Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite book: Do you think this is a good deal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Elite book: Do you think this is a good deal?

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited August 2018 in General

Hi there!
I am about to buy an used EliteBook Revolve 810 G3 with i5-5300U 5th generation, 12GB DDR3 mem, 256 GB SSD, LTA modem for a price with shipping (Greece) of ~170€.
As described by the owner, the lid has minor scratches, a small 1cm crack on the left corner of the outside lid. All other covers in a good condition and the battery in a good stand.
Does it worth the money, is it a bargain or a steal?
Opinions appreciated!

Comments

• vovlervovler Member
    edited August 2018

I would consider it a bargain comparing to new ones at ~200 euro

• Price doesn't seem too bad but I think it's better to buy stuff like that in person (check it out before buying) rather than over the internet. No idea if you have anything like craigslist where you are though.

• mkshmksh Member

Seems fine. Not to long ago i bought a Thinkpad X220 with i5-2520M, only 4GB of RAM and a seriously crappy HD for 100€. Considering the huge RAM and the SSD i think the 70€ extra are more than justified. Might be worth reading a couple reviews though. IIRC HP(?) hand some laptops with horrible display specs. My Thinkpad (no IPS) already isn't that great outside but those displays would have been even worse. Might be OK if you only want to use it indoors away from any strong light source but i personally wouldn't want those for free tbh.