Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad leaving Colocrossing and others! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad leaving Colocrossing and others!

12346»

Comments

• @grayfuz said:
    can a yearly vps request for refund?

Shouldnt be a problem.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am running slow in Houston too however the amount of moves that are happening is probably why, will see how it goes over the next 24 hours.

• URPAD? nah...

Thanked by 1switsys
  • skybucks100skybucks100 Member
    edited October 2013

So, I guess my VPS is in migration for the past 3 hours and Urpad, I guess, cancelled my other VPS... great.

• @skybucks100 said:
    So, I guess my VPS is in migration for the past 3 hours and Urpad, I guess, cancelled my other VPS... great.

Awesome....

• what also should be noted is that, despite me asking multiple times for a confirmation, the vps (along with the paid one) was simply closed without any further notice and giving me a chance to pull a backup (which i fortunately did beforehand, already anticipating that)

• ... I am speechless, I am really curious if that was Luis that responded to your ticket?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I am happy camper, the VPS has been moved, but took some 2 days.
    I hope from now on will work well and I will renew for another year :)

• @Maounique said:
    I am happy camper, the VPS has been moved, but took some 2 days.
    I hope from now on will work well and I will renew for another year :)

I'm not mad about the migration, I'm mad about the lack of communication Urpad is providing. Because of it, one of my VPS got cancelled so I have no idea if i'm getting that data back or not...

• @ATHK said:
    ... I am speechless, I am really curious if that was Luis that responded to your ticket?

were you referring to my post?

• urpad is not bad. please check my ticket. XVS-331-20081.@ChrisMiller

• @neroux said:
    were you referring to my post?

Yes I was, sorry was in a rush as usual.

• @ATHK said:
    Yes I was, sorry was in a rush as usual.

Then no, in this particular case Luis was not involved. But yes, I had my fair share of "interesting" responses from him

• urpad is not bad. please check my ticket.

If you need to post your support ticket number in a forum thread to get their support staff's attention it's a pretty good indication that they need to work on improving some aspects of their business.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @DomainBop said:
    If you need to post your support ticket number in a forum thread to get their support staff's attention it's a pretty good indication that they need to work on improving some aspects of their business.

Now lets not understate things :D

• my vpx has gone. Solus says it is running on somewhere...

• its more than 2 days and my vps are still down.

That is normal, here was about the same. I think they move them in batches automatically and only restart them on the new location after they checked the move was good.

• @Maounique said:
    That is normal, here was about the same. I think they move them in batches automatically and only restart them on the new location after they checked the move was good.

Normal? Ignoring their customers and giving them unassigned servers plus days of downtime is normal? Uhh okay...

• @skybucks100 said:
    Normal? Ignoring their customers and giving them unassigned servers plus days of downtime is normal? Uhh okay...

I'd say Maounique meant normal by their standards

• @neroux said:

Ohhh ya, that could possibly be...

@neroux said:

Yes, I got this server for 21 $ in a black friday sale. It said 1 GB ram, but has 512 and 1024 vswap. OK, no problem no IPv6 either but my friends didnt have that, so was good for them.
    Since last move the server was without an IP, then it was provided just to be changed again.
    Now what can I say, I am happy it works and hopefully, this takeover is done and the problems over. I am not afraid to say that I will renew if there are no problems until the expiration 1.75/mo is not bad, it works fine when it does, if it is stable from now on i am ok with it.
    As I said i do not run important things on these, they are just for teaching people for example. Now I have a desktop in Orlando after my previous one succumbed due to a spam filter (didnt get notice and was cancelled->it's hard keeping track of all these bills...).

• I'm STILL waiting for a response to my 4-5 day old ticket..

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2013

To finally get an answer from them I opened another ticket they answered and told me to refrain from opening duplicate tickets (even though they never answered my prior one for days) and told me this..

Hi,

We have checked this with our system admin and we have limited the speed of servers due to ongoing migration, once this has been completed you will get expected speed.

Again answered by Luis, who for some reason couldn't just tell me this when I opened the ticket... Seems like am excuse to me... Pathetic....

• DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2013

@ATHK said:
    Again answered by Luis, who for some reason couldn't just tell me this when I opened the ticket... Seems like am excuse to me... Pathetic....

Well, at least your tickets were answered by someone with a name. Mine have been answered in broken English by no name at all. I'm definitely getting the impression they're outsourcing support, which is understandable for very large companies but discouraging when other (better) providers here do everything in-house.

Or maybe they're just hiring people who don't speak English well. Either way, not so awesome.

I had really hoped the constant "your ticket is being escalated to management" and then going days without a response thing would stop when RLT came along, but it unfortunately seems otherwise.

• RLT seems to have a linked support system where other staff members from a different RLT company can reply to your ticket..

I've had several support tickets answered by a staff member from another company (not UrPad) they go straight to my junk mail for some reason...

• RLT seems to have a linked support system where other staff members from a different RLT company can reply to your ticket..

I've had several support tickets answered by a staff member from another company (not UrPad) they go straight to my junk mail for some reason...

• I can't really confirm the complaints about their support time, Chris and Ranndall answered my non-urgent tickets within reasonable timeframes (1 hour)

• Chris and Randal are both fantastic in answering tickets, it's when you open a ticket when they aren't available which is the problem..

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

It reminds of of this YouTube video: