Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What should I use for company FAQ and information share internal use only
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What should I use for company FAQ and information share internal use only

In our company we need to set up intranet for sharing FAQ, documents etc
Any suggestion?

Comments

• Confluence if sort of made for this. https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence

• Are you looking for software suggestions? Many Wiki, CMS and Help Desk software apps can do this for a company, but I am not sure if that is your question. I do like using a Wiki for INTERNAL documentation, and have used Dokuwiki and Mediawiki in my daily life and have no complaints.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Dokuwiki works. Doesn't even need a DB, so super-simple to set-up.

• is dokuwiki easier to sue?

• Just set up a local subnet. Basically connect all the computers to a networking switch, and make sure the switch isn't connected to the internet. Then set up a server that hosts that data, and then also connecting that to the switch will get you those desired results.

• From memory, Dokuwiki isn't great if you've got a lot of editors working simultaneously. I can't find the source of that yet, will edit my post I can find the source.

• Dokuwiki will do fine for a small group -- didn't have any issues between 4-6 users, but of course, we usually had our "focus" items to deal with and "babied" that documentation.

Confluence software is Java based, so most likely it will used more resources than you anticipated.

• Yes I agree dokuwiki is small and awesome!!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah I'm going with dokuwiki as well. Go simple, focus on content.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited October 2013

Simplest is to share a folder and put documents there

• +1 for confluence. It has a great user management system, and was built to host public spaces, and private spaces side by side. We have our public wiki running on the same setup as our internal wiki or space.

The 10 user $10/self-hosted license is a great deal, if you don't need more than 10 users.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence

• yeah we use Confluence. Pretty easy to setup up.

• twiki

• Dokuwiki, GetSimple or Confluence.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Just installed a secret DokuWiki install for me to document stuff so I don't have to look for it anymore. I like it!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@EkaatyLinux said:
    Dokuwiki, GetSimple or Confluence.

GetSimple is a CMS.

• afterSt0rmafterSt0rm Member
    edited October 2013

You can adapt any template to this and use NewsManager to build a FAQ. I'm using GetSimple at some different applications and this can be easily achived...