Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad leaving Colocrossing and others! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad leaving Colocrossing and others!

Comments

• blackblack Member
    edited October 2013

@RLT_RandalB
    Started with this

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/326410/#Comment_326410

So I thought it'd be a good idea to start a project to test a server's upload and download speed (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/13786/coded-a-speedtest-script-that-gives-you-upload-and-download-speeds)

Skip forward to 2 days ago, I asked a VPS provider to run a speedtest (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/347268/#Comment_347268)

Same issue it seems. Opened a ticket a day ago (in a few hours it'll be 2 days I think) and it's not resolved.

Edit: I'd give you a new speedtest result right now but the VPS container seems to be down and I can't access urpad's client area (http://i.imgur.com/6t7jnGP.png)

Edit 2: I'd like to mention that urpad's LA location was stable, had no issues there.

• @black Could you please private message me any ticket id's you have? I will take alook into it for you.

• Chris Miller , I have the same issue @black mentioned. Upload speeds are extremely low. I have a VPS on node Houston 1. I tried to use the script @black wrote and it is giving me speeds like these:

Speedtest from Los Angeles, CA, USA [ generously donated by http://maximumvps.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port Download Speed: 1.89 MB/sec Upload speed: .05 MB/sec Speedtest from South Bend, Indiana, USA [ generously donated by NodeBytes ] on a shared 100 Mbps port Download Speed: 1.86 MB/sec Upload speed: .04 MB/sec

I tried to raise a ticket for this but the billing area is down.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@RLT_RandalB said:
    Nick_A Contrary to what most people think, we are just a couple of guys.

A couple of guys with some big bucks I'm betting.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited October 2013

@neel said:
    Chris Miller , I have the same issue black mentioned. Upload speeds are extremely low. I have a VPS on node Houston 1. I tried to use the script black wrote and it is giving me speeds like these:

Speedtest from Los Angeles, CA, USA [ generously donated by http://maximumvps.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port Download Speed: 1.89 MB/sec Upload speed: .05 MB/sec Speedtest from South Bend, Indiana, USA [ generously donated by NodeBytes ] on a shared 100 Mbps port Download Speed: 1.86 MB/sec Upload speed: .04 MB/sec

I tried to raise a ticket for this but the billing area is down.

Don't worry we are aware of the issues and we are currently working on it!

• I'm a former military guy, so if that is big bucks then sure. :)

@Nick_A said:

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited October 2013

@Nick_A said:

Not anymore! They have been busy buying people out :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Can I choose where to be moved ? I would like to be moved to Orlando.

• Sure, Not a problem. Once our ticket system is back up we can move you to any of our new locations.

@Maounique said:
    Can I choose where to be moved ? I would like to be moved to Orlando.

• How long will be the downtime for a specific client

• @jcaleb if you arent using much data, on average we are getting vps finished in 5 minutes or less.

• thanks @RLT_RandalB i thought it was 1 month because Oct 18 to Mid November. that scared me :)

@RLT_RandalB said:
    Sure, Not a problem. Once our ticket system is back up we can move you to any of our new locations.

Thanks, I hope this time I will get an IP assigned (any IP, some IPv6 would be a bonus).

• @jcaleb said:
    thanks RLT_RandalB i thought it was 1 month because Oct 18 to Mid November. that scared me :)

I've got around 10-12% of a 40GB drive and it was done within 5 minutes.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @jcaleb, No that's our complete time-frame to get everyone moved over. We have already started for those that are requesting.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Will wait for ticket system then to be up

@jcaleb said:
    Will wait for ticket system then to be up

Yeah, me too, I would like to be migrated now rather than with the bulk. Last migration left me without IP and i can understand how that happens when you are moved with thousands of others.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @ryanarp said:
    Fixed That For You

Ryan applying censorship? :| What? :|

@jimpop said:
    I hate to be the one to say it, but constant IP address changes are signs of immaturity. RamNode, nor even CVPS, would never pull these kinds of stunts.

Which is a good thing :-) I've seen this more often lately. As IPs are getting more scarce, more people get them directly from ARIN so they can get more than they can get from their DC. So, it's got nothing to do with immaturity.

@ShardHostSarah said:
    3 days notice with IP changes is just poor business. Unless you were being booted out of the door by the DC there is a way to plan for this and notify customers ahead of time.

HawkHost gave me 6 hours. Really, 3 days is quite decent in my book ;-)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2013

@jarland said:
    Well of course it's profitable for CVPS, you have a lot of backing. I'm not knocking it, I know you deny it, but it's actually an excellent plan. No amount of disagreements can make me deny that. Most people don't get the hookups you do though.

This ^^ Chris would not cope or have grown to what CVPS is if he was outside of the CC network.

• I am using their service for 1 year. But after I ordered a new VPS from their new Houston Node, it is terrible, I opened a ticket to change my node. They replied with a confirmation in same hour of my ticket. No reply after 16 hours!

Customer Care Service is degraded.

Ticket ID : First fix your Client Area! Nothing is working.

• This is a bit of a rip off, I ordered a UK server for a year and now 5 months in it's being moved to the US. Latency is important for what I use it for, so having it in the US is no good. Anyone know if I can get a refund for the remaining months, has anyone else tried?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • LeeLee Veteran

@sc754 - They have clearly stated you can get a refund, read the email.

edited October 2013

@W1V_Lee said:
    This ^^ Chris would not cope or have grown to what CVPS is if he was outside of the CC network.

So, you wish to prove CC is good for the LEB hosts, did I guess right ?

As for the move, I will try to move to Orlando, this server was for some brazilian friends of mine.
    Hopefully it will work, I must say I held Urpad higher in my view before, I havent voted yet for the leb hosts of Q3 waiting to see how this will pan out.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Maounique

I am saying that CC is good for CVPS and only through them have CVPS grown as they have, nothing more.

• @mpkossen said:
    I've seen this more often lately. As IPs are getting more scarce, more people get them directly from ARIN so they can get more than they can get from their DC. So, it's got nothing to do with immaturity.

This isn't something new (perhaps it's just new for some people) ARIIN/RIPE/APNIC/LANIC/AFRNIC have been delegating IP rages for quite sometime now. The immaturity is in thinking that you can drag your customers from datacenter to datacenter (twice in 2 months for some), all on a few weeks notice.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Billing is now up! I have submitted my ticket

@Maounique

Thanked by 1Maounique

@jcaleb said:
    Billing is now up! I have submitted my ticket

Maounique

Me too, thanks :)

• @jcaleb said:
    Billing is now up! I have submitted my ticket

Maounique
    @Maounique said:
    Me too, thanks :)

Thanks we will answer those as soon as possible. :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@mpkossen said:
    Ryan applying censorship? :| What? :|

lol was more or less a joke. Glad you caught that ;)

• sb1sb1 Member

be careful what you tell support
    I asked for a week time before they move the vps and also to move to orlando

unfortunately the only thing the guy read from the ticket was "orlando"

"We apologies, but both of your vps has already been moved to Orlando. I will provide you with the new ip details shortly."