Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud.tc by DET.io Coming Soon (Free credits for Early Adopters)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud.tc by DET.io Coming Soon (Free credits for Early Adopters)

DETioDETio Member

Hello LET,

We're very excited to be announcing Cloud.Tech Company as a Public Cloud Service which combines multiple Hosting Providers into One Panel for customers to deploy VMs & other cloud solutions.

We will be offering $25.00 free credits for testing our platform to any user who joins our mailing list, expect launch coming soon this September with our 1.6 MVP VirtEngine Release - finally leaving beta after a few years of development.

Thank you for your interest,
DET-IO

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha

Comments

• I'm interested.

thanks!

• Me too.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@DETio said:
    which combines multiple Hosting Providers into One Panel

Which hosting providers are you reselling or is that clear from within the panel?

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

MasonR said: Which hosting providers are you reselling or is that clear from within the panel?

It will be clear from within the panel, including links directly to the providers & a transparent view of Cloud Performance: Uptime, Latency, Bandwidth, Port, CPU Performance, Storage Performance and Price.

On launch we will also have a web section as well that shows an overview of providers.

• I am interested too.

Please count me in for testing your platform. Thank you.

• I'm Interested!

• HxxxHxxx Member

Did you guys went through code security audits? For me this is rather more important than the rest.

• AndruAndru Member

I'm interested. Joined mailing list.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited July 2018

.tc is where you lost many.
    (:

Too similar to with .tk

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha Inglar
  • FoulFoul Member

I'm not interested since your past history here.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • It will be managed service?

• DETioDETio Member

@cyberpersons said:
    It will be managed service?

It will be an unmanaged service.

Hxxx said: Did you guys went through code security audits? For me this is rather more important than the rest.

We've done some security code audits (with our own developers at the moment) and have resolved potential security issues revolving around the API, Event Handlers, and Communication between our Panel/Hypervisors.

We'll be running an independent 3rd party security audit approximately 2 weeks before our MVP release in order to ensure the platform is production ready.

• @DETio said:

@cyberpersons said:
    It will be managed service?

It will be an unmanaged service.

What will be different then? As people can already buy from respective providers.

• I'm interested too...

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

cyberpersons said: What will be different then? As people can already buy from respective providers.

The following functionality will be implemented in the multi-cloud portal:

1 - Transparent Comparison of Providers - Hardware/Performance/Up-time/Latency.

2 - Transparent View on Implemented Functionality of each Cloud: High Availability, Docker Containers on BareMetal, Object Storage, & Standard KVM VMs.

3 - Consumption of Cloud Services from one UI.

4 - Migration/Cloning between Cloud Providers -> VMs can be Packaged into 'image files' which are then transferred between providers so the same VM can be started again. Migration deletes the original VM where-as Cloning will leave both running.

Finally a feature which will be under development and added in the future would be Auto-Scaling Applications across Multiple Cloud Providers. Auto-Scaling will not be included with our MVP 1.6 release. Basically this functionality will allow you to deploy an Elastic Application that runs across multiple Virtual Machines and new VMs are deployed when resources are low.

• Count me in please!

But which data centers would you have? A looking glass is desired.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

justin4869 said: But which data centers would you have? A looking glass is desired.

Looking Glass will be available for each individual region for users to be able to test the network of their preferred providers.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

This seems potentially interesting.

One question, regarding security: what does your threat modelling process look like? In particular, are security issues prevented proactively through sound development processes, or only resolved reactively, eg. based on audits?

We'll be running an independent 3rd party security audit approximately 2 weeks before our MVP release in order to ensure the platform is production ready.

What is your plan if the third-party audit shows significant issues that will take more than two weeks to resolve properly?

• CasperCasper Member

Sign me up, I'm interested too :)

• CasperCasper Member

I used the form on your website, but I just got to say: Please, add SSL+Automatic HTTPS Rewrite to cloud.tc, certs are free these days.

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

@Casper said:
    I used the form on your website, but I just got to say: Please, add SSL+Automatic HTTPS Rewrite to cloud.tc, certs are free these days.

Cert is setup already, I'll add a redirect (my bad for linking http!) thanks for the reminder :)

Thanked by 1Casper
  • DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

joepie91 said: What is your plan if the third-party audit shows significant issues that will take more than two weeks to resolve properly?

This will be a set back, but we have a very high level of confidence that there will not be significant issues in regards to security as we have already had a significant amount of internal audits and have not found any significant loop holes available after countless testing - this is after resolving significant issues in our previous versions.

I think we will try to get the audit done earlier, we'll be looking at potential partners to conduct the security report shortly.

joepie91 said: One question, regarding security: what does your threat modelling process look like? In particular, are security issues prevented proactively through sound development processes, or only resolved reactively, eg. based on audits?

Our thread modelling process is a mix of the both key points you highlighted - Sound Security Development Practices & as well as running audits internally and in the near future with a 3rd party vendor - Threats found in Audits are then resolved with highest priority - Customer reported threats are also taken with the highest priority.

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • So basicly we rent server from reseller (which is you) right?

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

robohost said: So basicly we rent server from reseller (which is you) right?

Our role is to provide you direct access to our partner clouds (which our partners manage & provide support for) & some locations which are managed and supported by us from selected Partner suppliers - these are generally pure Dedicated Server (or shall I say Bare-Metal) providers (like: ColoCrossing, Packet.net, Hetzner).

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

Just put up a features page on what type of plans would be available, have a look here:

Public Cloud.tc Features

• @DETio Your website needs some fixing...

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

doghouch said: @DETio Your website needs some fixing...

Working on the mobile version as we speak. Thanks for the reminder.

Edit: Give it another try now? It should be easier to look at.

• @DETio said:
    4 - Migration/Cloning between Cloud Providers -> VMs can be Packaged into 'image files' which are then transferred between providers so the same VM can be started again. Migration deletes the original VM where-as Cloning will leave both running.

Finally a feature which will be under development and added in the future would be Auto-Scaling Applications across Multiple Cloud Providers. Auto-Scaling will not be included with our MVP 1.6 release. Basically this functionality will allow you to deploy an Elastic Application that runs across multiple Virtual Machines and new VMs are deployed when resources are low.

Especially these two are great features, good job.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

DETio said: & some locations which are managed and supported by us from selected Partner suppliers - these are generally pure Dedicated Server (or shall I say Bare-Metal) providers (like: ColoCrossing, Packet.net, Hetzner).

So you'll be de-facto running a hosting business - whats' your experience as a hosting operator?

• DETioDETio Member
    edited July 2018

Clouvider said: So you'll be de-facto running a hosting business - whats' your experience as a hosting operator?

I'm personally experienced in running a hosting service,

My experience involves: Customer Success Engineer & Packet.net (current, feel free to email me at [email protected] to verify), and running a Hosting Service back in 2012-14 known as PavHost. My LinkedIn Here.

PavHost dead-pooled due to security vulnerabilities found in the software we used, one of the reasons we decided to build our own solutions.