Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

India Dedicated Core: Anyone tried Xinix?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

India Dedicated Core: Anyone tried Xinix?

elos42elos42 Member

Hi, i am considering buying Xinix dedicated core.

Their sales and customer care team seem to be offline, so I'm not able to get any info about location, test IP etc.

Has anyone here tried it, and Xinix in general? Are they good?

Comments

• They also have cloud servers, which are considerably cheaper than the dedicated core thing. Not sure if it's India-hosted or not.

• Dedicated core is something i never expect in India. But for compute optimized workloads in India go with DO CPU Optimized Droplets.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

What are you looking to host ?

• send email to there sales department.
    most of the sale team work between monday-friday.
    i hope they respond you on monday.

• elos42elos42 Member
    edited August 2018

Need an Asia-domiciled network. Hence DO ruled out. I did manage to reach Xinix. They said dedicated is not launched in India. Would I consider US? So that's that.

They have 'non dedicated' KVM in Pune, Chennai and Bangalore (can't use Delhi for my purpose either). Not sure how good the CPU is. Don't want to have yet another unused VPS hanging around. (I have 7-8 already). Actually, I can easily make do with a E5 2670 or higher, but not in an oversold situation. 2-3 gigs of RAM. 200 GB of data. But CPUs so oversold it's difficult to predict what you'll get.

The only provider I was able to find so far is expertVM. But their IOPS sometimes dropped to double digits during my time with them. Most of the big guys like DO, Linode etc extend their foreign networks to their Asia ops (which screws up the networking for my product.) So I need a 'homegrown' Asian player, preferably in India. If not, then Singapore.

• Don't buy any vps/hosting/dedicated servers from providers in India. According to published reports it was more than 100 times in 2017-18 the Internet access in various parts of the country was entirely shut-down due to avoid further public violence. This included the Internet traffic from and to Indian data centers (optic-fiber lines).

If anyone wants the nearest location to India which are free from Internet shut-down can try Hong Kong or Singapore locations. Bandwidth-wise its cheaper too. (But not cheaper than U.S.)

Another important thing is the Internet speed in India is terribly low for both their optic-fiber and 4G or broadband net as compared to its nearest locations including Singapore / Malaysia, etc.

@elos42 you better get some player from Singapore. There are bunch of LEB companies there.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Sofia_K said:
    According to published reports it was more than 100 times in 2017-18 the Internet access in various parts of the country was entirely shut-down due to avoid further public violence. This included the Internet traffic from and to Indian data centers (optic-fiber lines).

As far as I know, this was only for residential internet of some specific areas (not even a town/city) and not the whole internet was blocked only specific websites/app services (Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.)
    Please paste the article link as this seems to be interesting.

Another important thing is the Internet speed in India is terribly low for both their optic-fiber and 4G or broadband net as compared to its nearest locations including Singapore / Malaysia, etc.

Which providers did you test to come to this conclusion?
    Although the 4G speeds are terrible as we are paying peanuts for 1.4GB/day of 4G data thus increasing the congestion perhaps.

Just 3 years back I remember paying a good amount for 1GB 4G data for a whole month (yes!) and the speed was superb. Now it has deteriorated.