Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Congent Communication VPS (USA)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Congent Communication VPS (USA)

XortXort Member
edited August 2018 in Providers

Looking for Congent Communication (USA) VPS for my personal use ( paypal account, bank, and such)

Comments

• solufsoluf Member
    edited August 2018

@zare has Cogent. I don't think he sells vps. but maybe one of his resellers can help.

Found one of his resellers on his homepage routerhosting(KVM) - choose uk location

Thanked by 1Xort
  • XortXort Member

@soluf said:
    @zare has Cogent. I don't think he sells vps. but maybe one of his resellers can help.

Found one of his resellers on his homepage routerhosting(KVM) - choose uk location

Thanks bro.

• Xort said: Congent Communication (USA) VPS for my personal use ( paypal account, bank, and such)

Do you need pure (single-homed AS174) Cogent? If so, FDCServers may work. Can't really speak to quality of the hardware, etc and the network is a whole different discussion (you did ask for Cogent :)

Thanked by 1Xort
  • XortXort Member

@Tucker said:

Xort said: Congent Communication (USA) VPS for my personal use ( paypal account, bank, and such)

Do you need pure (single-homed AS174) Cogent? If so, FDCServers may work. Can't really speak to quality of the hardware, etc and the network is a whole different discussion (you did ask for Cogent :)

Thanks bro, is there any way to check if the providers got congent or something like that?

• Maybe call and ask, submit a ticket, online chat?

• XortXort Member

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    Maybe call and ask, submit a ticket, online chat?

Sarcasm is the ugly cousin of self-hatred.
    Thank you anyway. I usually do that, however some do not give conclusive information, so I preferred to ask here.

• What sarcasm? It's the steps many posters don't do. Good luck to your search for info

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Why are you looking for Cogent in particular? We don't have U.S. locations but we use Cogent in Toronto. https://lunanode.com

Thanked by 1irm
  • If you don't know what Cogent is, you probably don't need it.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Our LAX US location has Cogent (AS174) as one of our transit provider.

• irmirm Member

can vouch for @perennate. been using lunanode for a while now and its been nothing but stable.

• DebouncerDebouncer Member, Host Rep

BuyVM NY @Francisco

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you want VM with Cogent routes only you need to look for one that’s single-homed to Cogent - that will limit your options, and furthermore you need to understand the implications to the quality of service.

• TomTom Member

FDC is purely singlehomed Cogent.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Tom said: FDC is purely singlehomed Cogent.

BuyVM Las Vegas and New Jersey using cogent only.

Las Vegas too

since they're famous around here, no one really complaint about them :).

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2018

do not know why you want cogent , it has congestion issue in most of the time

@hostdare said:

It’s useful to bypass congestion issues to Cogent Customers.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @Clouvider said:

@hostdare said:

It’s useful to bypass congestion issue to Cogent Customers.

That about the only plus when using pure Cogent, I wonder why @xort even need vps just on them out of the other tier 1 transit provider there not exactly the best.

• @Razza said:
    That about the only plus when using pure Cogent, I wonder why @xort even need vps just on them out of the other tier 1 transit provider there not exactly the best.

Because in some parts of the world ISPs are single homed to cogent of have hot pipes to the other providers. Happens.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited August 2018

sibaper said: Tom said: FDC is purely singlehomed Cogent.

Debouncer said: BuyVM NY @Francisco

Las Vegas too

@Franciso can you confirm this, I was pretty sure you guys were not single-homed to Cogent in any of your locations so the above seems a bit odd to me?

Cheers!

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2018

TheLinuxBug said: @Franciso can you confirm this, I was pretty sure you guys were not single-homed to Cogent in any of your locations so the above seems a bit odd to me?

Cheers!

For IPv6 seems like they have at minimum Cogent + HE.

https://bgp.he.net/AS53667 says Voxility for IPv4 too.

Voxility is the DDoS protection most likely. HE is a tunnel most likely.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@TheLinuxBug said:

Las Vegas too

@Franciso can you confirm this, I was pretty sure you guys were not single-homed to Cogent in any of your locations so the above seems a bit odd to me?

Cheers!

Nope, that's true, not going to make any excuses for it :P I've been working to pick who else I want to add to the mix but since we do the whole unmetered thing, people really put it to work now. I really wanted to get L3 in all locations since it's available everywhere but not sure on that.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@TheLinuxBug said:

Las Vegas too

Cheers!

Nope, that's true, not going to make any excuses for it :P I've been working to pick who else I want to add to the mix but since we do the whole unmetered thing, people really put it to work now. I really wanted to get L3 in all locations since it's available everywhere but not sure on that.

Francisco

Well that surprised me today. Omg LET still has its power. :D

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • I think Ikoula has singlehomed Cogent in Miami (they are using Cogent's DC too). You may be able to use the €1/month offer too, I was able to spawn VPS in Miami despite the offer terms saying EU only.

• YuraYura Member

@karatekidmonkey said:
    I think Ikoula has singlehomed Cogent in Miami (they are using Cogent's DC too). You may be able to use the €1/month offer too, I was able to spawn VPS in Miami despite the offer terms saying EU only.

They can bill you for that, be careful.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Yura said: They can bill you for that, be careful.

Well I don't have any new invoices from them...but then again it's impossible to tell because of their mess of 50 different panels...

• hostfavhostfav Member, Host Rep

@Xort We use Cogent's New York City Datacenter.