Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN Calculator feedback
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN Calculator feedback

Hey all, I decided to create an easy to use calculator that would allow you to quickly calculate your expenses and find the cheapest CDN.

https://deploy-preview-10--www-cdnperf-com.netlify.com/tools/cdn-calculator

Let me know what you think. I would also be grateful for bug reports like wrong pricing logic, wrong numbers...

Comments

• how about add minimum payment/deposit for each listed CDN if they dont had pay as you go plan?

Thanked by 1yomero
  • mrclownmrclown Member
    edited July 2018

Very nice one for multi-CDN as well. Can you do single + combined recommendation depends on traffics distribution?

Not sure how accurate your pricing is. Because most premium CDN would have very good discount based on committed volume which could be cheaper for higher traffics usage.

• /me is that subdomain?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key

on your captcha

• jimaekjimaek Member

The pricing is based on their public plans. Obviously we can't take into account discounts that providers do for heavy users and custom contracts.

multi-cdn pricing would be a lot more complicated, maybe a bit later if more people request it

@Cloudiver yeah because its under the netlify domain, its a pull request preview for the new feature. Captcha works fine here https://www.cdnperf.com/

• RodneyRodney Member

I would also include BunnyCDN's "volume" pricing. The percentage distribution also feels somewhat tedious to use, maybe turning it into sliders that automatically compensate if you reduce one would be easier.

• jimaekjimaek Member

@Rodney there wasn't much space in there so sliders would not fit well.

There are other providers that have "volume" pricing as well but they all disable some of the locations which makes it unfair to other CDNs.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Would be interested to see if IBMs Akamai is different from Azures Akamai, any tests in that regard?

• RodneyRodney Member

@jimaek said:
    @Rodney there wasn't much space in there so sliders would not fit well.

How about a "zero out" button then? Or to make editing a little easier by automatically selecting the number when you select a cell.

There are other providers that have "volume" pricing as well but they all disable some of the locations which makes it unfair to other CDNs.

Fair enough. Having an option to see the absolute rock-bottom price for all providers would be nice as well though. For example I have 100% EU traffic mostly from in and around germany. BunnyCDN's volume PoPs work decently for that.

• The answer is always Bunnycdn

• jimaekjimaek Member

@nik I doubt it but can't be 100% sure

@Rodney I will note to do it, thanks

@corbpie not always, but not everyone wants the absolute cheapest CDN. Some want to compare 2-3 preferred CDNs

• imokimok Member

What if you show the sum of the inputs?

Thanked by 1DETio
  • TomTom Member
    edited July 2018

@jimaek something up with the raw log calculator?

Shows $50, adds $0.0050?

• jimaekjimaek Member

Good find, will fix it soon

Thanked by 1Tom
  • DarioXDarioX Member

Nice tool thanks

• ZerpyZerpy Member

I think you should show the worldwide response time as well - that way no one would choose BelugaCDN because they cheat with their pops and thus getting an awful latency in real life ^_^

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

Should probably also add that beluga doesn’t actually have 28 PoPs at all, at least not for the base price. Last time I checked the normal pricing only had their 9 “Super PoPs”.

• jimaekjimaek Member

@bunnyspeed Their website is very confusing, can you point me somewhere to correct our info about beluga?

@Zerpy Yes, I will try to add that soon, but only for the CDNs we have data for

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

It's something I noticed while running some tests a while ago. Of course I can't say what the actual situation is. They also list 9 PoPs on https://www.cdnoverview.com/cdn/belugacdn/ and there's something I found a few days ago https://www.webhostwhat.com/belugacdn-warning-consider-this-beluga-cdn-alternative/

Our SuperPOP network is enabled by default (New York, Miami, Dallas, San Jose, Seattle, Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt).

For the majority of clients, these locations provide satisfactory performance all around the > world, at the super cost-effective rates we offer.

Other POPs, like Singapore, are available and can be enabled, however this is done on a per-> client basis.

Might be best to just talk to them I guess, no point in speculating things.

• Input box too big on S7 EDGE
    imgur.com/MKWvroz

• jimaekjimaek Member
    • Fixed a few pricing bugs
    • Updated POPs numbers
    • Added latency data based on perfops.net data
    • Made it look better on smaller screens

If anyone finds any other bugs let me know

• jimaekjimaek Member

I can't edit the original post to add the new link, so here it is https://www.cdnperf.com/tools/cdn-calculator

Its live, thanks for everyone that helped. All new changes will be deployed directly to production.

• TomTom Member

@jimaek maybe Math.round?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Tom said:

Better solution would be .toFixed(2)

Thanked by 1Tom
  • jimaekjimaek Member

Yep, I will fix it today with a few more changes

Thanked by 1Tom
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

The Beluga website looks a bit like Vultr, is Beluga part of Vultr?

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

@nik said:
    The Beluga website looks a bit like Vultr, is Beluga part of Vultr?

No, more like part of isprime.

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited July 2018

@Tom said:

I believe we call that differentiation in marketing.

• jimaekjimaek Member

This bug should be already fixed :)

• vovlervovler Member

@jimaek said:
    This bug should be already fixed :)

Doesn't seem like it