Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


URPad leaving Colocrossing and others!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

URPad leaving Colocrossing and others!

LeeLee Member
edited October 2013 in Providers

So, just got an email from URPad, they are dropping all Colocrossing locations, Ionity, Quadranet, UK, Luxembourg and of course Iceland is already gone.

I moved my main content to Houston recently because it's actually quite a decent setup and I like it when the provider is close to the hardware so it does not really affect me but I am sure all the little bitches are going to love this :P

Recently we sent an email to all customers about the closing of our Iceland location. After reviewing the feedback we received, we have decided to close additional locations. The locations we are closing are where we do not own the equipment.

We will be changing URPad's server locations to Los Angeles, Houston, and Orlando, and eliminating all other locations. In the new locations we have total control over your hosting services with on-site datacenter staff, and we have brand new hardware.

Please take a look at the new equipment we have purchased and see what our new locations will look like:

https://www.facebook.com/urpadhosting/photos_albums?ref=hl

We have been listening to customer suggestions and comments, and will be implementing other changes to improve our services in the near future.

We want to thank our former datacenters, ColoCrossing, Ionity, Quadranet, Servers.lu, UKServers, and ThorDC. Our migrations do not reflect poorly on their service, merely, we have grown to need equipment which we own and fully control.

Will my VPS be effected?

All nodes EXCEPT the following will be migrated:

Houston1
Houston2
Houston3
LA1
LA2
LA3
Orlando1
Orlando2

ALL OTHER NODES WILL BE MIGRATED TO THESE LOCATIONS.

This is a complete overhaul of our setup, and all clients will be able to choose from three URPad locations:

Los Angeles, CA, (LA) with new DDoS protection has great routing to Asian markets and the security you need, hosted at Black Lotus’ Facility.

Houston, TX, is just minutes from our corporate offices, hosted at 1001 Texas Avenue.

Orlando, FL, to serve the needs of the US East Coast and Latin America, hosted at Host Dime’s Facility.

When will this move happen?

Unless noted otherwise via email, we plan on starting migrations as early as Friday, October 18th, 2013. We hope to have all clients transitioned to our new hardware and locations by mid-November. We will announce the specific schedules and times of transfer on our blog http://www.urpad.net/blog/ If you have questions regarding this transfer, please email us at [email protected]

Will my plan change? What about my IP address?

Plan configurations and pricing will remain the same. The resources you pay for now are the resources you will receive in your new location. Some customers may see an increase in included features, such as DDoS protection in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, this move will result in new IP addresses being assigned to your Virtual Servers. You will be notified of your IP(s) once your server has been moved.

During this move you will be relocated to IP space that is owned by URPad.net. This ensures a long stable environment for customers moving forward.

We apologize in advanced for any inconvenience this may have on you, your customers or your business, but we believe this migration will be best for all. With new nodes, better hardware, and staffed locations we will be able to serve you our client better.

What if I do not want to move?

Unfortunately, all VPS accounts will be moved and the existing locations will no longer be offered by URPad. We understand that you signed up for a specific location, so as a valued customer we are offering the following:

If you decide to move with us from another location you will be given 1 month of free service, upon request.

If you cancel your service(s) you will be given a pro-rated refund upon request. All refunds and free month credits must be requested before November 15th, 2013.

Thank you for your understanding,

The URPad.net team

So 3...2..1...go!

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
«13456

Comments

  • c0yc0y Member

    I wonder whether @jbiloh was aware of this before this announcement/email

  • Sounds good, I've got two VPSs with UrPad on colocrossing and the constant downtime, packet loss and other things has been getting worse.

    Hopefully this move opens up some new opportunities for them.

  • Not surprising, suspect it makes good business sense, the only PITA bit for customers I assume is the 3 days notice.

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com

  • LeeLee Member

    From a US point of view it sounds like a really good move to be fair, not so great that they are not in the UK or Iceland now but with Ramnode in the Netherlands, Minivps and castlegem in the UK, EDIS with shit disk allocation in Iceland it's not so bad.

    Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • They said that they would move Iceland node to LA on Sept. 30th, nothing happened.
    When you open tickets, they just sit there 2-3 weeks.
    So all these announcement, plans, etc, are just nothing.
    Funny thing is they announce this without any plan.
    You supposed to make a plan first then announce, they announce first, and face the wall.
    Weird management ever since they were bought by Root whatever.

  • Dot they have a plan? "Migrate everything" I thought that was the plan..

  • @MorningIris said:
    They said that they would move Iceland node to LA on Sept. 30th, nothing happened.
    When you open tickets, they just sit there 2-3 weeks.
    So all these announcement, plans, etc, are just nothing.
    Funny thing is they announce this without any plan.
    You supposed to make a plan first then announce, they announce first, and face the wall.
    Weird management ever since they were bought by Root whatever.

    Really? I thought things got more pro since they sale? they have been getting some fair press I thought, maybe it was a dream.

    Oh dear.

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com

  • Iceland has already finished its transfer and is completed.

    @MorningIris said:
    They said that they would move Iceland node to LA on Sept. 30th, nothing happened.
    When you open tickets, they just sit there 2-3 weeks.
    So all these announcement, plans, etc, are just nothing.
    Funny thing is they announce this without any plan.
    You supposed to make a plan first then announce, they announce first, and face the wall.
    Weird management ever since they were bought by Root whatever.

  • @RLT_RandalB I don't want to open the can of worm, so let's just go apart.

  • LeeLee Member

    @MorningIris said:
    RLT_RandalB I don't want to open the can of worm, so let's just go apart.

    Well... Are you saying you were not migrated?

  • Want attention? Just name Colocrossing in title. Relevance? Zero to none. lol

  • LeeLee Member
    edited October 2013

    @GuanYu said:
    Want attention? Just name Colocrossing in title. Relevance? Zero to none. lol

    It is relevant the single biggest thing that is happening here is the move away from Colocrossing. That's generally what you do with a title, note the key things.

  • @W1V_Lee My ticket was sitting for 10 days after promising a box in LA, I asked again yesterday on LET to Chris Miller like 'why aren't you replying tickets?", suddenly, my vps was put in Orlando, FL without even asking.

  • @morningiris I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. I replied to your ticket earlier today and our technicians are ready to get you to LA within the next hour. Let me know :).

    Thanked by 1Lee
  • Folks listend....

    ____URPAD____IS____SHIT____

    Thanked by 2DragonDF switsys

    Professional lurker

  • @Makkesk8 Their hardware is solid, uptime is great, no complaints there, but since this Rootbeer bought urpad, it has been downhill.. ticket reply comes in as ServerSavior, sometimes as Rootwhatever, sometimes "never-heard-of-company", it's all over the place., if they reply.

  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Provider

    Seems like things have not paned out since the buyout. Shame to see it go to waste

    ColoCrossing.com - Premier Datacenter and Cloud Solutions for Business

  • DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013
    1. If you're like me and location is one of the primary factors when choosing a VPS then shiny new gear in a land far far away isn't going to be good news and a forced move by a provider from Iceland/UK/Luxembourg would be a reason to say Sayonara F***tards! Providers with low priced plans and shiny new gear are available in the EU too. The majority of my low end VPS's (i.e. <512MB RAM) are for slave DNS servers and geographically dispersed monitoring servers and if I setup a monitoring or DNS server in country A or city B there is a specific reason for choosing that location and I definitely would not be renewing my plan if a move was forced to a location thousands of miles away..

    2. W1V_Lee said "the single biggest thing that is happening here is the move away from Colocrossing". I'm going to disagree. I'm not a fan of ColoCrossing's network but I don't think their network was the only source of downtimes and poor performance in the CC locations. I think the single biggest thing that is happening here is that Urpad is moving away from the massively oversold overloaded E3's it was using to E5's with more RAM and more powerful processors. Only time will tell whether mo' RAM leads to better stability or just to overselling overloading on an even greater scale.

    Thanked by 2DragonDF switsys
  • We are still working out some bugs in our support system. :)

    @MorningIris said:
    Makkesk8 Their hardware is solid, uptime is great, no complaints there, but since this Rootbeer bought urpad, it has been downhill.. ticket reply comes in as ServerSavior, sometimes as Rootwhatever, sometimes "never-heard-of-company", it's all over the place., if they reply.

  • LeeLee Member
    edited October 2013

    Now now play nice with the other Children @CVPS_Chris. There are fewer complaints around when it comes to VPS services at URPad compared to CVPS.

    Few surely believed that RLT were not going to change things and to be honest the URPad box I have in Texas from the new boxes owned by RLT is far superior in every way in comparison to the CC one, take a look over at VPSBoard I posted the numbers there.

  • @DomainBop We understand that there are users that get locations for a specific reason, this is why we are offering refunds for the trouble. Please let me know if I can assist you.

    @DomainBop said:
    1. If you're like me and location is one of the primary factors when choosing a VPS then shiny new gear in a land far far away isn't going to be good news and a forced move by a provider from Iceland/UK/Luxembourg would be a reason to say Sayonara F***tards! Providers with low priced plans and shiny new gear are available in the EU too. The majority of my low end VPS's (i.e. <512MB RAM) are for slave DNS servers and geographically dispersed monitoring servers and if I setup a monitoring or DNS server in country A or city B there is a specific reason for choosing that location and I definitely would not be renewing my plan if a move was forced to a location thousands of miles away..

    1. W1V_Lee said "the single biggest thing that is happening here is the move away from Colocrossing". I'm going to disagree. I'm not a fan of ColoCrossing's network but I don't think their network was the only source of downtimes and poor performance in the CC locations. I think the single biggest thing that is happening here is that Urpad is moving away from the massively oversold overloaded E3's it was using to E5's with more RAM and more powerful processors. Only time will tell whether mo' RAM leads to better stability or just to overselling overloading on an even greater scale.
  • LeeLee Member

    @domainbop I agree on the overselling, it was just horrendous on the UK box(es) which is why I moved away from that location, but all I can say is what I have seen so far and that is much much better performance.

    P.S - By single biggest thing I meant that in terms of server volume the move from CC is the biggest aspect of the announcement.

    Thanked by 1Infinity
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Provider

    @W1V_Lee said:
    Now now play nice with the other Children CVPS_Chris. There are fewer complaints around when it comes to VPS services at URPad compared to CVPS.

    Few surely believed that RLT were not going to change things and to be honest the URPad box I have in Texas from the new boxes owned by RLT is far superior in every way in comparison to the CC one, take a look over at that other site I posted the numbers there.

    Fixed That For You

    Thanked by 2Lee ChrisMiller
  • @CVPS_Chris said:
    Seems like things have not paned out since the buyout. Shame to see it go to waste

    Seems more like a greater opportunity to me, CC isn't always the greatest and best, I guess you have to be somewhat bias don't you.

  • jimpopjimpop Member
    edited October 2013

    I hate to be the one to say it, but constant IP address changes are signs of immaturity. RamNode, nor even CVPS, would never pull these kinds of stunts.

  • Please tell me they aren't closing the Seattle one too...

  • That's why we are changing everyone to IP's owned by us.

    @jimpop said:
    I hate to be the one to say it, but constant IP address changes are signs of immaturity. RamNode, nor even CVPS, would never pull these kinds of stunts.

  • LeeLee Member
    edited October 2013

    @jimpop said:
    I hate to be the one to say it, but constant IP address changes are signs of immaturity. RamNode, nor even CVPS, would never pull these kinds of stunts.

    Well it depends how you look at it. URPad are pretty much serving everything off CC IP's (mostly) so in order to get away from that you need your own so whilst yes it's a pain there is good reason in this case and it should not need to happen again.

    But depending on the location you are/were in an IP change is just simply inevetible.

  • jimpopjimpop Member
    edited October 2013

    @W1V_Lee said:
    But depending on the location you are/were in an IP change is just simply inevetible.

    And for some people it's twice within 2 months.

  • @jimpop said:
    I hate to be the one to say it, but constant IP address changes are signs of immaturity. RamNode, nor even CVPS, would never pull these kinds of stunts.

    The possibility of constant IP changes is one reason I prefer VPS providers who have their own IP space.

    @RLT_RandalB said:
    That's why we are changing everyone to IP's owned by us.

    Very good decision,

Sign In or Register to comment.