Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[REQUEST][ENDED] Domains with Free Google Apps 10+ users
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[REQUEST][ENDED] Domains with Free Google Apps 10+ users

SantiagoSantiago Member
edited October 2013 in Requests

Outlook is down again, (F***) today I have lost a lot of business opportunities because I wasn't able to send/receive emails, lots of potential clients...

I need a domains with Free Google Apps with 10+ users

I am willing to pay 50USD (Still a Uni student, trying to save).

I will pay with paypal
PM me or leave a comment below. Thanks

[Update] Thanks to anyone who has PMd me. I have placed a bid on ebay for a domain with 50 accounts for 20USD, since I cannot retract my bid, I wont be able to give an answer to anyone until the bid ends.Thanks again

[Update][ENDED] Thanks for all the helpful offers, just bought a domain with GApps a few hours ago.Just in case someone is curious about the price: .biz 25USD/50users.

Comments

• Ya I think I still have one with 10. Is that alright?

• SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited October 2013

We are just a small team of engineering students starting a business so 10 should be enough, 50 preferable, we are also considering buying on eBay.

Right now we are considering this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Domain-with-Standard-Edition-Google-Apps-Account-100-FREE-Users-/190930968379?pt=Domain_Names&hash=item2c745f5f3b

Any recommendations before buying this kind of accounts?

@skybucks feel free to pm me some details, (we want to buy a few more for some of our clients) thank you for your fast reply

• So what do you do the next time when gmail goes down? Back to square one?
    How about getting some VPS/cloud instance from a reputable and reliable provider and hosting your own mail server? I mean something like Prometeus/Iwstack, RamNode, Digital Ocean?

• I got an old uni.cc one (100 users) that I'd be will to let go of -- domain not included of course as the uni.cc domain is gone now...

• @rds100 how often this happens and what makes something like Digital Ocean more stable than gmail? :)

edited October 2013

It has happened to us twice (with Live domains) in the last month, the problem is still going on:

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2013

@Spirit the last thread about gmail fckup i read was a few weeks ago i think?

edit: quick googling turned out this - http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/09/23/having-problems-with-gmail-today-dont-worry-its-not-just-you/

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

@rds100 said:
    Spirit the last thread about gmail fckup i read was a few weeks ago i think?

I remember it but personally didn't experienced it yet in all those years. However I experienced downtimes with 2 hosts out of 3 you recommended. I am not saying that it's bad to host mailserver with VPS providers but also not buying argument that "gmail can go down, host is with VPS because of that".

• @Spirit ok, i agree :) I've only used one of the 3 mentioned above and haven't experiened any outage worth mentioning yet, but i haven't used it for anything important or intensive either.

• @rds100 said:
    Spirit the last thread about gmail fckup i read was a few weeks ago i think?

That was the first major event in years, and got fixed in a couple of hours. Hardly comparable to the uptime of an LEB host.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

@amarc

It is in: Domain settings -> Subscriptions & Billing

Another way to see it is:

Log in to your GApps account. Select "Manage" to get to the GApps control panel. In the bottom right, click "Send Feedback". Put anything in the text box. Hit Next, then again. On the final screen before sending (don't send Google empty feedback), there's a lot of debug info in the bottom left side (ie. MaxGoogleAppsAccounts: 10)

• [Update] Thanks to anyone who has PMd me. I have placed a bid on ebay for a domain with 50 accounts for 20USD, since I cannot retract my bid, I wont be able to give a final answer to anyone until the bid ends.Thanks again

• AppDevAppDev Member
    edited October 2013

@Santiago

I can provide a .org domain with 100 users for $50. PM me if you're interested.

• I also have some domains I no longer need that have free GApps accounts attached. A low-value domain with 10 users would be less than 10 USD.

• I have a now-useless domain (currently in the cheaper end of redemption, too..) with 200 accounts if OP (or anyone else?) wants it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I have one with 20 or 50, I dont really remember. The domain is not included, but is not registered atm.

• Can you change the domain?

edited October 2013

From Google:
    "If you've already purchased a Google Apps subscription for your current primary domain, you can't transfer your subscription to a new domain name. When you create a new Google Apps account for a new domain name, you will be charged for each user account that you create. If you don't want to purchase Google Apps for two separate domain names, disable automatic renewals on your current account and make the change at the end of your current subscription."

You can add new domains, but it is not possible to change the "primary domain"

• There's nothing special about a primary domain, other than catch-all accounts.I believe you can do that only for the primary domain.

Thanked by 1johhhn
  • I agree with @joelgm

All the functionalities are still there

Thanked by 1johhhn
  • @Santiago
    I have a google apps account with 100 users but no domain. Let me know if you're interested.

• So who still got a google apps account? I'd be interested on something less than $10...

• @DalComp said:
    So who still got a google apps account? I'd be interested on something less than $10...

I have a 10 free user one

• @DalComp said:
    So who still got a google apps account? I'd be interested on something less than $10...

That's very optimistic but it doesn't cover even domain reg fee.

• Are there any disadvantages to getting someone's free Google Apps account if it has an expired/unregistered primary domain? Say, could someone else register the domain and somehow take control over the account?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

Say, could someone else register the domain and somehow take control over the account?

Yes of course. Pretty simple.
    Domain owner need to go to password reset page https://admin.google.com/YOURDOMAIN.COM/VerifyAdminAccountPasswordReset to verify domain ownership with code he get from google and set it up as CNAME in domain DNS record. Once this is confirmed google sends him reset url to secondary password recovery email address he entered in this process.
    Bigger problem than losing account itself is that person with domain control gain access also to all mail accounts, google documents, and other apps... under this account.

• I was about to mention all of that, you are more secure buying the domain that has google apps already setup.

• @DalComp I do have a domain that I can push for 8 USD. I'll PM you the details.

• [Update][ENDED] Thanks for all the helpful offers, just bought a domain with GApps a few hours ago.

Just in case someone is curious about the price: .biz 25USD/50users.

• @Santiago Can you PM me from where you got 50Users. I require more users for my client. Thanks