Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bloggers Community
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bloggers Community

LowEndAdmin has made a few howto's ho to install a simple wordpress on a vps, so I am sure, there must be a few bloggers here. Is there a cool community which has the main-topic blogging? Technic-Blogs are cool... but non-technical blogs are very cool, too - are there some more?

I read this topic and i think i have the same thought with this opinion. And i also want to ask the same question. Thanks

Comments

• mailinaboxmailinabox Member
    edited July 2018

For a pure blog use a FLAT FILE CMS.

WordPress ate my RAM!

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

There are many alternatives, wordpress is the last CMS i would use for just a blogging website.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Grav

• @armandorg said:
    There are many alternatives, wordpress is the last CMS i would use for just a blogging website.

Think about RAM. WP will eat all!
    buy yeah
    grav

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • classyclassy Member

I think he’s asking if there’s people running blogs around here and what they write about, whether it be technical or not, both are interesting.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Unfortunately, blogging has kind of died out :/

Thanked by 2ramonwap ricardo
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Blogging was okay when there were few and they were quality ones.

Now, I think even dogs have blogs.

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited July 2018

Unfortunately, blogging has kind of died out :/

Yeah, the masses tend to use the homogenised huge platforms. A forum of web devs who've been at it 20+ years were recently talking about web rings.

Because of social networks, blogger etc etc there is a lot of truth in it, at least the initial conception.

A lot of the web has centralised since the initial honeymoon of the 90s and early 2000s. wiki, google, facebook, amazon.

• williewillie Member

deank said: Now, I think even dogs have blogs.

There's a song along those lines:

https://steve.savitzky.net/Songs/cicero/

This discussion has been closed.