Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Master or Alpha Reseller providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Master or Alpha Reseller providers

DanielNUDanielNU Member, Host Rep
edited August 2018 in Requests

Hello there,

I know Master or Alpha Reseller hosting is not very popular due to the issues with both the providers and the modules they usually use.

That being said, I wonder if there are any good ones out there.

So I'm looking for preferably alpha reseller providers with the following:

-Trustworthy

-Has been on the market for a while

-Has a working module for provisioning the sub-accounts and it's actually not a pain to use

-Works with WHMCS

-Actually has a reasonable policy for abuse (as you lose control and oversight fairly quickly in these reseller schemes)

Location, Price and the rest doesn't matter at this time.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Comments

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

working module, no pain, alpha reseller policy for abuse, and location/price doesn't matter ?

Sounds like you should get your own dedi and host the master reseller script yourself !

• YuraYura Member

See my signature. A++++++

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I would advise getting a managed VPS with cPanel.

Thanked by 2Clouvider HostBastic
  • DanielNUDanielNU Member, Host Rep

Yeah, I guess those are all true above. I would still like to know if there are any Alpha Reseller providers. To have options.
    That being said, if someone knows a good managed VPS provider especially for this purpose don't hold back.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited August 2018

So I am curious now, if price is not an issue, why not just get your own dedi and set the the service yourself?

• MisterHost

@huntercop said:
    So I am curious now, if price is not an issue, why not just get your own dedi and set the the service yourself?

The reason is that you also have to maintain the plugin that even makes it possible to sell master reseller packages. Most of them don't work that well and often need additional work just to get them in a working state.
    Also, using another provider I wouldn't have to deal with abuse reports all by myself.
    There are a few other reasons as well, but I would still like to collect some providers.

MisterHost kicks you out after two abuse reports within a single month. Since they seem to be an OVH reseller (correct me if I'm wrong) they are not abuse tolerant.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If you are expecting that many abuse, then it's better to set everything up by yourself and deal complaints on your own.

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

We recently stopped selling Master and Alpha plans through our website, we only sell it to known clients. I couldn't see it working well in the long run due to the plugins used and complexity of privileges.

I would highly recommend just getting a small VPS and cPanel license - you can get a really solid server for <$30.

• Hi.

We have an offer whereby after your first purchase of a reseller plan (RSB range or RS range), you can then resell any other plan within that range at 50% off regular prices.

The draw back is there is no way to automate sales from your WHMCS so will have to be set up manually. You will still have the ability to allow access to WHM via your WHMCS installation, but as mentioned, this too will have to be manually set up.

You will be given a special code entitling you to 50% off all packages in your range which you will manually have to purchase before being able to provision to your clients.

If interested and for more information, please contact our live chat or leave a ticket.

You can view our plans here.

Thanks for the input so far.
    If anyone knows a provider let me know.

• @DanielNU said:

Requirements?

• @DanielNU said:

Search google for "master reseller hosting", choose top 10 to 15 from there and then compare their alexa rank, will help you to understand their popularity. Then contact their support and check the response time. There you go.

• and sorry for bumping another thread. but how does this guy have provider tag when he does not even provide something, when all he asked was requests?

edited August 2018

Because, you know, the end is nigh.

To be a little more serious, master alpha male reseller hosting plans are for what we used to call "kiddie hosts" before it is replaced with "summerhost". This was before VPS was widely spread.

Set it up (10 min max), sell quickly in bulk for dirt cheap, fold & run.

• @deank said:
    Because, you know, the end is nigh.

To be a little more serious, master alpha male reseller hosting plans are for what we used to call "kiddie hosts" before it is replaced with "summerhost". This was before VPS was widely spread.

Set it up (10 min max), sell quickly in bulk for dirt cheap, fold & run.

yeah, his provider tag. how did he get it?

I would be the wrong person to inquire, wouldn't it?

I am just a troll, not a mod or an admin.

edited August 2018

@creep said:
    and sorry for bumping another thread. but how does this guy have provider tag when he does not even provide something, when all he asked was requests?

Kind of rude honestly, since you don't know anything about my circumstances. I used to provide, or rather I was going to.
    The provider tag can be taken away if necessary. If it will be relevant again I would make a request for it.
    I guess the reason I still have it is a good faith gesture. (from the mods)

• @creep said:
    and sorry for bumping another thread. but how does this guy have provider tag when he does not even provide something, when all he asked was requests?

You don't get provider tag because you post an offer. You can post an offer because you got provider tag.

This discussion has been closed.