Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling Generous... Giving away 10x 512MB VPS's to help YOU & YOUR Project!! [OVZ/KVM]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feeling Generous... Giving away 10x 512MB VPS's to help YOU & YOUR Project!! [OVZ/KVM]

ReeceReece Member
edited October 2013 in General

Hi Guys/Girls!

Additional VPS's have been added! Thanks to @AlexanderM for contributing an additional 5x KVM VPS's in Atlanta

We're feeling a little generous today so I thought why not give a hand to those who can't afford to spend those extra pennies on a VPS? Well here we are offering LowEndTalk users a chance to win 1 of 5 VPS's from Dedicated Minds based in Clifton, New Jersey!

What do you get?

-  2 CPU Cores @ 2.4Ghz (Fair share)
-  30GB Storage
-  512MB RAM Gauranteed!
-  1GB vSwap Included
-  500GB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
-  1 IPv4

This VPS will be free for 3 months!

So what's the catch?

We have got lots of room and plenty of love to share with everyone, we've had a successful couple of months now so were wanting to give a little extra love back to the community!

Requirements:

1) You must of been registered for over 2 months @ LET

2) You must state the project you wish to use the VPS for and to give us a general idea of it what will be happening.

3) 1 VPS per person

A little change, we will accept all reasonable projects, something thats creative is the way to go. The 5 selected will get the VPS free for 3 months however we may continue for longer depending on your project needs.

1. Black

Nice & Simple!

Enjoy.

Thanked by 2jcaleb black

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

Hot Stuff Baby;)

• blackblack Member
    edited October 2013

This is relevant to my interests. The current project I'm working on and need LEBs (128MB of ram is plenty but I need as much bandwidth as you can provide) is my download and upload speedtest script that's coded in bash. People usually get a false sense of their VPS network speeds when they only look at the download to their server, but in my opinion, upload speed are more important or at least as equally important since a server is supposed to serve content.

Everything is done in bash and requires curl (for downloading & uploading) and bc ( for bandwidth calculations to 2 decimal places). It's in my signature if you want to see the thread and discussion.

Of course, if you do decide to give me a VM container, I'll gladly add your website to the script.

• @AlexanderM thanks ;)

@Black
    Sounds good. I have added you to the list. Any specific number from 1 to 15 you'd like to select? :)

• @Reece no preference on the number :)

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

A little change: We are going to be looking at all projects that would like to be given a free VPS. the limit is 5 still (For now) to see how things goes.

Get cracking guys, as said before we have plenty of love and plenty of resources to share around :)

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

For those who would like a KVM based VPS instead located in Atlanta @AlexanderM from HostUS will be providing an additional 5 VPS's to fill those slots. A very big thank's to you Alex for your contribution! :)

Same rules apply, you must have a valid and legitimate project in mind.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited October 2013

Hey! I've been registered for more than 2 months on LET and I've been lurking in the community for a long time.

As stated on LES forums, I'm starting a new project called Torn (http://torn.pw) that aims to allow people in censored countries to blog and share content.

You can, of course, view a full spec and aim by clicking the "More Information" link on the website. http://torn.pw

I would like to use this VPS as a IPv4 route to the project. KVM preferred :)

Thanks for considering my idea!

• @Reece Thanks for replying to my thread. I would be interested in one of these. Bandwidth usage would be minimal, probably under 100Gb a month and RAM only needs to be around 256Mb, I also wouldn't use much storage (less than 10Gb).

I would love one of these if I could have it till June next year. I'll put you in the footer of the site until then as well. It would be mainly for testing my server setup script: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12419/simple-server-setup-0-2-beta-wip-debian-6-32bit-64bit-debian-7-32bit-nginx-php-perconadb#latest

• @Black @Salmon

I have sent you both a PM :)

I have 3 more VPS's left to give away so who'd like them?? No catch, no reviews just simply a free VPS :)

@CastleServers if you want KVM then please wait for Alex he'll be providing those.

• @Reece said:
    Black Salmon

I have sent you both a PM :)

I have 3 more VPS's left to give away so who'd like them?? No catch, no reviews just simply a free VPS :)

CastleServers if you want KVM then please wait for Alex he'll be providing those.

I can deal with OVZ right now :)

Any chance I could switch to KVM after it is available?

Thanks!

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

@CastleServers said:
    Thanks!

Sadly not, KVM's are strictly via Alex if you hold up a little bit I'm sure he will be here to help. Swapping half way through defeats the point of this I'm afraid.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited October 2013

@Reece said:

Any quote on time? I have to start this extremely soon (it's a 1 month startup project).

Otherwise I will be fine with OVZ! :)

(only reason I said KVM in the first place is because IMHO it's better than OVZ)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@CastleServers @Reece For the 5 Free KVM's you can PM reece and if he approves i will PM you.

Thanked by 1black
  • I could use it for my Geekping project (Opensource): http://pinger.droidzone.in/ I'm planning to expand it to add DNS management too.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited October 2013

I have some openvz 128mb for donate, but without panel, sorry.

ipv4 and ipv6, if someone interested PM me. =D

256 MB Burst RAM
    10GB RAID 10 Disk
    1 E5-2620 2Ghz CPU
    500 GB Bandwidth

• I'd like one for my, "Will Dedicated Minds Still Be in Business and In New Jersey Three Months from Now" Project.

Seriously.

• what?

xD

come on, get it, are free!

mine are on dallas, chicago, los angeles and miami, maybe 5-6 months free and then who knows, let see for what you use it.

• Very interested in one on the west coast.

I am looking to separate my nzb indexer and the web interface onto separate vps. At the moment, when more than a few friends browse the site, the box runs out of ram and stops the biggest memory hogger, the actual indexing.

Like your Work here BTW.

Cheers

• Very interested in one on the west coast.

I am looking to separate my nzb indexer and the web interface onto separate vps. At the moment, when more than a few friends browse the site, the box runs out of ram and stops the biggest memory hogger, the actual indexing.

Like your Work here BTW.

Cheers

• @Reece said:

Have PM'ed you, please forward to @AlexanderM :)

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

@sleddog said:
    I'd like one for my, "Will Dedicated Minds Still Be in Business and In New Jersey Three Months from Now" Project.

Seriously.

If you don't have anything constructive to say please don't bother saying it.

We've been a legal entity within England & Wales since May 2013, that there shows more than 3 months in business. Yes yes you may be trolling us due to moving outside of NYC, but it was for the best, do you personally know what issues we faced? No you don't, neither do you know our plans which are set to go into action within the next week.

I'll be going over the project VPS's shortly I am a bit tied up at the moment.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

there was a thread asking for a free vps for a college or a community project.

may be you should help that guy.

i am unable to get the link, may somebody post the thread link

• @Reece said:
    If you don't have anything constructive to say please don't bother saying it.

You're right. I apologize.