Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH VPS SSD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH VPS SSD

Hello to everyone,

I noticed that OVH started selling 'VPS SSD' at a very affordable price, you can see it here: https://www.ovh.com/world/es/vps/vps-ssd.xml

I want to buy 'VPS SSD 1' this cheapest and I'm interested in if anyone can tell me if they VPS are good and if is OVH VPS network good ?
I have one small project and with this little vps 'VPS SSD 1' is quite enough for me.

Comments

• They are really good. Head to head with Hetzner cloud, same specs for ~$2.7. Never had any issue with OVH VPS, uptime 21:33:17 up 148 days

• irmirm Member

Haven't had any issues with OVH's VPS line.

• Had a few issues with their VPS stalling during re installation (twice), but that was about 6 months ago.

Absolutely solid since then.

• I'm waiting for their re-stock in AsiaPac. :)

• jure12jure12 Member
    edited August 2018

I bought VPS SSD cheapest $3.35/month.
    On their page ovh.com wrote that VPS had CPU 2.4 GHz but when I look on my VPS CPU characteristics I see that's not the case.

I leave you my screenshot below to see them lie.

• Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't they been this low for a while?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@JohnMiller92 said:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't they been this low for a while?

Think it depends on the location and plan (since they've had different iterations of the "SSD VPS")?

• They are great, note though that network speed is limited to 100 mbps.

• @jure12 said:
    I bought VPS SSD cheapest $3.35/month.
    On their page ovh.com wrote that VPS had CPU 2.4 GHz but when I look on my VPS CPU characteristics I see that's not the case.

I leave you my screenshot below to see them lie.

Might that just be from speedstep clocking down the CPU when idle to save power?

• I'm seeing 4 nines with my VPSes in Singapore and Sydney, comparable to my dedi in BHS.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

JohnMiller92 said: Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't they been this low for a while?

Yes they have, the news here is that OP has finally noticed.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited August 2018

@rm_ said:

JohnMiller92 said: Forgive me if I'm wrong but haven't they been this low for a while?

Yes they have, the news here is that OP has finally noticed.

Was just curious cause new account, and first post is about OVH and they just "noticed" new prices. But if you are genuine, forgive me OP ^^

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Was just curious cause new account, and first post is about OVH and they just "noticed" new prices. But if you are genuine, forgive me OP ^^

I would trust that OVH is solid enough that they don't need to send people to anonymously spam on forums.

• I think their prices are high for that specifications!

• @holhost said:
    I think their prices are high for that specifications!

Says the host selling similarly specced stuff at at least double the price.

• FHR said: JohnMiller92 said: Was just curious cause new account, and first post is about OVH and they just "noticed" new prices. But if you are genuine, forgive me OP ^^

I would trust that OVH is solid enough that they don't need to send people to anonymously spam on forums.

If you think about me that is not the case :)
    I just love to test VPS around the world.

seanho said: Might that just be from speedstep clocking down the CPU when idle to save power?

Believe me it's not the case. Looks like me they did it deliberately

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Fine so far.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I’ve have a cloud 3 VPS and I noticed a big slow down a few weeks ago. It seems better now thou. I am hoping they will increase network speed soon.

• experttechit said: I’ve have a cloud 3 VPS and I noticed a big slow down a few weeks ago. It seems better now thou. I am hoping they will increase network speed soon.

In which country you have ovh vps ?

• Do the OVH VPS still have an inode limit thats set quite low? I used one about a year ago as an nginx proxy cache and ran into problems when all the inodes were used up. I believe it was set to 65535.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Thank for sharing me

• Do u offer any affiliate program?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

twing said: Do the OVH VPS still have an inode limit thats set quite low? I used one about a year ago as an nginx proxy cache and ran into problems when all the inodes were used up. I believe it was set to 65535.

It is KVM, you can increase it as you need. OVH had OpenVZ products too, but that was many years ago.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Can someone link to their VPS's in english? Their site is hilariously terrible.

• https://www.ovh.com/world/vps/

• sidewinder said: Can someone link to their VPS's in english? Their site is hilariously terrible.

https://www.ovh.co.uk/

I bought ovh vps and work well, i do not like what they lie for CPU Mhz.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@jure12 said:

experttechit said: I’ve have a cloud 3 VPS and I noticed a big slow down a few weeks ago. It seems better now thou. I am hoping they will increase network speed soon.

In which country you have ovh vps ?

Ours is in the UK. We use the one advertised @ 3GHz and have about 50 Wordpress sites on it. It’s half full in storage terms.