Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HA Cluster on natvps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HA Cluster on natvps

I recently acquired natvps bundle from mrvm, i need some help to understand how this domain forwarding works. I basically wants to have a HA Cluster for my site out of this vm's. Do i just need to add my primary domain to domain forwarding settings under each vps or is it more complicated than what i am expecting. Please help me understand this and thanks in advance for all your help / comments.

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Bought a $4/yr VPS and wants to make it HA...honestly, that is one of the most LET things I’ve ever read. You rock.

A modern browser with RR DNS may be all you need. Possibly mysql replication as well if you are using a db.

Thanked by 2FHR MrPsycho
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Cluster for a website?
    You need to add the same domain name on all locations you want to serve pages from.
    Without it, the node doesn’t know where to forward your traffic.
    Think of it as stand alone nodes, it is only the master who knows the records of each slave.

That is the easy part. Now it depends on what type of site you will be hosting.

I used to do a LES HA Cluster for the les wiki. It is no longer a cluster because I forgot to renew the vps ;)

Some instructions/notes on how I did it can be found here: http://wiki.lowendguide.com/doku.php/wiki_setup

Perhaps you get an idea on how you want to solve it when you read it.
    I’m not saying my way is the best way, that is how I did it back in the days.

Welcome to the LES Club!