Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bulk Windows 2012/16 Licenses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bulk Windows 2012/16 Licenses

scoolscool Member

Hello,
i am hosting some local vps's in dedicated servers at OVH.
Ovh does not offer windows server licenses on failover ip's. Only for the dedicated servers.

Can someone suggest a reseller or a distributor where i can purchase 20+ win2012 licenses?

Thank you

Comments

• In this case, all you need to do is to sign up for the SPLA program and license either the entire node or on a per guest VM basis, depending on what works out best for you.

Last I checked, the Windows Server 2016 Datacenter License costs about $120 per node, but with no restrictions on the amount of guest Windows Server VM's you can run on that particular node.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@TriJetScud said:
    In this case, all you need to do is to sign up for the SPLA program and license either the entire node or on a per guest VM basis, depending on what works out best for you.

Last I checked, the Windows Server 2016 Datacenter License costs about $120 per node, but with no restrictions on the amount of guest Windows Server VM's you can run on that particular node.

Nope, SPLA wouldn’t cover as OP would need to own the hardware.

OP needs to negotiate with OVH to have them license underlying Hypervisors.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep

Hooking you up via PM ;)

• scoolscool Member

Findings so far.

• Even with an spla enrollment i still need a distributor or a reseller for the actual license.
    • There is a possibility that datacenter edition may be used either on host node either on vm's. However i think hyper-v is required on host node. I am going to examine this today.

Also other MS limitations i find out today,
    1. You can not owned licenses legally on hardware you do not own. So you cant go to say Amazon buy a retail copy of Windows 2012 and use it on any hardware at OVH.
    2. SPLA hosting partners can not assign licenses to hardware they do not own.