Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your recommendation for managed cPanel VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your recommendation for managed cPanel VPS

36062023606202 Member

Hi there,

I am looking for your recommendations (user recommendations, not provider offers) for managed cPanel VPS providers. I tend to go with KnownHost or FutureHosting, but maybe you have some better recommendations. It does not have to be an EU company, but them having an EU location for the VPS is a must.

I guess that everything with 2 cores+, 2 GB+ and 50 GB (preferrably SSD)+ would do.
Budget is at EUR 20-40 per month, not much management needed. Maybe 5 tickets a year. But if I ever need support, then it would be great if they are quick and knowledgeable.

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

I would not have in mind to hire a VPS, and a separate administration service

I know 24x7servermanagement.com are very good.

Maybe they can give you an offer for the total number of tickets they speak.

if it's not in your budget

KnownHost, has a great group, very good.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Removed

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@BharatB said:
    @3606202

Please open a ticket with us @ https://qovic.com/ we can hook you up with our pure SSD KVM plans which higher storage and cPanel license as well. We offer DDoS protection as well and our servers are located at Psychz,LA.

@3606202 said:
    Hi there,

I am looking for your recommendations (user recommendations, not provider offers)

• LowVMLowVM Member

2gb RAM is not enough for cPanel. 3GB - 4GB recommend by cpanel.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

• I would recommend KnownHost, we hosted our company's website with them for 6 months with no issues until we upgraded to Dedicated server with NFOrce.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

KnownHost is a good pick.

You can talk with @KnownHostChrisM and he'll get you sorted.

Francisco

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@LowVM said:
    2gb RAM is not enough for cPanel. 3GB - 4GB recommend by cpanel.

Something new as cPanel company recommend 2GB of RAM (check the cPanel requirements). More memory better for heavy loaded server.

• I would recommend KnownHost, we hosted our company's website with them for 6 months with no issues

KnownHost is a good pick.

You can talk with @KnownHostChrisM and he'll get you sorted.

Francisco

Thanks for Recommending us!

Our MVPS-1 package fits your needs: https://www.knownhost.com/managed-ssd-vps.html It is $28/month when paid yearly or $35/month when paid monthly.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to help. :)

• lazytlazyt Member

And a dollar more if you want Softaculous

• Thank you all. I was hoping for some more quality suggestions in terms of concrete provider names, but I guess the "Managed cPanel VPS" market has become quite consolidated compared to the past...

What holds me back a bit is that both Knownhost and Futurehosting seem to use Virtuozzo/OpenVZ as base for their offers. Is that still state of the art today? I could imagine some 2.x Linux kernel behind that.

So, still searching and open to any good recommendation!

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@3606202 said:
    What holds me back a bit is that both Knownhost and Futurehosting seem to use Virtuozzo/OpenVZ as base for their offers. Is that still state of the art today? I could imagine some 2.x Linux kernel behind that.

Your budget seems a bit tight for a quality managed cPanel VPS based on KVM.

• 3606202 said: So, still searching and open to any good recommendation!

We also have our Cloud VPS here: https://www.knownhost.com/managed-cloud-kvm-hosting.html which use the KVM technology. The Cloud-1 is starting at $50.40/month when paid yearly or $56.00/month when paid monthly.

If you have any questions about our Cloud be sure to let us know.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited July 2018

For quality managed VPS go with clustered.net .. (EDIT) but its out of your budget

eurovps.com is also a good option and I hve just open their website and it show a 50% for life discount

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Anyone who ever uses

www.tmzvps.com

I do not know what they will be like now.

• Quality <> Cheap ..

Please think carefully before you chose or otherwise try hosting yourself on some reliable VM/VPS to start shaping out. Then you will surely realise the pains and funs at the same time whether to move for managed service or not.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

Nothing beats the luxury of learning and managing your own server.

• niceboy said: Nothing beats the luxury of learning and managing your own server.

Nah, I did that for too long and prefer spending my free time with friends & family in the meantime. ;)

Budget is not set in stone. I am thankful for those additional hints and will do my research based on that! Thank you, guys!