Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need ideas
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need ideas

BuzzNOCBuzzNOC Member

I opened a hosting company last year and sorta fell off the face of the earth the first week of getting into it. Well i wanna give it a shot again i already have a server and a couple of packages set up and ready to go. i just havent created my homepage or content for my pages. so can any of you lovely people help me :)

Comments

• drivexdrivex Member

Sure: Just. Don't. Do. It.

• @drivex said:

something just keeps calling me back to it!

• @BuzzNOC said:

@drivex said:

The worst part is how you’re calling yourself a NOC when you only rent a server lol

• drivexdrivex Member

@BuzzNOC said:

@drivex said:

Why would you do something, if you even have no ideas?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Sorry if this sounds blunt and disencouraging but if you already have problems with coming up with a funny sales site you'd better stay away from hosting.

• I'm pretty confused on what you exactly expect from us. Or why you expect us to do that for you.

• @BuzzNOC said:

@drivex said:

That's the summer host fever

• ehabehab Member

put some budget and you will get some awesome replies.

• @doghouch said:

@BuzzNOC said:

@drivex said:

The worst part is how you’re calling yourself a NOC when you only rent a server lol

i have colo hosting to be exact. thats why i said i HAVE A SERVER but thanks

@drivex said:

@BuzzNOC said:

@drivex said:

Why would you do something, if you even have no ideas?

I have ideas. Just not sure on whats the proper approach on package pricing & or advertising. There's just so many different prices now a days.

@jsg said:
    Sorry if this sounds blunt and disencouraging but if you already have problems with coming up with a funny sales site you'd better stay away from hosting.

i dont have a problem just asking for some ideas on what would customers like to see or what grabs the customers attention you know? & its fine

@teamacc said:
    I'm pretty confused on what you exactly expect from us. Or why you expect us to do that for you.

IDEAS PACKAGE IDEAS SPECIAL IDEAS IDK SOMETHING SNAZZYYYY MAYBE ? just not this WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM US ?! shit or give up wheres the good ole buddy system that use to exist?

@Silvest said:

@BuzzNOC said:

@drivex said:

That's the summer host fever

nah hate using the computer in the summer time. just need stuff to keep me occupied till im re-employed.

@ehab said:
    put some budget and you will get some awesome replies.

so you telling me pay for ideas? lol what about when u guys needed ideas and came around searching for some?

• drivexdrivex Member

If you want ideas to make money, you have to spend money. That's only fair, isn't it?

• @drivex said:
    If you want ideas to make money, you have to spend money. That's only fair, isn't it?

you guys are the best. im gonna pay you so u can tell me to use google ads or facebook ads -___- which gonna cost me money to. so why pay two people when i can just get ADVICE not asking for ya to give me the whole formula :/

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@BuzzNOC said:
    nah hate using the computer in the summer time. just need stuff to keep me occupied till im re-employed.

Oh well let's hope then that your customers don't need their VPS or hosting anymore once you are re-employed ...

Maybe "interim-lottery" would be a useful element for your web site.

• @BuzzNOC Good for you.

• YuraYura Member
    edited July 2018

You don't ideas you need a proven working business model that have been crystallized in this community over the years. Just do what works, get some experience and then you can improvise, tweak and improve. This forum has all the information that you need, just plug in some names in the search form and off you go: vortexnode, serverhand, zxhost, myserverplanet, etc.

"You will stand on the shoulders of the low end giants and host farther"

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

BuzzNOC said: IDEAS PACKAGE IDEAS SPECIAL IDEAS IDK SOMETHING SNAZZYYYY MAYBE ? just not this WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM US ?! shit or give up wheres the good ole buddy system that use to exist?

lol. Not only you want us to do a business plan for you, you also feel entitled to it. Wow.

• @jsg said:

@BuzzNOC said:

Oh well let's hope then that your customers don't need their VPS or hosting anymore once you are re-employed ...

Maybe "interim-lottery" would be a useful element for your web site.

Even i do. They will still have access to there hosting or VPS. i started last year and let my homepage die. Still have my 5 clients running on the server being well taken care of. I have other people i started this company with & ask for ideas just figured ill come to a community to ask

@doghouch said:
    @BuzzNOC Good for you.

:X sorry didnt mean to crush ya bubble.

@Clouvider said:

BuzzNOC said: IDEAS PACKAGE IDEAS SPECIAL IDEAS IDK SOMETHING SNAZZYYYY MAYBE ? just not this WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM US ?! shit or give up wheres the good ole buddy system that use to exist?

lol. Not only you want us to do a business plan for you, you also feel entitled to it. Wow.

NO lord farquaad what im asking for is some sort of ideas from people maybe oh make a package for 5 bucks or hey u should add a special promotion on DICK! you know stuff like that not WRITE IT FOR ME AND CREATE MY BUSINESS PLAN AND CODE THE DAMN SHIT TOO

@Yura said:
    You don't ideas you need a proven working business model that have been crystallized in this community over the years. Just do what works, get some experience and then you can improvise, tweak and improve. This forum has all the information that you need, just plug in some names in the search form and off you go: vortexnode, serverhand, zxhost, myserverplanet, etc.

THANK YOU FOR THIS! :) will look into the forum and grab some ideas thank you for being so kind <3

Thanked by 1Yura
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 2Clouvider doghouch
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@BuzzNOC said:

Eh, so what will happen to the clients who order service with you once you're re-employed?

This seems to be a clear warning that you'll abandon the boat and your mates once you onboard on a cruise liner.

Definitely not a good attitude.

• @BlaZe said:

@BuzzNOC said:

Eh, so what will happen to the clients who order service with you once you're re-employed?

This seems to be a clear warning that you'll abandon the boat and your mates once you onboard on a cruise liner.

Definitely not a good attitude.

YOU READ THAT FAR ; SHOULD READ A LITTLE BIT LONGER MATE :)

"Even i do. They will still have access to there hosting or VPS. i started last year and let my homepage die. Still have my 5 clients running on the server being well taken care of. I have other people i started this company to provide support while im EMPLOYED (REPO SEASON HAS SORTA WENT DRY) so JAN FEB MARCH are my working months lol

• @BuzzNOC said:

@teamacc said:
    I'm pretty confused on what you exactly expect from us. Or why you expect us to do that for you.

IDEAS PACKAGE IDEAS SPECIAL IDEAS IDK SOMETHING SNAZZYYYY MAYBE ? just not this WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM US ?! shit or give up wheres the good ole buddy system that use to exist?

I'm sorry BUDDY but I have never heard of you so you don't really qualify for the BUDDY system.

Aside from that, my question was meant as a true question, which you should've taken at face-value. Yet you chose to feel attacked by it.

Your response tells me more about you than anything else you could've said.

• YuraYura Member

@BuzzNOC said:

@Yura said:

THANK YOU FOR THIS! :) will look into the forum and grab some ideas thank you for being so kind <3

I'm glad to be of help.

OP's doing a decent job in digging-his-own-grave 101.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I do not regret the decision I just made, some people need saving from themselves.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BuzzNOC said: wheres the good ole buddy system that use to exist?

That's swimming and gay sex, not hosting.

BuzzNOC said: I opened a hosting company last year and sorta fell off the face of the earth the first week of getting into it.

With that committed passion and laser-like focus on success, you're a regular Bill Gates.

BuzzNOC said: just need stuff to keep me occupied till im re-employed.

BlaZe said: Eh, so what will happen to the clients who order service with you once you're re-employed?

This.

edited July 2018

I hope he won't make another account and threaten you guys with a topic title like, "DON'T BAN ME or I am gonna pull all of my hairs, including my arse hair!"

He needs ideas after all. Whatever that means remains to be seen.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

That escalated quickly. I had one call with the Customer, refreshed and the OP is already gone. Nice.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
  • @raindog308 said:

Why did @AnthonySmith kill the buzz?!