Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBRZ OpenVZ 8GB Benchmark
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBRZ OpenVZ 8GB Benchmark

SlushySlushy Member
edited August 2018 in Reviews

I recently ordered the VPS-LEB-8GB plan from HostBRZ which can be found at https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostbrz-vps-shared-reseller-hosting-from-2-year/ . Since there aren't any benchmarks around, here is a benchmark below of the VPS if anyone is interested. The only problem seems to be the slow SSD speed..

-------------------------------------------------
 nench.sh v2018.04.14 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
 benchmark timestamp:    2018-08-09 15:17:31 UTC

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31240 @ 3.30GHz
CPU cores:    4
Frequency:    3292.369 MHz
RAM:          8.0G
Swap:         8.0G
Kernel:       Linux 2.6.32-042stab132.1 x86_64

Disks:
Filesystem     Type      Size Inodes
/dev/simfs     simfs     150G    45M

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    2.554 seconds
CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    7.417 seconds
CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    4.197 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 113.4 us / 231.7 us / 10.2 ms / 506.8 us
ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 2.35 k requests in 5.00 s, 588.8 MiB, 470 iops, 117.7 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run:    193.60 MiB/s
    2nd run:    171.66 MiB/s
    3rd run:    190.73 MiB/s
    average:    185.33 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4:    172.245.93.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         86.51 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        8.48 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   1.86 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      8.30 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         18.33 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected
Thanked by 1szarka

Comments

• I too got a host brz vps to test, am having similar speeds. It is obviously oversold with the cheaper plans causing higher loads. Not sure how many nodes they are using either.

• SlushySlushy Member
    edited August 2018

@dahartigan said:
    I too got a host brz vps to test, am having similar speeds. It is obviously oversold with the cheaper plans causing higher loads. Not sure how many nodes they are using either.

I haven't experienced any lag or downtime yet but for the price I'm paying, I can bear with the semi-ok SSD speed.

• @Slushy said:

@dahartigan said:
    I too got a host brz vps to test, am having similar speeds. It is obviously oversold with the cheaper plans causing higher loads. Not sure how many nodes they are using either.

I haven't experienced any lag or downtime yet but for the price I'm paying, I can bear with the semi-ok SSD speed.

For sure, when it's $12 per year you can't expect anything good. When you are paying $7/month though there should be quality.

• Comment from LEB for them:

I’ve waited a while to comment on this company to check their packages out. Wait, this came out wrong. Anyway, I was in need of cheap hosting because after my project is finished, it will remain unchanged for the next decade(s).
    VPS is not really an option any more. I’ve tried many providers and they all worked pretty well, but the setting up and maintenance is something I now prefer to leave up to the hoster. So then this provider popped up in my news stream and decided to see how they worked and especially how everything works.
    I have two packages, the SHARED-LEB-2 and SHARED-LEB-3. Both work equally fast. I ran into a few snags while setting thing up. Really simple issues, one not being able to add credit, that I required SSH access and that I had an odd PHP thing happening. Everything got dealt with swiftly and adding an extra option is totally not a problem. I want this, they send invoice, I pay and it’s there.
    The control panel is from cPanel, something I have not worked with before. My previous panels were Webmin and CentOS Webpanel. I had to get used to it, but it’s properly confugured and you have access to the scripts by Softalicious which saves a lot of time with setting up websites. The only thing that i’m missing is that one cannot “lock” a website from core file alterations that you can do in CentOS WP. I hav not transferred a beast of a website yet, but gemerally the websites are loading fast for me.
    Keep doing what you are doing. I have long experience with hosters and you’re doing it right. Thanks.

• The CPanel license is activated a month and a half ago.

• On march 2018, the web domain hostbrz.com was just a parked domain in sedo.

• And in LEB, there are some other... triumph reviews!

Seem legit!

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • Look at the providers on LEB that have the most comments. Now look at the offers and how they are worded. Then look at the responses from "customers" then check out the canned replies.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • I was going to buy shared/reseller plans from HostBrz.com but looking at the comments on their latest LEB offer, I feel suspicious about people praising them! But still waiting for some real-customer reviews. There are zero reviews about them on google-search though!

• @Sofia_K said:
    I was going to buy shared/reseller plans from HostBrz.com but looking at the comments on their latest LEB offer, I feel suspicious about people praising them! But still waiting for some real-customer reviews. There are zero reviews about them on google-search though!

Here's one for you then. I signed up a short while ago and ordered a reseller on a quarterly basis.

I haven't really used it, but here's a screenshot of the system stats.

That looks pretty good to me. Keep in mind this is most likely a brand new server and the only clients on it would be the ones from that sale. Over time they will need to keep filling it up to recover the costs, and when that happens it will get full and those stats will look bad.

I'd be more than happy to create an account on my reseller for you to verify how it works, like I said, I don't even use it. I'm a sucker for cheap toys, I want to play with them and expect them to break and when they don't break I'm impressed.