Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT] - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT]

Comments

• KrisKris Member
    edited July 2018

For obvious reasons: http://archive.is/aWTj2

• KrisKris Member
    edited July 2018

jcaleb said: Kris said: Looks like Incero or SpeedyKVM got the corrupt moderator to delete the post totally.

Corrupt? But I like you used the word "Looks like", it gives you the allowance that you are not directly accusing anyone.

Yes. If I had proof, I would say so. Hence, Looks like they got them to delete the thread. That's what someone says when they are not perfectly certain of the outcome.

Take a Xanax or two. The other moderators who chimed in here were perfectly level headed.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2018

If you like who I dislike, your opinion is invalid and you're literally Hitler.

So I started this Ritalin extended release recently. It's an interesting switch from Vyvanse. Highly recommend it though. Massive chill and keeps you awake.

• KrisKris Member

jarland said: If you like who I dislike, your opinion is invalid and you're literally Hitler.

Have tried to avoid that feeling in this thread, and didn't even want to name the person misdirecting people.

XR huh? Might need to check into it. Waiting on an electrician to do some attic work, mornings are never fun.

I miss ya on here Jar!

Thanked by 1jar
  • PandyPandy Member

@Kris said:

from what i remember of the thread, i thought willie did pretty good. im just goin yb memory here but he was pretty chill and trying to get op to provide more proof and all, when ants approach was to threaten to delete the thread if op didnt provide more proof (which im assuming he did hide the thread, rather than willie)

maybe he was just misinformed/didnt remember everything, thus claiming they were different, but that got cleared pretty quickly so i didnt see that a problem

from the thread OP's last response before the thread got hidden did say pretty clearly he did have/want to provide anything else, so i had no problem with the thread being deindexed, but imo hiding it wasnt the right choice

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

Just also for clarity jcaleb has not taken any mod actions in about 3 or more years, we literally keep him in the moderator role as a mark of respect for his YEARS of service and also because quite frankly, by now its funny, the poor guy must have offered to be taken out of the mod position about 20 times by now and we keep saying no and he only seems to login a few times a month! so please don't take anything out on him he really is a victim of a long standing joke here and he really is a TOP guy.

Look the bottom line is if there is this much backlash and people genuinely feel the way they do then me hiding it was probably the wrong choice for the community, I just felt it was turning toxic and that the OP was painting a 1 sided picture, if I was wrong then fair enough, i don't mind admitting that and don't expect it to be the last time I am wrong.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: What? No.

I was not asking.

What happened in your live? Did you find the enlightenment? Did your wife leave you?

Just because you want to get rid of Admin, does not mean you can give it to me.

Neoon said: What happened in your live? Did you find the enlightenment? Did your wife leave you?

I just know, you are the one Neo(on)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Neoon said: live

you wanted to say life, right?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I respect people who have been admin to this place. So hard a job

Thanked by 2vimalware luissousa
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

@AnthonySmith why not make this kris and other guys mods for a few days. Let them look at discussion at the back for them to see there is really nothing interesting that we talk about. How far fetched these theories are

• jcaleb said: there is really nothing interesting that we talk about.

Every forum is like this. There's always a theory that there's a smoke-filled back room

Mostly it's monotonous house keeping and keeping conversations civil.

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx

Crossed my mind yeah.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jarland said:
    Ever look back at choices you've made and laugh at just how many bullets you haven't had to dodge as a result of them?

Excuse me while I have a nice drink. Anthony is the best admin this place has seen since LEA himself, and while the culture here in general (blame me if you want, I'm not pointing fingers) won't allow him to be as drama free as LEA was (anonymity helped tbh, hard to claim bias against someone you know nothing about), I'll still swear it's true.

@jarland be like:

Thanked by 1jar
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@ricardo said:

jcaleb said: there is really nothing interesting that we talk about.

Every forum is like this. There's always a theory that there's a smoke-filled back room

Mostly it's monotonous house keeping and keeping conversations civil.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: What happened in your live? Did you find the enlightenment? Did your wife leave you?

I just know, you are the one Neo(on)

That was cheap.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

We are on LET. Cheap is the neo.

Thanked by 2mikho lazyt
  • LeeLee Veteran

Cunts, all of you.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

That I agree. We all are cunts. That's for sure. LET without cunts would be like a nun house.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • YuraYura Member

I'm not a cunt. I'm a big pussy.

• KrisKris Member

@jarland said:

@default said:

@jarland said:

@AlyssaD said:
    This place is full of hypocrites.

Always room for more :)

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sciamachy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Thanked by 1default
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

Kris said: Looks like willie was full of shit as a moderator,

What have I gone and done now?

Pandy said: (which im assuming he did hide the thread, rather than willie

Yeah I was planning to write a comment and close the thread but Ant got there first. The person who opened the thread was haranguing on moving the thread back to reviews til it became obvious that they were more about trashing SpeedyKVM than supplying further useful info to this forum. We are not here for that. If they deleted the relevant tickets they don't get to substitute their own spin for them. As they say on 4chan, LET is not your personal army.

As for the info I posted from the PM, shrug. Someone sent me some info and I passed it along without trying to judge whether it was right or wrong. Further discussion made it clearer that the person's take was that SpeedyKVM and Incero have separate support staffs rather than they are unrelated business entities. My own view is that it doesn't matter much, but that's something people can judge for themselves.

willie said: What have I gone and done?

You made the mistake of trying to remain neutral in a playpen of 1000 different opinions.

Whats more, you do it for free as a volunteer... as such you deserve zero common decency, respect or slack.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

willie said: What have I gone and done?

You made the mistake of trying to remain neutral in a playpen of 1000 different opinions.

Whats more, you do it for free as a volunteer... as such you deserve zero common decency, respect or slack.

A moderator is volunteer, which means it's their free choice to take this administration upon themselves, because there is a dose of liking in all this. If they would hate it, they would refuse being a mod. As such, we should not emphasize this like they would be some kind of martyrs when they choose to delete threads (and not closing or moving to off-topic).

There is decency and respect in so many threads that, believe it or not, are not deleted or moved or closed or spammed or reported. But for some reason, mods don't see this, they see these rare threads that blame them for some mistakes, voluntarily assumed or not.

What I get from this comment, with my short mind, is that members should open threads filled with compliments towards mods, as maybe those will be seen as positive feedback, respect and decency.

So, because I brought this up, I feel it is my duty to start by saying to all admins and mods: I hereby thank you, and I respect you, no matter the mistakes you make, and whether you admit them or not.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@default said:
    What I get from this comment, with my short mind, is that members should open threads filled with compliments towards mods, as maybe those will be seen as positive feedback, respect and decency.

So, because I brought this up, I feel it is my duty to start by saying to all admins and mods: I hereby thank you, and I respect you, no matter the mistakes you make, and whether you admit them or not.

Bellend.

Thanked by 1jar
  • FoulFoul Member
    edited July 2018

Lol.

Incero is a joke, Great server, and support and all from them.. Loved having the three months service so far with them... But now this is just disappointing.

They nullrouted my server for "two months" because i was transferring 100gb to another host. Can't even respond to the ticket until the "$40.00" invoice is paid which i was going to pay tomorrow.

Guess I won't be renewing.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Nekki said:

@default said:

Bellend.

Thanks. You too. /hug

• jcalebjcaleb Member

For me, I give high importance to thread title back when I am very active here. I really don't like a bad title against any provider, specially when the word SCAM is used but there is no proof that there is deliberate intention to steal money from customers.

For me, it is acceptable to put in title that a provider is rude or has a bad service. Just not anything about MONEY if there is no proof of it.

The reason is because LET threads usually ranks high in search results. So for me, title is everything.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Foul what is the invoice for though?