Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im being held hostage by Yandex LOL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Im being held hostage by Yandex LOL

Jona4sJona4s Member
edited July 2018 in General

So apparently there is no way on earth you can delete your account on Yandex.

I made an account. Added a domain I had (since they offer email hosting for your domain), and setup my [email protected].

Everything went well.

Then I try to send ONE test email, with the email title "test", and content "test", and these dudes flag me as spam, block me for sending emails for 24h. Nice!

So I go ahead.. wait 24h, and attempt to delete everything and just gtfo.

But wait, Attempting to delete your account results in...

Ok fine, I will add an "admin" so that I can delete my account...
However, you cannot add any admins because the box is gray.

So I go ahead and try to add another account from the drop menu..
Fail. You just get redirected back home.

And yeah, there is no delete option whatsoever for the domain I added.

Attempting to delete it from Yandex.Mail fails, as it was moved to Yandex Connect.

I've never seen a service that simply doesnt let you go. I mean there are websites that make it hard to delete your account, but Yandex wont release you LOl

Comments

• Jona4sJona4s Member

Im being held on russia and sending SOS signals via LET

Thanked by 2raindog308 Janevski
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited July 2018

Apparently someone is now spamming my dns with NXDOMAIN 404 as reported by Cloudflare Lol. Probably Yandex losers spamming me MX queries for the domain I added?

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited July 2018

@Jona4s said:

You need to go https://domain.yandex.com/domain_list/ and click disable. Your domain and data will be deleted.

If you don't find these options, you need to contact support.

• TheKiller said: you need to contact support.

this is another achievement which pretty hard to achieve.

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited July 2018

AI is never wrong. @Jona4s is at fault here.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@TheKiller said:

@Jona4s said:

You need to go https://domain.yandex.com/domain_list/ and click disable. Your domain and data will be deleted.

the other option is change DNS records, how complicated or is it rocket science?

Thanked by 3mohamed FHR nulldev
  • @desperand said:

Never had any issues with yandex so never had to contact them, OP's problem seems that they blocked him.

@desperand said:

TheKiller said: you need to contact support.

Complicated. As you asking too much to contact support. every step of the life is complicated, I can be bothered to stand from my chair as it’s complicated! :)

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited July 2018

Of course I immediately changed MX records from my dns provider, don't be absurd.

And why the hell will I contact support for a free email service? I should be able to delete the account via their normal interface.

Also, that link ---> https://domain.yandex.com/domain_list/ sends me to the message "This domain was moved to Connect", as shown in last picture.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

The eиd is иigh, tovarich

Thanked by 2FHR Aidan
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

You can't delete Yandex Connect. Just don't use it.

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited July 2018

You can't delete Yandex Connect. "And you are gonna like it".

edited July 2018

@Jona4s The other admin you can add has to be an Yandex account in form of @yandex.com .

Regarding adding users, you need to type your yandex.com login I think.

Deletion from Yandex Connect is impossible as per Yandex support. You can only delete domain from Yandex Mail from Domain, if it is not enrolled in Connect. Just keep your MX elsewhere and forget about it. They won't bill you. Hope that helps clear it up.

• YuraYura Member

In Soviet Russia accounts delete YOU!

• quickquick Member

Contact Support:

[email protected]

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@WebProject said:

@TheKiller said:

@Jona4s said:

the other option is change DNS records, how complicated or is it rocket science?

Not necessarily that simple. Yandex may still have internal routing for anything from other Yandex accounts to his e-mail address.

@joepie91 said:

@WebProject said:

@TheKiller said:

@Jona4s said:

Not necessarily that simple. Yandex may still have internal routing for anything from other Yandex accounts to his e-mail address.

Do you know how DNS works? If the MX records pointed elsewhere the Yandex get nothing (in regarding emails), nothing internally attached, no invisible cable or DNS records. if you are provider you need to learn the DNS and how it works!

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited July 2018

Yeah but Yandex still has the domain "connected" (even though MX records dont point at them anymore, I CANT DELETE THE DOMAIN). so they keep making MX queries to my DNS hosted at Cloudflare. Im getting fucking annoying NXDOMAIN 404 forever now.

@Jona4s said:
    Yeah but Yandex still has the domain "connected", so they keep making MX queries for my domain to my DNS hosted at Cloudflare. Im getting fucking annoying NXDOMAIN 404 forever now.

If nothing is pointed to Yandex service they do get nothing, example: create a new VM with your MX records and don’t point anything, now you can’t wait as many millenniums as you wish as you don’t get anything!

If you do change MX records you need to wait 24-72 hours (depends on DNS) for update.

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited July 2018

I know they get nothing. Its just that they have my domain "name.com" linked with an account, and spam my DNS with their queries. Is just annoying thats all.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@WebProject said:

@joepie91 said:

@WebProject said:

@TheKiller said:

@Jona4s said:

Do you know how DNS works? If the MX records pointed elsewhere the Yandex get nothing (in regarding emails), nothing internally attached, no invisible cable or DNS records. if you are provider you need to learn the DNS and how it works!

I don't think you understand how e-mail delivery is handled at large providers. E-mails within the same provider (eg. from Google to Google, from Microsoft to Microsoft, etc.) typically never even leave the provider's network, they just get routed internally without any SMTP ever being involved.

Which means that a single poorly-written internal-routing implementation (that eg. fails to re-check the MX records to determine whether an address is internally-routed) can easily lead to a situation where your ex-Yandex-hosted address will never receive e-mail from another Yandex-hosted address ever again.

Not saying that this is the case for Yandex of course, but I've seen similar failures before, and it means that you can't just assume that "change the MX record" is the end of the story.

Thanked by 1lbft

@joepie91 That isn't the case with Yandex. I have tried it.

Thanked by 1joepie91