Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for UK hosting recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for UK hosting recommendations

I host about 30 sites for my clients, but I'm looking to grow this to 50 over the next year.

With my current host, I have what they call a VDS Lite, which is basically a shared VPS with a proprietary control panel.

I'm not sure of the exact spec but it's basically running FreeBSD, Apache 2.2.31, PHP 5.6.12 and MySQL 5.5.44

Their whole offering is getting a bit long in the tooth and I've been chasing upgrades for a while. They have now decided to withdraw from the market and so I need to find a new host PDQ.

Most of my sites are Wordpress, but I have a few that are plain HTML and I want the flexibility to run things other than WP. All my domains are registered with a separate registrar and just pointed at the VPS.

For some of my clients, I only provide e-mail. Some access via IMAP and for one I provide an SMTP feed to their onsite mail server. I would like to keep this facility.

I also need to provide https, via something like Lets Encrypt. I can't do this at the moment. So I use the Cloudflare Plugin for WP Sites as a workaround.

I currently pay £40 plus VAT (£48) a month and I, obviously, don't want to spend huge amounts more than this. I'd also like a UK based host.

I've been looking at guru.co.uk's Reseller Cloud Hosting Pro account and wonder if anyone has any experience of them and how this account would fit with my needs? I'm also open to any other suggestions anyone might have.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I can also recommend Bytemark and their "symbiosis" system which runs on Debian (no GUI interface though still easy to use) but they're not really "low end". I have services with Clouvider/Inception/LoveServers (tagged above) and all have been good.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Were you just looking at reseller cPanel hosting or would you consider a dedicated server?

• @Zare said:
    Were you just looking at reseller cPanel hosting or would you consider a dedicated server?

I think for VPS.

• expressplexexpressplex Member
    edited August 2018

better you should switch to vps

bluehost uk servers are good you can have a look i am using bluehost since 2006 without an issue
    also if you looking at uk based companies
    eukhost , uk2, heart internet are good options

oh yes zare is good option he already replied :)

• reditredit Member, Host Rep

As already mentioned if you have the knowledge and time either a VPS or a Dedicated Server might be your best option for the number of sites you have plus this will give you the space to grow st your speed and set your own account limits and options.

We are able to offer either if you are looking and you can see our offerings at either https://www.redit.co.uk/vps or https://www.redit.co.uk/ds

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

I mean i could do E3-1231v3, 16GB RAM, 2 x 1TB HDD RAID-1 for £40.00 ex VAT. Would give you completely dedicated resources.

• +1 for @Zare

Thanked by 2Zare feezioxiii
  • feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

@wa44io4 said:
    +1 for @Zare

+2 here :D

Thanked by 1Zare
  • @Zare said:
    I mean i could do E3-1231v3, 16GB RAM, 2 x 1TB HDD RAID-1 for £40.00 ex VAT. Would give you completely dedicated resources.

it was good deal :D

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Jack said:
    2GB RAM 1 x vCPU 30GB SSD Cached Disk space 1TB Transfer 1Gbps uplink 1 x IPv4 /64 IPv6 KVM/SolusVM

£4/mo - https://loveservers.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=10

at this moment 30 but will be 50 WordPress website on 1 shared CPU, I don't think it will be great idea or you don't have any restriction on abuse of CPU and customers can use more just one CPU for unlimited time? or unless all 30 - 50 websites just idle.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

50 sites would be fine on a good VPS with multiple cores.

Just remember a dedicated server requires a more expensive cPanel license if you wanted to use it, plus management. Etc... it all adds up.

I would recommend LoveServers as we use their storage server and monitor it with HetrixTools and so far it’s been very reliable.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

That escalated quickly.

• @Clouvider said:
    That escalated quickly.

I think the OP might have shilled regarding the above mentioned host in his post.

Thanked by 2Clouvider WebProject