Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Solved] Hostsolutions.ro server installation problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Solved] Hostsolutions.ro server installation problem

lowendclientlowendclient Member
edited July 2018 in Help

Update:

The problem solved with changing server, and compensated me 1 day usage time.

Many thanks to LET friends' help and support !!

[Original content]

Hello everyone,

I've bought a hostsolutions.ro dedicated server days before and met some problem while install system.

The product gives me a panel in WHMCS and no independent IPMI control address, only serveral buttons: Reinstall, Rescue Mode, KVM Console, BMC Reset, Traffic Graphs

I used reinstall to install systems, but everytime it stucks in some process. Such as the installation of CentOS 7, the process like:

Installation Process

21.07.2018 12:52:03 Installation started

21.07.2018 12:52:07 IPMI: power cycle and set boot device to pxe.............................................................................................................

21.07.2018 12:54:46 Requested DHCP lease.....

21.07.2018 12:54:54 Retrieved file /images/pxeboot/initrd.img........................................

21.07.2018 12:55:40 Retrieved installation information (template 'rh')

21.07.2018 12:55:42 Retrieved file /LiveOS/squashfs.img........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Which stucks at the final step. I also tried to Reset BMC and install other systems, but each system installation stucks at different process.

Debian 9 (waited 6 hrs.) & 8 (waited 1 hrs.): Retrieved file /firmware.cpio.gz'

Ubuntu 18.04 (waited 6 hrs.) & 16.04 (waited 1 hrs.) & 14.04 (waited 1 hrs.): Retrieved file /pool/main/d/dmraid/libdmraid1.0.0.rc16-udeb_1.0.0.rc16-8ubuntu1_amd64.udeb

CentOS 7: Retrieved file /LiveOS/squashfs.img

CentOS 6: Retrieved file /repodata/repomd.xml

Scientific Linux: Error downloading: http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/os/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz

I even tried to install Rescue Mode, but it also stuck in some process (cant remember) for more than 1 hrs and finally I stopped it.

I used Java Web Launcher to open the KVM console but failed (seems the codebase is a local address):

ExitException[ 3]com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Failed to load resource: https://172.21..:443/html/intgapp_099.jar

at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.downloadResources(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2Manager.loadJarFiles(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Sent a ticket and got respond: 'for the moment jessie is not work, any other template is work.', indeed some of my neighbour IP seems installed their system successfully.

Now the situation is I can't find any way to install any system or access to IPMI console, not to say using the system :(, there's also another guy met the same problem on hostloc.com

I'd like to seek some advice from you, is this my own problem of using or the collapse of the seller's Linux repository? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• drop the server and migrate to a better / working one?

• ehabehab Member

they should remove the non working os option from the available list.

in the mean time if you are in a 5 days refund period you can ask for termination and refund. Otherwise, open a ticket and ask them to install an iso or other supported OS.

what i know is the install part has always a hiccup after that the sever should be oky. Its up to you to drop or survive with those limitations.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited July 2018

Thanks so much! I'll contact with @cociu

Now I tried and found an obviously template error XD, it must be their repository problem:

21.07.2018 14:27:51 Error downloading: http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/os/images/pxeboot/vmlinuz

• FalzoFalzo Member

Thanked by 2lowendclient default
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I wouldn't use templates anyway on a dedi.

Just mount any of the available ISOs that is similar to what you want, use the KVM console and install the OS yourself. The trick is in the partitioning. Just create an additional partition (1.5 - 2 GB is usually enough) into which you install the "temporary" OS (say, an older version of the OS you want). Once that is done you have an OS that you know well and that boots. From there you can then download whatever ISO you want, mount it and install the OS you want on the remaining large partition.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • ehabehab Member

@jsg said:

have you tried Hostsolutions.ro before? then maybe most of the above won't happen.-

Thanked by 1lowendclient

@ehab said:

@jsg said:

have you tried Hostsolutions.ro before? then maybe most of the above won't happen.-

Why? Are their servers from another universe? I've used that routine on quite a few servers over the years and it worked fine as long as one gets at a (KVM, IPMI, whatever) console and has at least one useable ISO available. In fact, it would also work with a pre-installed OS but those template installations are often not optimal for the purpose (too fat, too much configured and maybe strangely, etc).

Thanked by 1lowendclient
    edited July 2018

@jsg said:

@ehab said:

@jsg said:

Why? Are their servers from another universe? I've used that routine on quite a few servers over the years and it worked fine as long as one gets at a (KVM, IPMI, whatever) console and has at least one useable ISO available. In fact, it would also work with a pre-installed OS but those template installations are often not optimal for the purpose (too fat, too much configured and maybe strangely, etc).

Yes, nope. No available KVM console, no available IPMI address, no available ISO/system (As what I tried). And no replied to my ticket now...

Nothing can be used for me connecting to my server XD, what I can do is wait...

@lowendclient said:
    Yes, nope. No available KVM console, no available IPMI address, no available ISO/system (As what I tried). And no replied to my ticket now...

Oops, sorry to hear that. But not all hope is lost yet. I've had some providers who had some protection mechanism blocking access to IPMI, maybe Hostsolutions is also one of them.

Right now it seems you are stuck in the weekend and the resolution (if there is one which I assume) will come only on monday.

I'd hate that too but let's be fair. When you buy a very cheap hosting product there WILL always be some corners cut, support response time (especially during weekends) is a typical one.

I'll follow this thread and as soon as you can get to work on the server I'll be here to help you if I can.

Until then: I assume you have a rescue or minimal template available? If so there might be a way without IPMI/KVM.

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • @lowendclient said:

beware he might call you idiot.

Lets hope is not another delimiter long un-usable server

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • @jsg said:

@lowendclient said:

Oops, sorry to hear that. But not all hope is lost yet. I've had some providers who had some protection mechanism blocking access to IPMI, maybe Hostsolutions is also one of them.

Right now it seems you are stuck in the weekend and the resolution (if there is one which I assume) will come only on monday.

I'd hate that too but let's be fair. When you buy a very cheap hosting product there WILL always be some corners cut, support response time (especially during weekends) is a typical one.

I'll follow this thread and as soon as you can get to work on the server I'll be here to help you if I can.

Until then: I assume you have a rescue or minimal template available? If so there might be a way without IPMI/KVM.

Thank you for your help !! Fortunately, I don't need it these days, I'll enjoy the weekend as well and wait for their respond :D

edited July 2018

@sibaper said:

@lowendclient said:

beware he might call you idiot.

Lets hope is not another delimiter long un-usable server

Haha, I didn't use paypal to buy it and not so anxious, dispute won't happen unless there's no one repond in a week...

Just here to find possible ways to solve it myself, but it seems nothing I can do yet :P

• Open a ticket and don't bump it, otherwise you would be at the last of the queue...

Thanked by 1lowendclient
    edited July 2018

@JerryHou said:
    Open a ticket and don't bump it, otherwise you would be at the last of the queue...

Thanks, I've opened and waiting for it.

Instead of reply to the old ticket, I'd rather open a new one.

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2018

i dont see way this thread will be usefull for you , its a controller problem here is not detect the hdd for some reason. Will be replaced tumorrow and all will be happy. Next time try to wait the tiket response.

Edit : more hi have push in the tiket and this is wrost ... but never mind , the server is replaced so i hope all people will be happy :)

• @cociu said:
    i dont see way this thread will be usefull for you , its a controller problem here is not detect the hdd for some reason. Will be replaced tumorrow and all will be happy. Next time try to wait the tiket response.

To be fair, this thread doesn't read like a complaint thread, more like a "I have this problem does anyone else have it, and if so, how did you fix it" thread.

• cociucociu Member

teamacc said: To be fair, this thread doesn't read like a complaint thread, more like a "I have this problem does anyone else have it, and if so, how did you fix it" thread.

true , but was clearly a broke server in middle so withowt replace what hi can do more ? i just give him another one and will be fullin functionally in some minutes.

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2018

jsg said: I've had some providers who had some protection mechanism blocking access to IPMI, maybe Hostsolutions is also one of them.

our kvm console is accesible only with a vpn but in this offer i have not offered this , so maybe we will provide maybe not.

• @cociu said:

teamacc said: To be fair, this thread doesn't read like a complaint thread, more like a "I have this problem does anyone else have it, and if so, how did you fix it" thread.

true , but was clearly a broke server in middle so withowt replace what hi can do more ? i just give him another one and will be fullin functionally in some minutes.

He is trying to find a solution of his own, not knowing that he was given a broken server. I applaud him for that.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@teamacc said:

@cociu said:

He is trying to find a solution of his own, not knowing that he was given a broken server. I applaud him for that.

Cheers to more Customers like the OP!

• cociucociu Member

Clouvider said: Cheers to more Customers like the OP!

true , at least was test all the possibilities nothing to complain

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • cociucociu Member

the server is replaced/installed for all this who like to comment unnecesarry.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    edited July 2018

Thanks for understand and friends who replied assists a lot !

The thread when I open it was trying to find if there's something wrong with my operating. Because I saw my neighbour IP's machine works and some people who bought it also said it is normal.

However, after opened the ticket I tried another several times installation and failed, so I then confirmed it was the machine's problem. And I learned from your replies that the KVM console with local IP can't use like directly. (Before there's sb. tought me to install a JRE environment and then I can connect to it)

I'm an old customer of hostsolutions and understand the style they deal with things, didn't mean to complain, just want to find a way to solve it myself to save time. Anyway, the problem solved and cociu gives me 1 day time's compensate, they are responsibly.

Thanks again to LET's friends!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

LET is the ultimate support desk.

Our slogan is simple, yet effective: We always let you down.

• @deank said:
    LET is the ultimate support desk.

Our slogan is simple, yet effective: We always let you down.

Leared a lot from these replies, at least now I know the way to use KVM console :D
    (I was really amateur about that before)

• Thread closed.

Working title: the end is here. @deank

This discussion has been closed.