Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for multiple VPSs around the world with a good connection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for multiple VPSs around the world with a good connection

Hi everyone,

For my current side project (https://servitor.io) I'm looking for multiple servers around the world that are hosted on a stable network. Specs don't matter much, they will only be used to ping websites on a regular base.

At this moment I'm using 2 nodes:

• Amsterdam @ Digital Ocean: Stable network, fast servers. But $5 a month per location is a bit pricey for what it is doing.
  • Vultr @ New York: I had some trouble with an unstable network while using Vultr. So I'm kinda looking to move this server somewhere else. However this is not necessary.

In short, 2 questions:

• As a user, where would you want to monitor your websites from? For now I'm only looking for 3 locations (Europe, US and Asia), but to be future proof more locations would be nice.
  • As a host, can anyone offer me a host that is located in all of those parts in the world for a nice price?

I'm not sure if there are any hosts that can beat the stability and locations of Digital Ocean, but it is always worth a shot! :).

Comments

• We offer resource pools if that is convenient?

With our resource pool, you can spin up 4-10 instances on demand in a choice of 5 locations.

Take a look for more information.

Prices start from £7.99 per month for 2GB RAM, 120GB Storage, 4 VPS MAX, 4 IPV4.

• Check out lowendspirit.com perhaps these NAT boxes could do the trick for you at about $3-4 a year. Perhaps @anthonysmith could answer any questions you have about using them to ping other sites.

• Yeah. I would recommend NAT to you. Try to get those with ipv6 as well so you can check both ipv4 and 6.

• @HostDoc said:
    Prices start from £7.99 per month for 2GB RAM, 120GB Storage, 4 VPS MAX, 4 IPV4.

Did you ever read what OP looking for price wise?

• OmgpleaseReadOmgpleaseRead Member
    edited August 2018

@thekiller it looks like 8 gbp for 4 servers so it is half the cost of digital ocean but with less resources per site

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    Check out lowendspirit.com perhaps these NAT boxes could do the trick for you at about $3-4 a year. Perhaps @anthonysmith could answer any questions you have about using them to ping other sites.

Cheers, but the les stuff is provided without sla so probably not suitable for the OP as he is using it to provide a service.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited August 2018

Multiple locations generally won't go under 5 dollars a month, not with a single provider. It simply isn't sustainable. You might want to look into something like heroku for what you want to do.

• @HostDoc said:
    We offer resource pools if that is convenient?

With our resource pool, you can spin up 4-10 instances on demand in a choice of 5 locations.

That sounds perfect, however you don't have any locations in Asia as far as I can see?

@blackjack4494 said:
    Yeah. I would recommend NAT to you. Try to get those with ipv6 as well so you can check both ipv4 and 6.

I do require a ipv4 address, NAT is okay. But as Anthony said, no SLA and that is important.

@TheKiller said:

@HostDoc said:

I never specified a price, definitely not within the $7 a month limit.

@ehhthing said:
    Multiple locations generally won't go under 5 dollars a month, not with a single provider. It simply isn't sustainable. You might want to look into something like heroku for what you want to do.

I wasn't planning on staying under it. :)

• You can contact Clouvider Provider. good luck.

• @TheKiller said:

@HostDoc said:

Did you?

As far as I saw, no budget was specified, he did mention what he was currently paying per VPS, however, I would not consider that a set budget as it was not specified.

@taronyu said:

@HostDoc said:
    We offer resource pools if that is convenient?

That sounds perfect, however you don't have any locations in Asia as far as I can see?

Unfortunately, no. We do not currently have any Asian locations, but hopefully, not too far in the future we should.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Gestion DBI can surely help with one of his DeepNet Solutions OpenVZ plan. We have point of presence in Amsterdam, London, Germany, Montreal, New Jersey, Miami, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Take a look! Https://deepnetsolutions.com

Regards, David

• @taronyu said:

@blackjack4494 said:
    Yeah. I would recommend NAT to you. Try to get those with ipv6 as well so you can check both ipv4 and 6.

I do require a ipv4 address, NAT is okay. But as Anthony said, no SLA and that is important.

Yeah but it would be some starting point.

I can recommend you to check this offer https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/149123/vps-cheaper-than-your-coffee-2-year-vps-pennsylvania-canada-germany-bulgaria-finland#latest

The german and finland location is hosted on hetzner machines from what I got. A user posted his uptime of 200days+. You can monitor your own servers as well.

This offer would give you 5 servers in different location for 10$ a year. But if you want 99.999% sla or so you really need to have a certain budget. Also as you probably noticed even expensive services like amazon etc. had their down times for some longer periods.

• The obvious choice here would be OVH, they offer locations in all the locations you mentioned plus Australia.

• +1 for Gestion DBI, they have been in the business for quite some good time!

• @ehhthing said:
    The obvious choice here would be OVH, they offer locations in all the locations you mentioned plus Australia.

Never knew OVH was also in Asia and so? I'll check it out, thanks!

@blackjack4494 said:

@taronyu said:

@blackjack4494 said:

Yeah but it would be some starting point.

I can recommend you to check this offer https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/149123/vps-cheaper-than-your-coffee-2-year-vps-pennsylvania-canada-germany-bulgaria-finland#latest

The german and finland location is hosted on hetzner machines from what I got. A user posted his uptime of 200days+. You can monitor your own servers as well.

This offer would give you 5 servers in different location for 10$ a year. But if you want 99.999% sla or so you really need to have a certain budget. Also as you probably noticed even expensive services like amazon etc. had their down times for some longer periods.

I'm still not sure if LET would be a good fit. I don't mind paying for it but AWS prices are a bit over the top. DigitalOcean would be great but I don't need a $5 box in every location for the resources I get.

I know enough guys, I'm going to research some more and take into account all of the opinions/offers here.

Thank you all!