Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions about bandwagon host.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Some questions about bandwagon host.

I have a client in China who needs shadowsocks. I recommended bandwagon as I have used them before and they were rock solid. And the LA location has nice china route as far as I have heard.

But the client couldn't sign up to bandwagon, which led me to suggest crowncloud. And it was a mess from then on. Then amount of hand holding I'm having to deal with this client, couple that up with how buggy,useless the crownpanel or whatever is. Also they advertised a psychz ip and LA datacenter, yet placed the server in colocrosssing. Anyways, my head is about to bust.

I fucking want a vps in the china telecom idc of bandwagon and get this over with. My question is this https://www.bwh1.net/ a legit bandwagon mirror? the client gave it to me. But I can't be sure. And does anyone have a test ip on the CT IDC ?

tl;dr Is this https://www.bwh1.net/ legit? Gimme an Ip on the CT IDC offer.

Comments

• @dcc Can you confirm?

• FoulFoul Member

chinmoy said: I fucking want a vps in the china telecom

Very demanding.

No where on their site do i see anything about a China telecom location.

• chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited August 2018

Really? Maybe I'm tripping and my mind is making up this piece of text on their website "Location: Los Angeles, China Telecom IDC"
    Thanks for your input, btw.

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

I confirm bwh1.net is legit :)

• @dcc said:

What's it for?

• hzrhzr Member

chinmoy said: Really? Maybe I'm tripping and my mind is making up this piece of text on their website "Location: Los Angeles, China Telecom IDC" Thanks for your input, btw.

?

• @hzr said:

chinmoy said: Really? Maybe I'm tripping and my mind is making up this piece of text on their website "Location: Los Angeles, China Telecom IDC" Thanks for your input, btw.

?

Your point being?

• @chinmoy said:

@hzr said:

?

Your point being?

i don't see it anywhere or mentioned in order page. gift us a link and img :D

• chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited August 2018

@dcc said:

Thanks for the confirmation @dcc . could you also confirm the existence of certain text on your website, over which some people are really confused.

• chinmoychinmoy Member
    edited August 2018

edit: removed image. Not needed. Find the text yourself, if you are so inclined :) Easier would be get your satisfaction, that you are right, and I'm indeed wrong and there is no such text :)

edited August 2018

@hzr try removing www

@Ishaq just an additional domain name pointing to the same website, as main domain is not accessible in China.

• @dcc Can I have a test Ip like I said in the OP?

@chinmoy we no longer provide test IPs for CT IDC, but feel free to order a VPS then request full refund.

• @dcc said:
    @chinmoy we no longer provide test IPs for CT IDC, but feel free to order a VPS then request full refund.

how did somebody's client who couldn't sign up to bandwagon find this "special" vps that is not show in the regular site?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Dark web or Deep web.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

chinmoy said: Also they advertised a psychz ip and LA datacenter, yet placed the server in colocrosssing.

We do not have any service at colocrossing. You probably meant Quadranet. We can move your VPS for free to our Psychz setup as well. We have both available as some clients prefer the Quadranet network while some prefer the Psychz network.

• FoulFoul Member

I went through the ordering process and don't see china telecom in the location dropdown.

And the plot thickens....

• @needavps said:

how did somebody's client who couldn't sign up to bandwagon find this "special" vps that is not show in the regular site?

Maybe I found It? Or maybe supreme leader Kim texted me the secret link? Because Bandwagon created this super special offer just for him. Feel free to figure out which one it is.
    But I fail to see why it's important or even relevant.

• @SpeedBus said:

chinmoy said: Also they advertised a psychz ip and LA datacenter, yet placed the server in colocrosssing.

We do not have any service at colocrossing. You probably meant Quadranet. We can move your VPS for free to our Psychz setup as well. We have both available as some clients prefer the Quadranet network while some prefer the Psychz network.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it could have been Qudranet as it was not in Psychz. My mistake.

There were other issues as well. SSH key could not be added form the frontend, the button was unresponsive. Although, support was quick to add the key to the account, but you shouldn't be needing support for that at the first place. After that, OS reinstall using the key,but I was still being prompted for passwords. Did that with both ubuntu and debian and same thing happened :)
    It wasn't a smooth experience trying to use your services sadly.

• @chinmoy said:

@SpeedBus said:

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it could have been Qudranet as it was not in Psychz. My mistake.

There were other issues as well. SSH key could not be added form the frontend, the button was unresponsive. Although, support was quick to add the key to the account, but you shouldn't be needing support for that at the first place. After that, OS reinstall using the key,but I was still being prompted for passwords. Did that with both ubuntu and debian and same thing happened :)

So SSH key is now an issue that is a providers fault? Really?

Could you not just add your key manually? Would not take up to 30 seconds to create file, insert key and chmod.
    And SSH config is also a providers fault? Whether or not the key is added before OS installation, you would still need to revoke the password yourself, no provider will do that for you.

I deem your other issues invalid. Sorry.

The doctor has spoken.

• @HostDoc said:

@chinmoy said:

@SpeedBus said:

Hey,

So SSH key is now an issue that is a providers fault? Really?

Could you not just add your key manually? Would not take up to 30 seconds to create file, insert key and chmod.
    And SSH config is also a providers fault? Whether or not the key is added before OS installation, you would still need to revoke the password yourself, no provider will do that for you.

I deem your other issues invalid. Sorry.

I would have if I could log into the server. As I said, too much hand-holding for the client. At that moment, I just managed to get them convert the private key to .ppk for putty.

And yes, I do expect not to be prompted for passwords after creating/reinstalling with ssh. It could be possible that I've been relying on Digitalocean for far too long and forgot what to expect.

In any case, I wasn't calling out any faults on them. Just merely responding to the respective company's reply and letting them know how my time with them went. You can chill, doc.