.28 per kwh in Frankfurt

@estnoc said:

I would imagine that many providers have lower rates of electricity. Though Germany has some surprisingly high rates, I assume the wholesale prices are also more expensive than in some other countries.

Cooling may not be a big deal, especially in the colder months. There are a lot of new ways of extracting heat economically.

Other than power, DE and NL have higher rent/property costs, as well as higher taxes, higher wages. I would be skeptical if you could do colo in western Europe for 20 EUR. But Eastern Europe? Its not a lot of money but its certainly doable.

edited August 2018

@estnoc said:

And + equipment, batteries, maintainance, space, security, insurance, profit, I can go on about the costs

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

Yeah Dom is right. I wouldn't trust my kit at a DC that would charge 20 euro. Its just doesn't add up.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@Zare said:
    Yeah Dom is right. I wouldn't trust my kit at a DC that would charge 20 euro. Its just doesn't add up.

Presumably anyone wanting a 20 EUR service isn't sending over thousands worth of gear, or expecting much. But if you can sell dedicated servers at sub €30, then I see no reason why €20 for colo is so unrealistic.

As mentioned above, I would be skeptical of such a service in western Europe, but with only modest requirements, the relatively low operating costs eastwards make it more than feasible.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

We can offer for 25 € Single Tower Colocation with your requirements in Netherlands.
    For 29 € per month I can offer it with KVM over IP and switchable power connection.

Colocation in Germany would be a bit more expensive.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Timtimo13Timtimo13 Member
    edited August 2018

@GameTownProjects said:
    We can offer for 25 € Single Tower Colocation with your requirements in Netherlands.
    For 29 € per month I can offer it with KVM over IP and switchable power connection.

Colocation in Germany would be a bit more expensive.

Who are you and what datacenter are we talking about in NL?

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

We use Skylink in Eygelshoven for our new Tower Colocation in NL.

More Information briefly on:
    https://kts24.com

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited August 2018

@randvegeta said:

@willie said:
    @randvegeta the stated request is 1u or tower, 80w, 500-1000gb on 1gbps, 1x ipv4, 20€/month. Are you saying you you can do that in LT? If yes that's great, if not then it would be nice to know what would have to change.

But yes I could happily host a tower or even 4U server in LT for €20/m if it only used 80 watts and 1TB traffic. It's a fairly modest requirement.

I'd assume that the square footage cost would be more than €20 in Hong Kong?

@ehhthing said:

@randvegeta said:

@willie said:

I'd assume that the square footage cost would be more than €20 in Hong Kong?

For sure. It's just not feasible in HK.

• my electrical cost is arrownd 4 eur /mo but .... i will not make it sorry