Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NodeDeploy sold to Xavvo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NodeDeploy sold to Xavvo?

I received an email that NodeDeploy are now part of a group named Xavvo.

How good is their reputation?

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Care to post the e-mail?

• Xavvo is @martind 's outfit incase anyone is wondering.

• They own MiniVPS who I have been with for a long time now, have been very reliable so far with fast support when I have needed it. :)

• DeanDean Member
    edited October 2013

@joepie91 - just for you :) I received also.

Dear Dean,

We've got some exciting news! As of Tuesday 8th October, NodeDeploy has been taken over by Xavvo Ltd. We're very experienced in running hosting companies and are known for pairing high-quality hosting with excellent support. We're going to be bringing our ethos to NodeDeploy and are very excited about doing so.

We won't be raising prices or causing you any disruption, but will be making many improvements. In this email we have outlined a few of our priorities and what they mean to you. To find out more, or to add your own suggestions, feel free to get in touch with us via the Helpdesk - https://nodedeploy.com/clients/submitticket.php - or you can email us directly on [email protected].

To I would also like to reassure all customers at this point that there will be NO changes to your current services with NodeDeploy - No IP address changes, no location changes and no hardware changes. The only changes we are making relate to support and reliability improvements across all of NodeDeploy's services.

Our primary aim is to ensure our customers are happy. Over the past few days we've reduced the average support response time to under 30 minutes and are continuing to put measures in place to further improve this. We will soon have functioning 'LiveChat' and telephone support available.

So far this week we have been auditing the current systems and fixing long standing bugs. It has become apparent that some issues have been ignored in the past, which will not happen in future. We have resolved a long standing issue with the 'hera' server about which we'll be posting a seperate announcement detailing the cause and fix. If you have an issue that you believe was not fully fixed, please get in touch with us by replying to this email and we will try our best to sort it for you.

I hope that you can see that our intentions here are good. We want to build NodeDeploy into a brilliant hosting company once again with a matching reputation. We are grateful for your custom and hope to continue to provide you with a high quality service for many years to come.

If you have any questions or concerns relating to this news please do contact me directly on [email protected]. I will personally ensure you receive a response that addresses any issues you have raised.

Kind Regards,

Martin Diver

Managing Director

Xavvo Ltd.

• @joepie91 said:
    Care to post the e-mail?

We've got some exciting news! As of Tuesday 8th October, NodeDeploy has been taken over by Xavvo Ltd. We're very experienced in running hosting companies and are known for pairing high-quality hosting with excellent support. We're going to be bringing our ethos to NodeDeploy and are very excited about doing so.

We won't be raising prices or causing you any disruption, but will be making many improvements. In this email we have outlined a few of our priorities and what they mean to you. To find out more, or to add your own suggestions, feel free to get in touch with us via the Helpdesk - https://nodedeploy.com/clients/submitticket.php - or you can email us directly on [email protected].

To I would also like to reassure all customers at this point that there will be NO changes to your current services with NodeDeploy - No IP address changes, no location changes and no hardware changes. The only changes we are making relate to support and reliability improvements across all of NodeDeploy's services.

Our primary aim is to ensure our customers are happy. Over the past few days we've reduced the average support response time to under 30 minutes and are continuing to put measures in place to further improve this. We will soon have functioning 'LiveChat' and telephone support available.

So far this week we have been auditing the current systems and fixing long standing bugs. It has become apparent that some issues have been ignored in the past, which will not happen in future. We have resolved a long standing issue with the 'hera' server about which we'll be posting a seperate announcement detailing the cause and fix. If you have an issue that you believe was not fully fixed, please get in touch with us by replying to this email and we will try our best to sort it for you.

I hope that you can see that our intentions here are good. We want to build NodeDeploy into a brilliant hosting company once again with a matching reputation. We are grateful for your custom and hope to continue to provide you with a high quality service for many years to come.

If you have any questions or concerns relating to this news please do contact me directly on [email protected]. I will personally ensure you receive a response that addresses any issues you have raised.

Kind Regards,

Martin Diver
    Managing Director

Xavvo Ltd.

• @BradND said:
    Xavvo is martind 's outfit incase anyone is wondering.

Reason for selling?

• that wasnt bad news at all, minivps was a reputable provider :)

• Reason for selling?

(I suppose) imminent company death otherwise?

Problems @ NodeDeploy http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/336844

Anyone knows whats up with NodeDeploy? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/326798

Anyone know what is going with NodeDeploy? http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/334842

• The reason for selling? I'm not afraid to admit that I needed help with the day to day running. Martin-D has been a friend for a long time, and he was the one who will pull it off.

All in all it will benefit us more than ever, we have new staff members who are awesome, we have captial to expand and we're in tip-top condition. I'll still be around with ND and I'm not going anywhere.

• The ND brand will still be preserved right?

• Indeed it will :-)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

heh, interesting. explains a thing or two I suppose.

The new owner is also an admin on the anti LEB/T/CC forum who backs up all those buffalood rants so I suppose that is the last of the offers from ND on LEB/T ?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    the last of the offers from ND on LEB/T ?

Hahaha

@FtpIt_Radi said:

Sorry I just re read what I typed, sounded more aggressive that was meant, I was not suggesting they will not be putting them in, just perhaps less likely to be posted :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Why is Anthony in the Member_NoBuffalood group?

I kid.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

@AnthonySmith said:
    I was not suggesting they will not be putting them in, just perhaps less likely to be posted :)

No they'll probably just be singled out for the Buffalo love treatment like C. was last week when their offer was posted on LEB (recap: sockpuppet account posted a bunch of shit in LEB comments including a comment about C. owner's weight and appearance, Biloh moved C. owner to special member_no_signature group, Kevdam's LET sock puppet starts thread on LET, etc)

back on topic...

The sale of ND to Xavvo falls into the same category as the sale of GetKVM to Bradler&Krantz (ProviderService): great news for customers.

• Interesting

• Good to see that ND won't be chewed up and discarded.

Provided they don't go upscale and forget about all us little people, this will hopefully be good things.

Thanked by 1klpowell
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

would love to purchase any such selling or transfer.

• jimpopjimpop Member
    edited October 2013

Wow, layered companies, multiple entites, and forum admin too!, yet no slanderous outcry?!?! Must be a slow day. :-)

• @jimpop said:
    Wow, layered companies, multiple entites, and forum admin too!, yet no slanderous outcry?!?! Must be a slow day. :-)

Boy, what a difference being transparent makes!

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith jimpop
  • layered companies, multiple entites,

Multiple brands but only one company and only one legal entity: Xavvo Ltd. NodeDeploy Ltd (which was a legal entity) is currently showing a status of "Status: Active - Proposal to Strike off" so everything will be operated under one legal entity: Xavvo Ltd.

business 101 note: contrary to popular LEB belief, setting up a website is not the same thing as setting up a company, and an unregistered business owned by a 15 year old operating out of their mommy's basement is not a legal entity...note #2: NodeDeploy Ltd was a legal entity and a registered business. :)

Yep ^^ despite my differences with Martin I know he really knows his stuff so customers are in good hands.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Yep ^^ despite my differences with Martin I know he really knows his stuff so customers are in good hands.

Sadly he uses OVH (Paris) for his SSD VPSes (or did earlier this year). His SSD VPSes rock, OVH's network sucked (sporadic periods of packetloss).

• Figured I should come on here and say something to save the rumour mill going in to overdrive.

Just a few points to make to ensure clarity for all;

1) NodeDeploy will continue as is - there wont be any negative changes towards the customers. Servers are staying, IP's are staying, we're not closing any locations (as tends to be the norm with takeovers) and the brand/website will be remaining. The only real changes will be the reliability of servers and support staff. From the majority of tickets that have been handled already the feedback has been excellent and people are generally very happy - a particular thumbs up to Charlie who has been exceptional in getting things ironed out.

2) Xavvo Ltd has always been the 'umbrella' under which these brands have operated. That fact has never been hidden and never will be - largely because I don't want it to be any kind of secret and more so because it's the law here in the UK.

3) Brad and I have been friends for quite a while and he approached me in relation to problems with NodeDeploy. While NodeDeploy is now (officially) a trading name of Xavvo Ltd, Brad still remains part of the furniture and will take part in the running this section of the business. I was happy to help him out and ensure the continuation of this brand that he was worked hard to build.

NodeDeploy now has access to more locations, better hardware (owned) and capital. This means the goals and paths Brad wanted to take previously are now possible - there are bigger and better things to come down the line. In short, it's a win-win for everything. We've taken a decent brand under our wing that needed a little help, Brad gets the resources he needs to grow what was his baby and the customers are now part of a larger family that can provide the service they require, at the price they like with the support they expect.

@AnthonySmith - I was a little miffed at your first comment and felt that it was unwarranted. More of a dig at me because of our differences rather than any legitimate concerns. Reading your last post, however, has pleased me and I'm happy that, despite our differences, in a professional capacity, there is still mutual respect so thank you.

@jimpop - yep, I understand those concerns relating to the SSD nodes. We've got a stack of hardware waiting to be racked up in Manchester that includes a number of SSD nodes. We're just ironing out the finer details on a few cross-connect deals and other bits then we can push ahead with this. I only mention this as it's one of the benefits NodeDeploy will also receive - direct access to Xavvo's main infrastructure and sources here in the UK and other locations.

Anyway. Thanks everyone for your positive comments. I know this path wasn't particularly easy for Brad but I think the upbeat and positive tone of this thread (in general) will bring a sigh of relief to him and myself both.

Onwards and upwards, aye :)

Martin

@MartinD yep agreed I could have worded that allot better, sorry.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@jimpop said:

Sorry been answering tickets all day. You rang?

HE DID WHAT! SON OF A...

Martin actually has a history of honesty. Brutal honesty.

• LeeLee Veteran

I love Chicagovps, Just wanted to put that out there and derail this thread :P

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

@W1V_Lee said:
    I love Chicagovps, Just wanted to put that out there and derail this thread :P

Who give a ... Ok I LOL'ed :D

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @jarland said:
    Martin actually has a history of honesty. Brutal honesty.

That he does.

@W1V_Lee, here how you derail a thread....

You're still here @jarland, eh? :-)