Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentOS Not Booting After Installation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CentOS Not Booting After Installation

sb11sb11 Member
edited July 2018 in Help

I have a test box that's a Dell CS24-NV7

I have seen the issue I am facing over several forums but not getting anywhere with this one.

I have a raid 1 setup using a Perc 6i raid card.

After installing Centos 7-x86_64-Minimal-1804 it doesn't boot to anything including GRUB.

Before setting up a raid I successfully installed Centos if no problems or errors, So something points me down to the raid card as it possibly menas that Centos cannot pickup the raid.

Screen just goes to a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Any error messages on screen? Or just blank screen?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I guess it doesn't see a useable disk. My first look would be at the driver, Raid setup, and grub.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@jsg said:
    I guess it doesn't see a useable disk. My first look would be at the driver, Raid setup, and grub.

Correct and it will show on screen error about it - it’s not rocket science

@WebProject said:

@jsg said:

Correct and it will show on screen error about it - it’s not rocket science

Yes, IF he can see anything. I wasn't sure about that. Maybe he doesn't have a KVM terminal. Maybe by "installing" he means some panel template that for whatever reason doesn't support that controller.

• sb11sb11 Member

When the os was installed by usb disk drive, The server rebooted and shown a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

I have the server in front of me so no need for any kvm for access.

• sb11sb11 Member

@sb11 said:
    When the os was installed by usb disk drive, The server rebooted and shown a blank screen with a blinking cursor.

I have the server in front of me so no need for any kvm for access.

I did forget to mention that with the raid setup it wouldn't boot up the centos disk to run the installer, To get this started I ran on the cli edd=off

Pardon me but it seems your problem isn't so much a technical one but rather one of properly describing the problem and of providing relevant info.

• sb11sb11 Member

@jsg said:
    Pardon me but it seems your problem isn't so much a technical one but rather one of properly describing the problem and of providing relevant info.

I am not entirely sure what further information I can give to help resolve the issue I am faced with