Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFP Hosting Monitor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NFP Hosting Monitor

I know there have been plenty of threads around here with poor reviews but instead of another story I'm going to post my hetrixtools uptime monitor to this and let it speak for itself. This is a shared hosting rig that is up for renewal sometime next year so I will leave this up until then. They advertise a 99.99% uptime guarantee.

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/35b68bb12cc5c284a8d99aa8c360177c/

If this isn't allowed please take it down.

Comments

• Haha that's my experience too. I removed the shit ones from my hetrix tools to make room for good ones :)

• I brought reseller hosting for testing.. but server is too poor.... CPU overused, very slow I/O speed. Network uptime is not more than 80%. Ping is what you don't want.

Lastly for $5/year reseller hosting... Its only for joke....

• Still much better than either Woothosting or Alpharacks.

• dunno anything about nfp hosting or hentrixtools but boy am I lucky checking this thread.
    Let's deviate this thread to what are some other 1 minute frequency free site uptime monitors? Seem it's a good time to outsource.

• I would pay Professional plan if it was $5 month. Only 20 monitors for $10 isn't cheap.

• Isn't it commonly known that nfp alpharacks clouvider woot hostmybytes hostbrz supremevps and Bigfoot are all the same person?

• P91735P91735 Member
    edited August 2018

@dahartigan
    I don't think clouvider is. There services actually work and work really well.
    @clouvider

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • dahartigan said: Isn't it commonly known that nfp alpharacks clouvider woot hostmybytes hostbrz supremevps and Bigfoot are all the same person?

No, it isn't. How do you conclude that all those providers are the same person? Yes, some of them do have poor services, but some others like Clouvider are excellent. NFP hosting, Alpharacks and HostMyBytes are having for sure different owners. Don't speculate without knowing...

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2018

caniac22 said: I know there have been plenty of threads around here with poor reviews but instead of another story I'm going to post my hetrixtools uptime monitor to this and let it speak for itself. This is a shared hosting rig that is up for renewal sometime next year so I will leave this up until then. They advertise a 99.99% uptime guarantee.

OK, this is a false advertising. Uptime guarantee of 99,99% is something that clearly is difficult to achieve such cheap service. But, on the other hand, on most months as I see in your metrics, they have from 99,7 to 99,85% uptime, something that isn't bad at all, especially if you consider the price of the service.
    Also, are you sure that those 1-2 minute blips aren't really downtime but hiccups like loads, cdn, unresponsible CMS or other case?

And the critical point:

Have you opened a ticket with them? Did you inform them about the downtime of July? Did they reply to you? If yes, what is their answer?
    They say that they offer prorated refund for any downtime other than 0,01% they advertise. This is an SLA and even more, they claim that "we will issue this credit immediately, no questions asked!". Wouldn't you think that this is more appropriate than just bash them publicly for hickups on their dirty cheap service?

IMHO, services like NFP Shared Hosting is great for certain purposes. Some examples?

• Creating sub accounts to test some new website before upload it to the production server.
    • Create a mirror website to have something to become live instantly until you fix the main server and/or restore any damage from backup.
    • Use it to install secondary services or scripts for not critical things, like a nextcloud installation for sharing files, a personal calendar for organizing things e.g.
    • Create ftp accounts for non critical purposes.
    • Create not critical websites like a personal blog, a not crowded wiki, a static website with minimal traffic etc.
    • Us it as script, code and CMS tester.
    • Use it as one of your cpanel accounts backups, without having to pay for your own cpanel license just for a secondary backup

There are tons of usages for a service like this, if you don't need a super fast server or don't mind for some 1-3 minute hiccups per month.

You give something like 15$ per year (aka $1.2 per month) for hundreds of GB space of a reseller account with unlimited client accounts and access to WHMCS. If your expectations stay grounded, according with what you bought, then, services like NFP could be very useful for peanuts.

Thanked by 2dahartigan DaveKoz
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

@dahartigan said:
    Isn't it commonly known that nfp alpharacks clouvider woot hostmybytes hostbrz supremevps and Bigfoot are all the same person?

Kid, you need to seek professional help for your paranoia.

• @Clouvider said:

@dahartigan said:
    Isn't it commonly known that nfp alpharacks clouvider woot hostmybytes hostbrz supremevps and Bigfoot are all the same person?

Kid, you need to seek professional help for your paranoia.

Old man, relax. It was ackchuyally a joke.

• I'm using my NFP hosting account as a quality monitor of my Hetrixtools account. As long as my email is filled with Hetrixtools announcements of NFP downtime I know the Hetrixtools uptime monitor is working.

Thanked by 1wtfcook
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited August 2018

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/e7c3ac80c57967f22af64bfe08db82e0/

You should change the "Timeout limit" to 10 sec.

5 sec "Timeout limit" probably hiccups.

• @Chuck said:

That looks like a VPS. I believe old mate was talking about cpanel hosting which is up and down like a two bob hooker.

• @dahartigan said:

@Chuck said:

That looks like a VPS. I believe old mate was talking about cpanel hosting which is up and down like a two bob hooker.

Google results for two bob hooker:

http://calvarybaptistofmemphis.com/pastor/

https://www.facebook.com/Robert-Bob-and-JoBeth-Hooker-1422658051332734/

• @Chuck said:

@dahartigan said:

@Chuck said:

Google results for two bob hooker:

http://calvarybaptistofmemphis.com/pastor/

https://www.facebook.com/Robert-Bob-and-JoBeth-Hooker-1422658051332734/

LOL nice. I used some Australian slang..

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2018

dahartigan said: That looks like a VPS. I believe old mate was talking about cpanel hosting which is up and down like a two bob hooker.

No, it is for shared hosting. And, because I am monitoring also a reseller plan from NFP, most of them should be hiccups, not real downtime. Overall, they don't have speed servers, their cpanel servers are indeed overcrowded, they usually have loads of 20-50% over their cpu allocation (though memory is on good level, something like 35-40%) and their network is not the faster pipe in the world... And they do spamming advertising on client's emails, this is the most frustrating thing at all!
    But, as said, for what it costs and for certain usages (not building your own hosting company relying on this reseller plan, for God's sake!), their service is acceptable.

• The problem I had with them should clear up what's their standard.
    I bought a cheap shared hosting (rarely worked fine, but ok, I spent 1$ on LEB so...) and I got included in their mailing list.
    There I found an advertised VPS that interested me, and I sent an email to ask if I could have had it with Windows OS. The answer: "sure, just send us the downloadable link and serial and we will put it up for you".
    So I decided to buy both the VPS and OS. Sent them the link and serial. "No sorry, this is OpenVZ virtualization, we can't put up a Windows OS". And before I could ask anything more or try to find a solution (they have KVM platforms too), they refunded (only the VPS) and instantly interrupted the service.

Wonder what? I feel already bad when they force me to buy something and then scam me. When they force me to buy something from MS I start to become pretty angry.
    Thumbs down all my life for NFP. They are definitely scammers.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited August 2018

Here is their shared hosting:

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/15bf30cfb6abfa5e1cd2dd7cf068ac8b/

3 days with 1 down for 5 minutes. Not bad.

• @Chuck said:
    Here is their shared hosting:

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/15bf30cfb6abfa5e1cd2dd7cf068ac8b

3 days with 1 down for 5 minutes. Not bad.

You have to make the report public, otherwise it show a 404 error page

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited August 2018

With these cheap hosting servers I find that shelling out for a dedicated IP can help if the shared IP gets nullrouted or something.

@jvnadr I agree 100% that for the price and for a lot of low requirement use cases these are more than adequate. Nobody in their right mind would host their business site on these though. To be fair it doesn't help that these providers advertised the service as professional or enterprise grade where it clearly is hobby grade.

I do have good experience with their vps though, again for hobby stuff not hosting anything business critical.

• Everything just poor .. go away from them

• which is better nfp vps or hiformance vps? anyone have both and can comment?

• h2oh2o Member

@asterisk14 said:
    which is better nfp vps or hiformance vps? anyone have both and can comment?

They'r in the same level. But hiformance is better in my opinion.

Thanked by 1asterisk14
  • „What you pay, is what you get!” :)

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • isoiso Member

On monday 7.00 am I bought "2GB LEB Exclusive VPS Promotion" plan. Till now I haven't got access to my VPS (almost 36 hours) . My server has status "Pending". They do not respond my tickets. Is this normal or this is SCAM?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Then why not just ask him directly instead of necro posting an old dead thread?

• Sorry, but I'm not asking him but the public, Anyway, thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it @AnthonySmith

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

kacang_soya said: Sorry, but I'm not asking him but the public

Your are and from a 5 month old post as well.