Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Availability Object Storage beta free test
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High Availability Object Storage beta free test

letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

I'm happy to announced that now VPS come with High Availability Object Storage

1 - This is a Testing, it is not for production use it can removed any time or rebooting for testing.

2 - All orders are manually activated please bear with me

3 - Pass the FraudRecord & Maxmind Checker

Thanks

Thanked by 1soluf

Comments

• out of stock

estimated future price?

• Out of Stock already?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@Element said:
    out of stock

estimated future price?

$3.5 per 1TB

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@key900 said:

$3.5 per 1TB

That makes it cheaper than your NVMe + Block Storage, will there be a restock for beta test in the future? Is the bandwidth two way or outgoing only? Thanks

@FAT32 said:

@key900 said:

$3.5 per 1TB

That makes it cheaper than your NVMe + Block Storage, will there be a restock for beta test in the future? Is the bandwidth two way or outgoing only? Thanks

True that because the I/o are limited. i'm not happy to set the main drive limited with 100mb/s and 200iops but you will got High Availability feather, so i want to see how people think about that. i will take the NVMe price down little bit only for LET.

I add more stock and please keep in mind We will shutdown the main node after few days to see if all VPS are migrated to different node.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@key900 said:

True that because the I/o are limited. i'm not happy to set the main drive limited with 100mb/s and 200iops but you will got High Availability feather, so i want to see how people think about that. i will take the NVMe price down little bit only for LET.

I add more stock and please keep in mind We will shutdown the main node after few days to see if all VPS are migrated to different node.

I believe 100MB/s and 200 IOPS is fair enough for backup and storage. I am more worried about the bandwidth (Is it both way or outgoing only?)

Does that means this plan and the NVMe plan are hosted in the same cluster except without NVMe and limited IO speed?

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited July 2018

@FAT32 said:

@key900 said:

I believe 100MB/s and 200 IOPS is fair enough for backup and storage. I am more worried about the bandwidth (Is it both way or outgoing only?)

Does that means this plan and the NVMe plan are hosted in the same cluster except without NVMe and limited IO speed?

The bandwidth in/out we may add more tb with this package thought. The NVMe are local sotrage + the Block sotrage attached network via FDR and PCEI cache.

NVMe can’t be active for HA or maybe by replicating we still not test it.

• JunJun Member
    edited July 2018

I need at least 5TB for some of my backup. Depending on the price and reliability of the storage, I'd like to expand up to 11TB (or more in the future). It looks like your service may fit my need. I'd like to ask you some questions:

1. Is storage over 5TB an option? It looks like you only provide an option up to 4TB
    2. Can the storage size be expanded in the future without having to cancel and apply for a new service? I don't mind temporary shutdown for storage upgrade.
    3. Can I downgrade the network traffic quota after the first month? I'd first like to upload <5TB of my current data however my network usage afterwards will be <200GB/mo for regular backup and seldom streaming. How about matching free traffic quota to the object storage size? Or limiting outbound traffic-only with a smaller traffic quota? Or allowing free higher inbound traffic for first month only?
    4. If 1~3 works, could you please provide a deal that I can try out for 5TB storage? Not free, but something that doesn't get removed after the beta testing. I don't mind random reboot/shutdown as long as data integrity and 95% uptime is guaranteed during your beta testing phase. I'd be glad to be a part of your beta test.
    5. If not, do you have any milestone of by when you are planning to deploy the $3.5/TB plan that you mentioned in the comment above?
  • solufsoluf Member
    edited July 2018

They are pretty awesome host had few plans with them.

bench.sh of this plan:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Common KVM processor
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2000.000 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 1024.0 GB (1.5 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 991 MB (79 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 3 min
    Load average         : 0.36, 0.28, 0.12
    OS                   : CentOS 7.5.1804
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 3.10.0-862.9.1.el7.x86_64
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 104 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 105 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 105 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 104.7 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         90.2MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          6.29MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.39MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           4.99MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           2.59MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             28.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           15.4MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          48.4MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            4.73MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.57MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          6.80MB/s

Note: They force you to set a public ssh key for this plan (which isn't a bad habit ofc)

Thanked by 2letbox Aidan
    edited July 2018

@Jun said:
    I need at least 5TB for some of my backup. Depending on the price and reliability of the storage, I'd like to expand up to 11TB (or more in the future). It looks like your service may fit my need. I'd like to ask you some questions:

1- we still not add all options sure we can do 5tb

2 - yes I believe so since we are using Cloud-Init on.

3 - Yes sure can downgrade anytime anything but not sure about the Harddisk the Bandwidth working as out/in calculating and there is an upgrade option or $0.20 per Gigabytes after but we looking for better solutions thought i think this the best to control your usage.

4- Yes we can do that no issue just pm me. For the record our last NVMe + block sotrage testing we have 0 reboot or downtime we only will take one node down to see how HA will act and up it later after few minutes.

5 - Pretty soon as soon as see everything goes well.

Thanked by 1Jun
  • JunJun Member

PM'd and resolved. Thank you for prompt response. Looking forward to hoard more data!!!

• @key900 said:

Did you mean Block storage?

@vimalware said:

@key900 said:

Nah the Block Storage is come with NVMe _ Block Storage they already available here for $3.5 for 10 GB NVMe + 500 GB Block Storage or 1TB $1.5 Extra
    http://letbox.com/page/cloud

• Out of Stock...

I was one of your last NVMe + block storage tester. May I join this time?

• @key900 said:

@vimalware said:

@key900 said:

Nah the Block Storage is come with NVMe _ Block Storage they already available here for $3.5 for 10 GB NVMe + 500 GB Block Storage or 1TB $1.5 Extra
    http://letbox.com/page/cloud

Just to be clear, this is 1TB object storage as in S3-compatible or like minio?,

and not rsync compatible storage?

Interesting.

• Are you considering providing more samples?

@Creling said:
    Are you considering providing more samples?

We find a bug with Reinstall buttons we may add more beta while we got this fix.

@vimalware said:

Just to be clear, this is 1TB object storage as in S3-compatible or like minio?,

Interesting.

it just KVM with Triple replicated your data of 3 copies + High Availability feather VE High Availability Cluster (VE HA Cluster) enables the definition of high available virtual machines. In simple words, if a virtual machine (VM) is configured as HA and the physical host fails, the VM is automatically restarted on one of the remaining VE Cluster nodes.

• @key900 said:

@vimalware said:

Interesting.

it just KVM with Triple replicated your data of 3 copies + High Availability feather VE High Availability Cluster (VE HA Cluster) enables the definition of high available virtual machines. In simple words, if a virtual machine (VM) is configured as HA and the physical host fails, the VM is automatically restarted on one of the remaining VE Cluster nodes.

Great product . It shouldn't be labelled 'object storage' then.

High availability VPS is fine.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Do it's down for someone else ? Maybe it's the planned shutdown ?

edited August 2018

@ben47955 said:
    Do it's down for someone else ? Maybe it's the planned shutdown ?

We shutdown it for little bit we doing some changes and will up again like 24 hours. but it may not be last for long time.

@ben47955 said:
    Do it's down for someone else ? Maybe it's the planned shutdown ?

After the changes seems everything is great! all up and running !