Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magento 2 Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Magento 2 Hosting

Hi All,

I am looking for M2 hosting. It is going to be a new site and will get approx 10K visits or less a day. But the site will be having a plugins which are more complex and may need more resource. I have tried linode 32gb plan too, but still the site didnt perform well as I believe server optimisation needed.

So can you please suggest which hosting I can go with who have plans for magento 2 websites by optimizing the server.

Comments

• Any indication regarding your budget?

• Budget doesn't matter. But it should not be over priced.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2018

You're going from the wrong angle, that's why you're not satisfied with the results. First conversation should be can you ditch Magento and use a hosted platform like Shopify or some alternative to it.

If you have to stick with Magento, you need to dump everything unnecessary in the database, turn off the logging, static cache the hell out of it, and optimize the templates and products per page.

Magento is always the problem. That a 32gb linode box couldn't perform as desired is enough evidence that I'd place a large bet on it.

• @imgmoney said:
    Budget doesn't matter. But it should not be over priced.

Well you contradicted yourself

But no amount of hardware will make the magento 2 faster in the long run. Have a discussion with your developer, system admin and see where the bottle neck is. Is it the DB or Webserver (Look into PHP too)

Then after get a dedicated server with good processor and NVMe based storage. Setup everything there. If not go with multiple instances as that would also work a NVMe storage instance for DB and web server will also may serve you better, but any way you what go talk with your developer, system admin.

Then site will be faster and you will have a better understanding about your site when you want to scale.

• Location? Budget?

Regardeless of the server you get, I suggest you getting LiteSpeed Web Server + LiteMage Cache Plugin

https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/cache-plugins/magento-acceleration

• As @Jar mentioned, Magento should be the culprit here. What I'd suggest you do is to hire a firm with a solid Magento background. Ask them to optimise your Magento instance.

I've only done 1-2 Magento help to friends of mine and both the time, offloading DB to a separate server fixed issue as it seemed like Magento was hammering the node. Also, static caching with a nginx instance before reaching Magento was a life saver.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

sdglhm said: Ask them to optimise your Magento instance

Frankly, truncating the log tables and disabling logging has a high success rate. Especially if this installation ran fast and slowly began increasing in load times over the course of several months.

Anything that logs traffic in MySQL and compares traffic against those MySQL tables is flawed by design, and made worse by spiders.

• It is going to be a difficult task for me to check DB, Server and optimise it. If there is some expert who can show results, please do let me know and also please let me know if you know someone whom I can hire.