Dedispec.Com does not like chargebacks
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Dedispec.Com does not like chargebacks

phamhuyenqn94phamhuyenqn94 Member
edited August 7 in General

I order Dual Intel Xeon E5-2670v2 Server, Bandwidth: 1Gbit Port: 100TB/Month with price is 89$/month from https://www.dedispec.com.
After that I received this server but with bandwith is 100Mbit Port (different with description is 1Gbit). I sent support ticket and they resolve this problem. When I start using this server, I discovered this server have an error, it's always automatic reboot after some minutes of using. I contact support again but they can not fix this error. I can not using this server because this error. They not fix this error since 7 days ago. I contact them need to refund my money but they ignore me. Today, they blocked my account to access them website and delete this server. They are scammers.

Comments

• saibalsaibal Member
    Thanked by 1phamhuyenqn94
  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Provider
    edited August 7

@phamhuyenqn94 your refund process is via dispute or ticket request

More detail welcome

Share the ticket copy in your email

Try forget password to find,is your account till their

@dedispec

Thanked by 1phamhuyenqn94

vpsgod.com : Shared | Reseller | VPS | SeedBox | RDP | Dedi | VPS Reseller

$9/yr VPS- ovz Charlotte | 256MB RAM

• I sent support ticket to help me fix this server but they slow response and can not fix this error.

• FoulFoul Member

phamhuyenqn94 said: I sent support ticket to help me fix this server but they slow response and can not fix this error.

As i can read from the first email..

"Since you threatened to make a dispute, and sit here and immatu..." I can see why they blocked you.

So you want a refund but make threats about a dispute.. Hopefully you end up in FraudRecord

• saibalsaibal Member

Siobhan O'Connor is planning a great escape with OP.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • DedispecDedispec Member, Provider

Looks like his service was taken offline for threatening to open a PayPal dispute and becoming abusive with our staff with name calling because they weren't reloading his service fast enough and even after they were helping him troubleshoot. Mods let me know if you need more information, I'm not going to go back and forth with this user on here after how maturely I saw he handles conversations...

Thanked by 2Foul pxhaxor

Dedispec, LLC - Affordable Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Web Hosting in West Virginia, Missouri and Nevada

• FoulFoul Member

Dedispec said: Looks like his service was taken offline for threatening to open a PayPal dispute and becoming abusive with our staff with name calling because they weren't reloading his service fast enough and even after they were helping him troubleshoot. Mods let me know if you need more information, I'm not going to go back and forth with this user on here after how maturely I saw he handles conversations...

Hopefully y'all issued a prorated refund for him to kick his childish actions off eh?

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • needavpsneedavps Member
    edited August 7

@Dedispec said:
    Looks like his service was taken offline for threatening to open a PayPal dispute and becoming abusive with our staff with name calling because they weren't reloading his service fast enough and even after they were helping him troubleshoot. Mods let me know if you need more information, I'm not going to go back and forth with this user on here after how maturely I saw he handles conversations...

what's wrong with threatning to open a paypal dispute if you are not delivering what is promised? Did you actually refund him after taking his service offline?

threatening a dispute and actually disputing is two different things. You denying him service is one thing but actually not refunding him after taking his service down? wow. Seems like a scam to me.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Provider
    edited August 7

Dedispec said: becoming abusive with our staff with name calling

needavps said: threatening a dispute and actually disputing is two different things.

he was banned for being abusive ?

HostDare - One of the cheapest and coolest providers online! :) | Our premium unmanaged vps plans | Cheap Shared Hosting

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited August 7

@hostdare said:

needavps said: threatening a dispute and actually disputing is two different things.

well what is the "name calling"? it's a he said she said. The fact is @Dedispec took down the server after it was not operating properly because of a threat to paypal dispute and "abuse(physical?)/name calling". Where's the refund? No refund? You deserve a paypal dispute.

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited August 7

I have similar issue on server with dedispec but they refunded me after a few rounds of follow up since they couldn't fix the issue on network and HDD issues for a period of time.

I don't think they have big team to entertain all requests quickly. And not all of their staff are polite either. You need to have a little patient with them with open heart if you like to continue using them for long.

Thanked by 1levnode

signature for rent - ^_^

• @hostdare said:

Every fraudulent service provider can claim the same. If they're so quick to suspend his service for a perceived slight, they should have been even faster with his refund.

• teamaccteamacc Moderator

@Dedispec said:

Title editted to more accurately reflect the situation.

Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.

• levnodelevnode Member

mrclown said: I have similar issue on server with dedispec but they refunded me after a few rounds of follow up since they couldn't fix the issue on network and HDD issues for a period of time.

I don't think they have big team to entertain all requests quickly. And not all of their staff are polite either. You need to have a little patient with them with open heart if you like to continue using them for long.

Surely what I thought about them. Their services are very good for the price, the support sometime made mistakes but overall are good and responsive.

Back to the case, looking for more evidences from the ops. I have read their ToS and found that they have the right to suspend the service without refund if they are being threaten. Whenever you got the service from them, you have to accept the ToS. If you didn't read that, it was your fault.

Many people think that Paypal dispute is a way to get the refund since they don't know how Paypal works for provider. You can't complain because you are wrong at the way you handle the case, @phamhuyenqn94.

Thanked by 2phamhuyenqn94 FHR

[https://billing.virmach.com/aff.php?aff=2040&pid=127](Virmach affiliate link. E3-1270/32G RAM/ 13IPs /2T for $49 - COUPON SAVE20 for 20% discount).

• phamhuyenqn94phamhuyenqn94 Member
    edited August 7

@mrclown said:
    I have similar issue on server with dedispec but they refunded me after a few rounds of follow up since they couldn't fix the issue on network and HDD issues for a period of time.

I am so patient while waiting them fix server, but seem as they have poor skill supporters who can not resolve this problem. My server can not using since was received (now is 7 days since order date).

I only opened Paypal dispute after they delete my server and block my account without any email confirm and information to back me.

• YuraYura Member

@levnode said:
    I have read their ToS and found that they have the right to suspend the service without refund if they are being threaten. Whenever you got the service from them, you have to accept the ToS. If you didn't read that, it was your fault.

So many people think that ToS is a magical page on provider's website that allows them to do whatever they want if only it's listed there. It's not. The most crucial part of every contract is delivering on promises: money in exchange for service. If service have not been delivered as described then refund. Have a customer been an asshole? Maybe, but that is not going to matter if you refund for undelivered service and not argue with him for 2 weeks.

• @ what the hell?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider
    edited August 7

@Yura said:

@levnode said:
    I have read their ToS and found that they have the right to suspend the service without refund if they are being threaten. Whenever you got the service from them, you have to accept the ToS. If you didn't read that, it was your fault.

So many people think that ToS is a magical page on provider's website that allows them to do whatever they want if only it's listed there. It's not. The most crucial part of every contract is delivering on promises: money in exchange for service. If service have not been delivered as described then refund. Have a customer been an asshole? Maybe, but that is not going to matter if you refund for undelivered service and not argue with him for 2 weeks.

Try to threaten stewardess on the airplane. Not only you won’t get a refund but you’ll also get a conviction. Not to mention that you won’t fly again with this and potentially any airline.

If the Customer was abusive, and he confirmed he did in-fact made threats, then all looks good - OP consider this a lesson learned and learn from it how to deal with disagreements properly.

Thanked by 2FHR theloafingone

Clouvider Leading UK Cloud Hosting solution provider || UK Dedicated Servers Sale || Tasty KVM Slices || Latest LET Offer

Web hosting in Cloud | SSD & SAS True Cloud VPS on OnApp | Private Cloud | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Managed Services

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited August 7

One of examples where the customer believe that for $25 /month he is getting whole team of technician and they will spend all their time on his server only.

phamhuyenqn94 said: it's always automatic reboot after some minutes of using. I contact support again but they can not fix this error. I can not using this server because this error.

as I can see its simple pure luck of server admin skills, it's not company issue if you don't have a clue how to manage server, unless you have purchased managed server and I doubt about it!

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Member
    edited August 7

@Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

@levnode said:

Try to threaten stewardess on the airplane. Not only you won’t get a refund but you’ll also get a conviction. Not to mention that you won’t fly again with this and potentially any airline.

If the Customer was abusive, and he confirmed he did in-fact made threats, then all looks good - OP consider this a lesson learned and learn from it how to deal with disagreements properly.

I see what you're saying with this, but directly threatening a stewardess on a plane and threatening to file a dispute are very different things. They are not direct "threats" to someone.

• YuraYura Member
    edited August 7

@iKeyZ said:

@Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

@levnode said:

I see what you're saying with this, but directly threatening a stewardess on a plane and threatening to file a dispute are very different things. They are not direct "threats" to someone.

Dom, your analogy is a real bad one. You are comparing physical violence with an argumentation of going to arbiter and have a dispute. Two very different things.

It also doesn't work because in your example passenger is not on the plane! He paid for tickets and have been denied a flight. So he is bickering back and forth with phone support. Fail.

• HostDocHostDoc Member, Provider
    edited August 7

If we are to use @clouvider analogy, then no he would not be banned from the airline, nor would he get a criminal record and would probably get a few free return tickets to travel where he wanted.

If OP ordered a flight ticket and was promised 2 meals on the flight and unlimited drinks and during the flight, the attendant could not provide the second meal and no more drinks as stock had finished, then OP would have every right to complain to the attendant and even request a part refund or threaten to take the story to the press.

The airline realising it is THEIR mistake would do what they can to either reimburse the OP or offer something to make them happy again.

Not throw them off the plane in mid flight.

And I am sorry but this is what seems to have been done in dedispecs case.

He threatened at that point and did not actually start the dispute yet. What happened to statuary rights?

He paid for a service and did not receive it so he is allowed to request a refund. If the refund is not forthcoming, he is allowed to escalate his case.

I have no idea of the name calling or otherwise that the OP may be guilty of, but we too have had unsavoury clients and without them needing to ask, we refund them as we do not want them as clients, offer them a backup of their current data and wash our hands of them.

It is much easier than going through something like this especially with just 7 days of use, just refund and call it a day.

HostDoc Hosting Ltd | Shared/Reseller Hosting | NVMe SSD | [UK][DE]

KVM VPS | Resource Pool | [UK][FR][FI][CA][DE]

• levnodelevnode Member

@Yura said:

@levnode said:

You have the point. However, looking at the time the ticket was submitted, I see that he didn’t wait for more than 6 hours from requesting the refund to be processed before firing/threating of firing a dispute. Maybe the timezone made @dedispec cannot provide the refund immediately. Ops, please expand your gmail message for more detail information.

Thanked by 1Yura

[https://billing.virmach.com/aff.php?aff=2040&pid=127](Virmach affiliate link. E3-1270/32G RAM/ 13IPs /2T for $49 - COUPON SAVE20 for 20% discount).

• levnode said: You have the point. However, looking at the time the ticket was submitted, I see that he didn’t wait for more than 6 hours from requesting the refund to be processed before firing/threating of firing a dispute. Maybe the timezone made @dedispec cannot provide the refund immediately. Ops, please expand your gmail message for more detail information.

They do not reply my refund ticket. They delete my server and block my account without any email confirm and information to back me. If they want to refund me, they don't need block my account or at least send me a notification.

• Clouvider said: Try to threaten stewardess on the airplane. Not only you won’t get a refund but you’ll also get a conviction. Not to mention that you won’t fly again with this and potentially any airline.

Never compare a dedicated server with airplane. A airplane do not auto reboot while using.

• teamaccteamacc Moderator

@phamhuyenqn94 did you or did you not open a paypal dispute?

Yo mama so fat each of her butt-cheeks has its own /8.

edited August 7

@teamacc said:
    @phamhuyenqn94 did you or did you not open a paypal dispute?

Yes. I opened paypal dispute after they block my account.

• deankdeank Member

Ban OP.

Thanked by 2levnode WebProject

LET has IPv6 enabled. This is a clear sign of the end coming near.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited August 7

phamhuyenqn94 said: Yes. I opened paypal dispute after they block my account.

So why don't show all the conversation?

edited August 7

@levnode said:

phamhuyenqn94 said: Yes. I opened paypal dispute after they block my account.

So why don't show all the conversation?

That's emails notify about reply in ticket, not contain conversation. I can not login to them website to show conversation in here because my account was be blocked.

• levnodelevnode Member

phamhuyenqn94 said: That's emails notify about reply in ticket, not contain conversation. I can not login to them website to show conversation in here because my account was be blocked.

It always shows the responses in the email.

• @levnode said:

phamhuyenqn94 said: That's emails notify about reply in ticket, not contain conversation. I can not login to them website to show conversation in here because my account was be blocked.

It always shows the responses in the email.

That's not conversation. It's not contain your message.

• levnodelevnode Member

phamhuyenqn94 said: That's not conversation. It's not contain your message.

I'm pretty sure that everyone here can infer what you said from their response. Or @dedispec can post the entire ticket.

• @levnode said:

I'm pretty sure that everyone here can infer what you said from their response. Or @dedispec can post the entire ticket.

Sure! I hope can login then show all conversation in here.

• deankdeank Member

Don't expect to be able to log in.

Not after what you've done.

• SavaSava Member

@deank said:

?

edited August 7

@deank said:

What do you do in this situation?

I'm wrong when open paypal dispute after they block my account? They setup for me a trash server what i can not using. They can not fix this error. I open ticket for refund they don't answer and block my account.

• deankdeank Member

What would I have done?

Diplomacy instead of rash actions of pulling the last trigger.

What a tool.

Thanked by 3pxhaxor FHR Wolveix

• imokimok Member

To be fair, I would consider the account closed as a declaration of war.

Janitor @ Netflix

• @deank said:

I doubt whether OP would like to have any business relationship with dedispec after this drama: dedispec should give OP a refund and everyone moves on.

Also, should dedispec provided OP a refund when dedispec lost their patience they would have avoided this chargeback.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • DanSummerDanSummer Member
    edited August 7

@Clouvider said:

@Yura said:

@levnode said:

not even close. He wanted them to provide the service he paid for (according to him), but they decided instead to ignore him, then, deactivated his account.

• deankdeank Member

I blame Trump for this.

He pulls last triggers like a teenage kid jerking off and people are learning from him.

• levnodelevnode Member

@phamhuyenqn94 said:

@levnode said:

Sure! I hope can login then show all conversation in here.

Do you really understand my post?

• WebProjectWebProject Member, Provider
    edited August 7

deank said: What would I have done?
    Diplomacy instead of rash actions of pulling the last trigger.

some people don't have patient for three reasons:
    1) used someone else payment card and need to act as quick as possible before anyone notice;

2) no admin skills to run the server and trying to milk the company to do extra mile for no reason, we had such customer, better off to let them go - as they are time wasters!

3) any of other excuses.

VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN-HVM VPS Plans
    Are you looking for best price for self-managed VPS? See WebProVPS website for more details.
  • Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited August 7

@phamhuyenqn94 said:
    @ what the hell?

I think the reason as to why the support takes a while to respond is due to the likelihood of that this company is primarily a reseller of dedicated servers from Nocix/WholesaleInternet. The packages on their website are next to identical to the offerings on above mentioned provider and this would explain things.

This is sort of like what Oneprovider does and as everyone know, that often affects the time to fix things for the end-customer as they just forward the requests to the actual provider. This means that actual problems can take days to resolve at worst.

Edit: Yep, their IP for test file is assigned to Nocix:

[email protected]:~$ whois 198.204.225.10 | grep Tech

OrgTechHandle: IPADM563-ARIN

OrgTechName: IP Admin

OrgTechPhone: +1-816-389-5200

OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/IPADM563-ARIN

Thanked by 2hanoi yongsiklee
  • msg7086msg7086 Member

I believe a dispute will not just lead to a refund, but also put a fine and some fees on the seller. If you ever threaten to open a dispute, that effectively equals to threaten the seller that you want them to lose more money than they earned from you. If you open a dispute of $20 the seller may have to pay $30 for it including the fines and fees. At least that's what I've heard about credit card chargebacks. No seller would be happy to see those words in a ticket.

• deankdeank Member

It's like filing for a divorce - and then - trying to work things out with your wife.

It just doesn't work that way. One should try to work things out before filing for a divorce.

• YuraYura Member
    edited August 7

@msg7086 said:
    I believe a dispute will not just lead to a refund, but also put a fine and some fees on the seller. If you ever threaten to open a dispute, that effectively equals to threaten the seller that you want them to lose more money than they earned from you. If you open a dispute of $20 the seller may have to pay $30 for it including the fines and fees. At least that's what I've heard about credit card chargebacks. No seller would be happy to see those words in a ticket.

Yes, most online shoppers don't know implications of certain actions on the merchant end. There is a lot of confusion, misunderstanding and even hostility, as evident in such threads.

PayPal dispute, PayPal claim and CC chargeback are related but different things. This is important to keep in mind.

CC chargeback is the most serious course of action taken by a buyer. Buyer files a chargeback to the bank who issued their card, bank asks for supporting documents and evidence from buyer. Then there are many steps in this procedure involving banks of buyer and seller, Visa/Mastercard, etc... And so this procedure incurs a fee paid by seller if he won't prove chargeback to be fraudulent. Complicated and tedious stuff.

If purchase have been made with involvement of a middleman (PayPal) then buyer usually opens a dispute with PayPal. Dispute initially, not a claim. Dispute by itself doesn't incur any fees and serves as a chance to communicate in a trusted environment. If both sides come to a mutually satisfactory decision (make a refund, partial refund, or simply close dispute) then all is good. Seller can simply refund money and basically loses PayPal processing fees of few percents, generally. Which would happen in case of a refund without dispute anyways.

If dispute is escalated to claim then decision to refund money or not is made by PayPal anf they will look at evidence provided by both sides. One of the negatives to seller in this case (if seller will be found at fault), PayPal will be not happy about that and can apply sanctions to seller with high percentage of lost claims.

So, if you bought something from Etsy, Amazon marketplace or a hosting company and have problems with your purchase - communicate with your seller! Ask them questions in a polite and respectful manner, report problems and wait a couple of days for replies, especially over weekends and holidays. If communication is absent or unsuccessful then you have absolute write to escalate to the marketplace or paying system. If all else fails, to your bank via chargeback.

Providers who spread idea that suggestion of opening a dispute is a horrible and despicable thing to do are usually the same who use ToS to enforce all kinds of rules on buyer but refuse any responsibility. Dispute is unpleasant, claim is avoidable and can be won by the side who is in the right. So just refund a buyer if you don't want them as a customer. Not replying or just avoiding solving a real problem for weeks (I'm speaking in general, not this case) is a completely valid reason to open a dispute.

And please be polite and kind with stewardesses and all service workers, being polite goes a long way in life. If you are not on a tech forum.

• saibalsaibal Member

deank said: One should try to work things out before filing for a divorce.

Unless you want to lose the Porsche to her.