Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server crashed after reboot in SYS, what to do?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server crashed after reboot in SYS, what to do?

desfiredesfire Member
edited August 2018 in Help

Hi,

Sorry, I rebooted my cPanel server at SYS and it is not responding, tried to reboot through their interface and did not work, as I was unabled to do it through their panel a got an e-mail saying they were looking into the issue, I got an e-mail with this:

Monitoring disabled
Date 2018-08-05 18:30:33 EDT (UTC -04:00), julien A made Monitoring disabled:
A targeted policy relabel is required.

https://preview.ibb.co/kdgioz/screens.png

Server is running the operation. Disabling the monitoring.

They closed it 3 minutes later so.. I am on my own, I literally do not know what do, what could I do? Please, I need help

Comments

• FoulFoul Member

Sounds like selinux got corrupted.

• @Foul said:
    Sounds like selinux got corrupted.

What can I do to fix it? willing to pay if someone helps me

• FoulFoul Member

desfire said: What can I do to fix it? willing to pay if someone helps me

Just let it keep running, also i'd edit that screenshot url.. it has your server hostname/rdns ip in it.. Upload to imgur or something.

• @Foul said:

desfire said: What can I do to fix it? willing to pay if someone helps me

Just let it keep running, also i'd edit that screenshot url.. it has your server hostname/rdns ip in it.. Upload to imgur or something.

I think it has already ended? they shut down the support ticket and request..

• Is SElinux disabled?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

Throw into the rescue and fix it. Mount the disk and fix the error or just reinstall the server and from the zero point set up.

You can still buy KVM access for 25 euros for 1 day and configure through it to correct the error. I bought IPMI for SYS servers. It's like this: https://abcvg.ovh/blog/soyoustart/78.html

But if you feel sorry for throwing out 25 euros, it's easier even to reinstall the OS and configure it from scratch.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Let it run, give it time. It's going to recover itself.
    Do NOT reboot it

• desfiredesfire Member
    edited August 2018

@FHR said:
    Do NOT reboot it

I accidentally rebooted it as it was necessary to go out of rescue mode, however, it restarted well and server went up. Could there be anything wrong for rebooting it before it finished?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2018

Yes, it could corrupt your file system. But if it started ok, just do some checks to validate the integrity of your disk, file system, selinux etc. If it is OK, then, move on. And if there is anything useful in your server, don't forget: always have backups!

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Don't listen to him. Backing up is for girls. Real men don't keep backups.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:
    Don't listen to him. Backing up is for girls. Real men don't keep backups.

haha, the best recommendation!! What the point to have backups? use RAID instead as the RAID does better job, some providers do store your backups on the same node/server anyway.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2018

If your girlfriend finds out that you make backups, she's going to snort at you and leave.

Life advice only @ LET.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@desfire said:

@FHR said:
    Do NOT reboot it

I accidentally rebooted it as it was necessary to go out of rescue mode, however, it restarted well and server went up. Could there be anything wrong for rebooting it before it finished?

The files are going to be intact. SELinux labels could be messed up, but if it started OK and all your programs are running fine, you probably don't need to worry.

Anyway, in case something's broken, you can always do another relabel.

• It's a common situation with SYS, you can enable to monitoring and wait for a technician intervent.