Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS doesn't update itself
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS doesn't update itself

okpxokpx Member

Im trying to update whmcs panel and determined temp folder for it. But when I press save changes it doesnt update, waits so long and i believe something causes error.
Can you help me on this?

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Put in a ticket with WHMCS. It's a part of why you pay licencing fees.

• @trewq said:
    Put in a ticket with WHMCS. It's a part of why you pay licensing fees.

You're right. But I think it's several issues. But he should ask his hosting provider to increase memory limits and execution time are set to the recommended values ( https://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements ).

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

It might be that the temp dir is not writable.
    Make sure your user has enough rights.

• Doesn't the WHMCS health check tell you everything that's wrong? Just resolve those issues.

• I installed WHMCS through Softaculous and always update via the same. Never had a problem to update via Softaculous.

• Culprit can be ModSecurity or Firewall. Check logs. It can block your save request and browser will keep loading save changes.

• WHMCS Logging is pretty robust. Likely if its a WHMCS issue, its logged somewhere. I would start there. But before all of that, have you tried a different browser?

Personally, when I run into this sort of issue, I would try multiple browsers, then check the logs, if all else fails, like trewq said, You pay them a monthly fee, send them a ticket with your issues and your findings.

• The end is literally nigh

• vovlervovler Member
    edited August 2018

Disable Cloudflare if you have it enabled

EDIT_______________________________________

Don't forget it takes actually some time for Cloudflare to disable.

Check your website's response headers to see if you still see your "server" as "cloudflare".
    https://i.gyazo.com/ae6dd1378ba5ea699e447f03b67e6505.png

or just ping your website and make sure the IP doesn't belong to cloudflare.

Thanked by 1tomg777