Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Checkout - Are you turned away?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2Checkout - Are you turned away?

MiscisMiscis Member
edited February 2012 in General

Hi everyone!

We're considering using 2Checkout to process our credit card and PayPal payments, after reading some PayPal horror stories.

If you find a good hosting package, you get to the checkout, and the only option is 2Checkout (or another similar processor), would you cancel your order?

Comments

• Does 2Checkout work like Paypal? Because I use Paypal. What I mean is: Do you need an account to use it with your credit/debit card? With Paypal you don't need an account.

• No, I don't think you need an account. You get taken to the 2Checkout payment page, where you can either:

• Enter your credit/debit card details and complete the payment
    • Go through PayPal, paying to 2Checkout, and complete the payment.
  • So 2Checkout will let you use Paypal? I wouldn't mind then, I guess. Depends on how trusted 2Checkout is. Never heard of it before.

• if you use 2checkout, please don't force paypal users to go through 2checkout to get to paypal.

• We use 2Checkout and I actually feel like my money is safe with them, Where as with PayPal I had to confirm my bank, home address, many more things and It is just lots of hassle.

2CheckOut has a better Fraud Verification System, It actually allows the customers to resubmit their order if it is stopped for Fraud screening..Disputes are handled so much better and overall a more enjoyable experience.

Clients should not be turned away just because a provider uses 2Checkout, We lost hundreds when our company PayPal was limited and PayPal has Interest on that for the next 180 Days.

• We use 2Checkout and I actually feel like my money is safe with them, Where as with PayPal I had to confirm my bank, home address, many more things and It is just lots of hassle.

Isn't that something you'd want? If 2Checkout don't have your address or your bank details how are you even getting paid?

• I've used 2checkout for 8 years and I've never had an issue with them. However, if you don't offer PayPal as well, you'll lose out on a large percentage of potential clients. There are a lot of people who refuse to use anything other than PayPal. Only about 5% of my clients use 2checkout when paying. For some reason, people refuse to use 2checkout in order to pay with PayPal.

• @subigo said: I've used 2checkout for 8 years and I've never had an issue with them. However, if you don't offer PayPal as well, you'll lose out on a large percentage of potential clients. There are a lot of people who refuse to use anything other than PayPal. Only about 5% of my clients use 2checkout when paying. For some reason, people refuse to use 2checkout in order to pay with PayPal.

You can pay with PayPal through 2checkout though. Do they not want to use that?

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited February 2012

@Jacob said: We lost hundreds when our company PayPal was limited and PayPal has Interest on that for the next 180 Days.

@Jacob Shouldn't of used your mothers paypal.

• @Miscis said: You can pay with PayPal through 2checkout though. Do they not want to use that?

That's what I'm saying. People refuse to use 2checkout in order to pay through PayPal. I sent out a customer survey a few years ago asking people if they would we okay with 2checkout only... it was close to 100% who said "no".

• @Miscis - We've used PayPal for six years now (for both regular PayPal payments and Credit/Debit processing). The ONLY trouble we've had was due to the client. From my years of working with them, I've found that if you read/follow their TOS and keep things clean, you won't have any real issues.

• @Aldryic said: @Miscis - We've used PayPal for six years now (for both regular PayPal payments and Credit/Debit processing). The ONLY trouble we've had was due to the client. From my years of working with them, I've found that if you read/follow their TOS and keep things clean, you won't have any real issues.

Has your account ever been "Limited"? People are complaining about this on many forums but we've been fine so far for a long time.

• @Jacob said: We use 2Checkout and I actually feel like my money is safe with them, Where as with PayPal I had to confirm my bank, home address, many more things and It is just lots of hassle.

2CheckOut has a better Fraud Verification System, It actually allows the customers to resubmit their order if it is stopped for Fraud screening..Disputes are handled so much better and overall a more enjoyable experience.

Clients should not be turned away just because a provider uses 2Checkout, We lost hundreds when our company PayPal was limited and PayPal has Interest on that for the next 180 Days.

I agree with you in this paypal it just horror services . look like they love limited people and take their money. 2checkout more Security.

@Miscis said: Hi everyone!

We're considering using 2Checkout to process our credit card and PayPal payments, after reading some PayPal horror stories.

If you find a good hosting package, you get to the checkout, and the only option is 2Checkout (or another similar processor), would you cancel your order?

if you are going to paid by 2checkout make sure all detials correct also your billing detials same your paypal account name , addresse etc..

• @Miscis said: Has your account ever been "Limited"? People are complaining about this on many forums but we've been fine so far for a long time.

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of the folks that were limited were engaged in one form of shady activity or another (including 'donations' from an online gaming server/etc).

But to answer your question, no, we've never been Limited or even received so much as a warning or infraction.

• While 2CO doesn't turn me away, per se, I have a severe dislike for it. Especially since I keep getting tagged "for further review", despite I keep paying with the same card with the same CVV code with the same name from the same address on the same days of the week at the same time.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited February 2012

@Miscis said: If you find a good hosting package, you get to the checkout, and the only option is 2Checkout (or another similar processor), would you cancel your order?

No, as Long I can use paypal payment processor doesn't make any difference for me as a customer. Maybe come mouse click more but still less than replying to this thread so not really issue.

• @Damian4IPXcore said: While 2CO doesn't turn me away, per se, I have a severe dislike for it. Especially since I keep getting tagged "for further review", despite I keep paying with the same card with the same CVV code with the same name from the same address on the same days of the week at the same time.

Agreed 100%.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited February 2012

2checkout is okay. i have used it on occasions, but its better to keep paypal as an option. i generally think 5 times before buying something which doesnt offer paypal and ask my 3 digit pin ;)

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited February 2012

I personally wouldn't recommend 2CO, having worked with them as a merchant gateway in the past. Their fees are horrendous (something like 4.5-5%, I believe), and they do not offer a variety of fraud prevention tools suitable for a web hosting business.

If you're looking for a good credit card processor, I'd wholly recommend CDG Commerce + Quantum Gateway (one of their gateway partners). Their application process is somewhat stringent, though you shouldn't have any trouble with it if you are a qualified business. They clear CC batches via ACH daily (instead of 2CO's weekly), charge 1.5-2% on transactions, and offer all the anti-fraud tools you could want. Plus, setup is free!

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @Naruto said: Depends on how trusted 2Checkout is

Very trusted. It also has vbv and securecode Integration so if your Visa and MC are enabled for the above mentioned security measures, it will ask you to go through that as well.

• @vps6net said: Their fees are horrendous

I agree

• @vps6net
    They take a 5% Holding fee for any payment reversals and minimum fee is like $0.50

• @Jacob said: They take a 5% Holding fee for any payment reversals and minimum fee is like $0.50

From their site,

Simple Fee Structure

$49 one-time application fee (per account)
    5.5% and $0.45 per sale

A bit worse than I remembered, even...

• 2CO does not work out for me... Although maybe not the best, Paypal does work for me.

• I've had too many problems using my debit card online in the past and now i will not use any service that does not let me pay via paypal, or google checkout at a push.

@Asim said: It also has vbv and securecode Integration so if your Visa and MC are enabled for the above mentioned security measures, it will ask you to go through that as well.

From personal experience, VBV and SecureCode are no protection AT ALL. All you need to reset the password is the card details, which you will have if you are trying to use it, and the owners date of birth, which is not a hard piece of info to find these days. There is no email confirmation or anything else to stop it. The first thing you will know about it is an email thanking you for resetting your password!

Pretty much every forum i use on the net has better password reset security, its a joke.

• I prefer PayPal (for the moment) but I'm not really put off by 2CO because I've seen their name around for years and used them a few times.

The only payment method that would really worry me for a LEB provider would be if they accepted cards directly simply because it's an unstable area. That said I'd get over it if it was a provider that's been around for a while.

VBV and SecureCode are no protection AT ALL. All you need to reset the password is the card details ... and the owners date of birth

With 3-D Secure/VBV/SecureCode, isn't the challenge page served by the issuing bank? It's been ages since I've seen one but my cards from two different major Aussie banks have different methods of authentication (one has a dedicated password, the other uses the internet banking password for that extra risky feeling). Both can, AFAIK, only be reset either on the phone or via internet banking.

To be honest, as a customer it discourages me from completing checkout because it's an extra hurdle for no real benefit (because the phishers can just ask for the VBV/SecureCode password the same as they ask for CVCs now, the whole process looks like phishing and most people won't think to check for their individual message if they even remember it at all).

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

As a personal note, i love working with paypal, i have never had any issues. If a merchant does not deliver my products, Im calm because Paypal works fine

• We use 2checkout, never had an issue, we been using them for over 7 to 8 years.

They use payoneer to issue debt/credit cards to transfer your funds.

• ztecztec Member
    edited February 2012

I hate payment processors that make me fill in all my info to just point me to paypal afterwards.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The 2CO is good for USA only, as they do conversion any foreign currencies to US Dollar and back, this transaction is not transparent enough to see how much seller is missing, the topic about this is on the following URL:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1126588