Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for all the options about high bandwidth at Psychz CN2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for all the options about high bandwidth at Psychz CN2

DearTankerDearTanker Member
edited July 2018 in Requests

Virtualization: KVM

Number of Cores: 1C

RAM: 1G

Disk Space: 10G SSD

Bandwidth: 20T or Unmetered

Port Speed: 1Gbps Shared

DDoS Protection: not require

Number of IPs:1 IPv4 Asia Optimized route

Budget: please make your offer

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You're going to be $200/m for 20tb of cn2.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

When will your Dedicated KVM Slices have more stock available?

@DearTanker said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Sooooooon.

We will have China bandwidth but we aren't giving 20TB on any small plans.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@DearTanker said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Sooooooon.

We will have China bandwidth but we aren't giving 20TB on any small plans.

Francisco

Recently your plan says Unmetered Bandwidth. It seems attractive, Is it gone?

DearTanker said: Recently your plan says Unmetered Bandwidth. It seems attractive, Is it gone?

It's unmetered..for non CN2 traffic.

I'm not going to give you unmetered CN2 for anything less than multiple thousand a month.

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Reporting @Francisco for a murder.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Dreams crashed. Reality checked in.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

Unmetered CN2 ? Wowwwww!!!!!!!

• zkyezzkyez Member

@Francisco said:
    I'm not going to give you unmetered CN2 for anything less than multiple thousand a month.

Francisco

You've made me genuinely curious. Why is China bandwidth so expensive? Bonus question: CN2 refers to China Telecom next gen network (google said that). What exactly IS CN2?

Thank you for your time.

• DearTankerDearTanker Member
    edited July 2018

@Francisco said:

DearTanker said: Recently your plan says Unmetered Bandwidth. It seems attractive, Is it gone?

Francisco

Thank u for your reply.

maybe this is the only one in the world offer umetered CN2 with ridiculous price.

https://dedione.com/members/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

@DearTanker said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Thank u for your reply.

maybe this is the only one in the world offer umetered CN2 with ridiculous price.

https://dedione.com/members/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Their GIA isn't unmetered.

Francisco

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

@zkyez said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

You've made me genuinely curious. Why is China bandwidth so expensive? Bonus question: CN2 refers to China Telecom next gen network (google said that). What exactly IS CN2?

Thank you for your time.

I would guess since their telecom companies are owned by the government it has to do with A.) Bringing money to the government from outside entities B.) Supporting their mass censorship / GFW

I'd like to know too really, and those are the only two logical things I can think of.

• crpatelcrpatel Member
    edited July 2018

zkyez said: What exactly IS CN2

Maybe this could help.

In mid 2005, China Telecom announced its commercial roll-out of China Telecom's Next Generation Carrying Network, or CN2, using Internet Protocol Next-Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture. It's IPv6-capable backbone network leverages softswitches (the control layer) and protocols like DiffServ and MPLS, which boosts the performance of its bearer layer. The MPLS-optimized architecture also enables Frame Relay and ATM traffic to be transported over a Layer 2 VPN, which supports both legacy traffic and new IP services over a single IP/MPLS network. (from wikipedia)

• DearTankerDearTanker Member
    edited July 2018

@winnervps said:
    Unmetered CN2 ? Wowwwww!!!!!!!

OK, there is a ref problem, check this link again:

https://dedione.com/members/aff.php?aff=1&pid=33

from blog:https://www.zhujiceping.com/30391.html

and it is annually price.

DearTanker said: and it is annually price.

And there's the problem.

You have no promise you'll get CN2 in a month or two and you're stuck trying to charge back on the guy.

It's extremely common for some providers to get a 100mbit drop of CN2 and milk that thing dry and people end up getting more or less the speed they would on an HE port. But, they now have the "CN2!!!" marketing swing.

Francisco

Thanked by 1file
  • winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

CN2 seems be a word of magic in the marketing, nowadays. People will find its way later or sooner than later. No need for us to argue, just let them goes by. Time will tell, at last. Well, the end is nigh (I forgot whose quote is this ;))
    +1 @Francisco

• @winnervps said:
    CN2 seems be a word of magic in the marketing, nowadays. People will find its way later or sooner than later. No need for us to argue, just let them goes by. Time will tell, at last. Well, the end is nigh (I forgot whose quote is this ;))
    +1 @Francisco

@deank, you’ve taught the community something.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited July 2018

"China Optimized" and "CN2" mean nothing now (unless this server is in southeast Asia). For example, I get > 300ms ping to most "CN2" or "China Optimized" Servers, while I get 200ms ish ping to Vultr in Los Angeles (China Unicom in the North East of China)

If you want a decent china route, my suggestion is to get a server in South Korea (on the Korea Telecom network) or Japan with a Japanese provider (i.e. KDDI). You wont be getting 20TB of bandwidth without paying hundreds of dollars a month.