Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Illegal attackers" hacked Adobe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"Illegal attackers" hacked Adobe?

Hello all!

I just received an Adobe urgent mail that claims that they have been attacked by hackers that stole their client's details.
This is the letter:

_"Important Password Reset Information
To view this message in a language other than English, please click here.

We recently discovered that an attacker illegally entered our network and may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password. We currently have no indication that there has been unauthorized activity on your account.

To prevent unauthorized access to your account, we have reset your password. Please visit www.adobe.com/go/passwordreset to create a new password. We recommend that you also change your password on any website where you use the same user ID or password. In addition, please be on the lookout for suspicious email or phone scams seeking your personal information.

We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause you. We value the trust of our customers and we will work aggressively to prevent these types of events from occurring in the future. If you have questions, you can learn more by visiting our Customer Alert page, which you will find here.
Adobe Customer Care "_

Does anybody else had this message?

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

This is an old message now

• correct almost 10 days before i received this mail.

• Yes, the email about this have been several days now, or maybe two weeks.

• @jvnadr said:
    We recently discovered that an attacker illegally entered our network and may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password.

An attacker illegally entered their network? Someone please explain to me how an attacker can legally enter their network.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, we have been hacked illegally and people stole the data illegally. I suppose they can pay someone to do it in order to test audit their security, but still...

• Well, they could be hacked by NSA, and then maybe call it legally hacked? Who knows.

Thanked by 3kontam Maounique tux
    edited October 2013

@rds100 said:
    Well, they could be hacked by NSA, and then maybe call it legally hacked? Who knows.

NSA's hacking is still illegal, the difference is that nobody will pay for it, I mean they will not go to jail, but the definition of illegal is something against the law and the law and the constitution are forbidding wiretapping and private mail snooping without warrant.

• @Maounique i know, i was joking ;-)

I don't, people seem to forget what NSA is doing is illegal, clinging on technicalities, like, there are very few americans we spy on, it is mostly against foreign governments and companies, and even then, only the terrorists like the brazilians, for example.