Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for storage VPS 2TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for storage VPS 2TB

I need a VPS with ~2TB storage at any location, not worried about speed / RAM etc.

What are the best options? I like OpenVZ but they're OOS.

Comments

• imokimok Member

quacktacular said: I like OpenVZ but they're OOS

Do you mean openvz.io?

Anyway, you will find something at https://www.lowendstorage.win/

• You can look at KimSufi KS3: https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk14

7.99€/mo for 2TB
    9.99€ set up fee

• @UltraVPS

Storage Special 2 - 10€ / month
    https://ultravps.eu/

Thanked by 2v3ng UltraVPS
  • @HowLowCanYouGo said:
    You can look at KimSufi KS3

How does the Atom N2800 in these servers fare with encryption and compression jobs for, say, SSHFS?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2018

@nobizzle said:
    @UltraVPS

Storage Special 2 - 10€ / month
    https://ultravps.eu/

pretty sure the last time I looked that was under yearly pricing 120Euros now at 6mos for 60 Euros.

If OP can pony up 12060 at once, this is one of best choices.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Why not check our new line ?

http://letbox.com/page/cloud

You can add up to 4tb in the order configuration!

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We are going to be bringing up some storage VPS in HK.

RAM = 1GB
    Disk = 150GB
    CPU = 1vCPU Core (Xeon E3v5/v6)
    Bandwidth = 1TB /month data transfer on 1G Port
    Location = Hong Kong

US$7 /month

Additional Disk 50GB disk space is an extra $0.50 /month.

Additional 1TB Data Transfer is an extra $5 /month.

• randvegeta said: We are going to be bringing up some storage VPS in HK.

Not trying to be a dick here, but this is pretty much just blatant and outright spamming of your advertisement. While it is a storage product, it in no way at all meets the requirements set by the OP. Most specifically they fact you offered a 150GB storage option when the request is for 2TB. I am all for posting offers where applicable, but this just feels dirty (like you feel after sex with a cheap hooker).

Not saying you should redact your post, but you should redact your post.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

@TheLinuxBug said:

randvegeta said: We are going to be bringing up some storage VPS in HK.

Not trying to be a dick here, but this is pretty much just blatant and outright spamming of your advertisement. While it is a storage product, it in no way at all meets the requirements set by the OP. Most specifically they fact you offered a 150GB storage option when the request is for 2TB. I am all for posting offers where applicable, but this just feels dirty (like you feel after sex with a cheap hooker).

Not saying you should redact your post, but you should redact your post.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Um... did you happen to see the part where an extra 50GB is 50c? I know I didn't explicitly state that with 2TB it would cost $25.50 /m but I figured people would just add it up together.

The OP said "~2TB", which as far as I understand means 'less than 2TB'.

Or did I miss something?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2018

If you prefer month-by-month, , Wishosting has 1.8TB KVM in OVH canada. (+ unmetered 500mbit uplink)
    ($9.99/mo 'KVM Storage CA') https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

If you can do 6mo prepay and prefer EU, UltraVPS.eu has 2TB for (60EUR/ USD $72 )/6mo in Amsterdam . https://www.ultravps.eu/order/order.pl?cat=cloudserver_storage&lang=en

• williewillie Member

randvegeta said:

Or did I miss something?

"~" means approximately. So ~2TB means approximately 2TB.

• +1 for wishosting

Thanked by 1exception0x876

@willie said:

randvegeta said:

Or did I miss something?

Does it? I always though that's what the double tilde meant, and the single tilde means something like upto (not exactly the same as '<' less than.).

In either case, I did provide the information necessary to get the price for "~2TB" so I'm not sure what the problem is.

The OP didn't post any other requirements, like bandwidth, so I provide the information to work out pricing on your own.

Apparently that makes me a spammer?

• @randvegeta said:

@willie said:

randvegeta said:

Or did I miss something?

Does it? I always though that's what the double tilde meant, and the single tilde means something like upto (not exactly the same as '<' less than.).

In either case, I did provide the information necessary to get the price for "~2TB" so I'm not sure what the problem is.

The OP didn't post any other requirements, like bandwidth, so I provide the information to work out pricing on your own.

Apparently that makes me a spammer?

DOUBLE TILDE????? What country or education system are you coming from. This isn't a programing class.

needavps said: DOUBLE TILDE?????

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

!

needavps said: What country or education system are you coming from

Hong Kong - UK system.

• @randvegeta said:
    Hong Kong - UK system.

Good to know both failed you on what approximately and approximately equal means.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • @randvegeta said:
    We are going to be bringing up some storage VPS in HK.

RAM = 1GB
    Disk = 150GB
    CPU = 1vCPU Core (Xeon E3v5/v6)
    Bandwidth = 1TB /month data transfer on 1G Port
    Location = Hong Kong

US$7 /month

Additional Disk 50GB disk space is an extra $0.50 /month.

Additional 1TB Data Transfer is an extra $5 /month.

This looks good for a HK location, despite of this thread topic. Waiting for further information...

Thanked by 1randvegeta

@needavps said:

@randvegeta said:
    Hong Kong - UK system.

Good to know both failed you on what approximately and approximately equal means.

Man the internet is harsh. I mean you go through 1 education system, and apparantly I disappoint both HK and the UK in 1 sweeping go. The burden is heavy.

• Definitely wishosting. Letbox with @key900's new plans are nice too. Sys arm storage dedis can be had cheap too.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

randvegeta said: Does it? I always though that's what the double tilde meant, and the single tilde means something like upto (not exactly the same as '<' less than.).

Upto would be <= or ≤ in unicode-ese. ~ as approximation is not a mathematical symbol, it's just informal, since it's usually not easy to type ≈ on a keyboard. Mathematically it can mean "proportional to" (like if you were describing similar triangles).

I don't think your post was actual spam, but the person was looking for a 2TB plan in any location, and the large size and the location flexibility suggests that they're looking for cheap bulk storage wherever they can find it. So suggesting a plan in one of the most expensive possible locations, that's scaled up from a smaller plan at higher cost/TB than a large plan would usually have, was probably not very helpful.

My own feeling as a storage junkie is that cheap storage around here is ≤ $5/month/TB and anything above $10/TB without special characteristics isn't worth looking at. Admittedly a premium location like HK would count as a special characteristic, but OP wasn't looking for that.