Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UAE, Asia and South Africa connectivity needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UAE, Asia and South Africa connectivity needed

edited July 2018 in Requests

Hey guys!

Looking for a VPS with a generous amount of bandwidth at 1Gbps port (think 2-3TB/m, with option to get even more in the future), with amazing connectivity to the gulf (UAE, etc) and one VPS with great connectivity to all of Asia. Would also love a VPS that is nicely connected to South Africa. CPU - I need 1 maybe 2 cores, ram - 256mb, hdd/sdd - 10+GB.

This is for a VPN, so I would rather have good connectivity to these places, instead of being there physically (due to their laws being interesting). Which providers and locations would you guys and gals suggest, that can do around 200-250Mbps download/upload to these locations?

Budget is flexible, depending on bandwidth, speed, etc.

I tried oneprovider, however their speeds are sub-par in these locations (South Africa gets under 100Mbps, Asia locations seem to not be so nicepy peered, an. I also know of vpsfast, but am scared to deal with them, due to the not-so-great threads on here in regards to their shady tactics and not-so-good support.

I can even consider a dedi server, but demand is fairly low for these locations, so a dedi would be an overkill for the time being.

Can an European location get such speeds to and from these areas? And if so - which location and provider?

Thank you!

Comments

• A 1Gbps port in SA, even on a VPS with a 2TB cap will cost you a pretty penny.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Thats why I am looking for alternatives, that have good peering to the location, not a VPS in the actual location.

Thanks

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

What sort of pricing are you looking for?

• zkyezzkyez Member

Disclaimer: UAE resident here

If you want lowest latency then go with whoever has direct peering with Level3 in Paris ( from my admittedly limited experiments). Scaleway used to have decent performance before Etisalat screwed up the routing and is sending everything through GTT Singapore (for more than a week now).

DO (Fra) and Vultr (Paris) have decent performance towards UAE (I have 100 mbit at home and I can easily saturate the connection using iperf from my DO droplet).

• @zkyez said:
    Disclaimer: UAE resident here

If you want lowest latency then go with whoever has direct peering with Level3 in Paris ( from my admittedly limited experiments). Scaleway used to have decent performance before Etisalat screwed up the routing and is sending everything through GTT Singapore (for more than a week now).

DO (Fra) and Vultr (Paris) have decent performance towards UAE (I have 100 mbit at home and I can easily saturate the connection using iperf from my DO droplet).

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for the UAE! If anyone can help out with the other two regions - that would be awesome!

• zkyezzkyez Member
    edited July 2018

If you need traces/pings let me know.

Also, if by Asia you mean China then take a look at https://www.gigsgigscloud.com . They advertise direct China connection.

• ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited July 2018

@zkyez said:
    If you need traces/pings let me know.

Also, if by Asia you mean China then take a look at https://www.gigsgigscloud.com . They advertise direct China connection.

Be careful, GigsGigs IPs are commonly blocked by the GFW.

I'd go with something in South Korea (if you're on China Unicom), Japan (on the KDDI or Yahoo Japan network, DON'T use VULTR), Taiwan or Singapore on the SG.GS network (see oneasiahost and indovirtue premium). These all should get you under 100ms ping to China. If you want gigabit, you likely will need to contact these companies yourself with an offer.

In Hong Kong, @randvegeta can help you.

Outside of Asia isn't an option for China. Los Angeles had a decent connection to China, but it is now very congested.