Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon SES SMTP Exim configuration on ispmanager
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Amazon SES SMTP Exim configuration on ispmanager

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

I am trying to configure exim for Amazon SES on my ubuntu -ispmanager.
Amazon says to create exim file if none is present and it looks a new file needs more substance than Amazon wants to put in. Or should I go with exim package configuration and follow the step by step installation?

Comments

• Never used ISPmanager before but if the below resources are right it looks very strait forward.

https://doc.ispsystem.com/index.php/Mail_configuration

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/send-email-exim.html

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

The problem I have is that under ispmanager no exim configuration file was found in /etc/exim/ or /exim4 so I had to create exim configuration file with only the content Amazon requires starting from "Begin Routers...." And it is not working.

• Does your VM have exim installed and what OS are you running ?

edited August 2018

@simonindia said:
    Does your VM have exim installed and what OS are you running ?

Exim should be installed as part of ispmanager installation and I am running ubuntu 16.04.

• @yongsiklee said:

Exim should be installed as part of ispmanager installation and I am running ubuntu 16.04.

Sure but recheck if its there

use this

dpkg -l | grep -i exim

@simonindia said:

@yongsiklee said:

Sure but recheck if its there

use this

dpkg -l | grep -i exim

It looks like it is installed:

ii exim4-base 4.86.2-2ubuntu2.3 amd64 support files for all Exim MTA (v4) packages
    ii exim4-config 4.86.2-2ubuntu2.3 all configuration for the Exim MTA (v4)
    ii exim4-daemon-heavy 4.86.2-2ubuntu2.3 amd64 Exim MTA (v4) daemon with extended features, including exiscan-a cl
    ii ispmanager-pkg-exim 5.160.0-2-ubuntu16 all ISPmanager-pkg-exim

• @yongsiklee said:

@simonindia said:

Yong further more I can help but I have to login via ssh but I recommend you give access to some one you know than a unkown simply like me.

But if you can't find some one and willing to give me access contact me via PM

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • Try doing a find for the exim config file name, ISPmanager might store the configs in it's own structure. Alternatively try looking at the running processes (cloudflare won't let me type the command) to see if Exim is running, this might also contain the config path information

Thanked by 1yongsiklee

I think I found. It is "/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template"

@simonindia said:

@yongsiklee said:

@simonindia said:

Yong further more I can help but I have to login via ssh but I recommend you give access to some one you know than a unkown simply like me.

I will try myself first and may reach you for help later on.
    I thank you even for your willingness to help.

@simonindia said:

@yongsiklee said:

@simonindia said:

I just pmed to you my vm's new credentials as sudo.

• @yongsiklee said:

I just pmed to you my vm's new credentials as sudo.

Yong I'm in a meet will take a look shortly.