Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk deleted Incero and SpeedyKVM thread? [EDIT]

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2018

deank said: Trolling for over a year and still not banned.

It's coming.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I had trolled on WHT for about 12 years before I voluntarily left there because that place stunk too much.

Will I stay here that long? That remains to be seen.

• TheXOTheXO Member

@deank, you are not funny, like really, you spam every other thread for no reason, it's not funny.

edited July 2018

My posts are never intended to funny, I think. I am here to (mostly) irritate you.

• mkshmksh Member

@angstrom said:
    By the way, did anyone else notice that @ryanarp thanked the OP right away? I found that ironic, and I imagine that his thanks were also intended ironically.

Didn't notice but it seems his host file is leaky then => https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2698391/#Comment_2698391.

What would life be if you can't thank random posts on LET?

Thanked by 2angstrom emgh
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@mksh said:

@angstrom said:
    By the way, did anyone else notice that @ryanarp thanked the OP right away? I found that ironic, and I imagine that his thanks were also intended ironically.

Didn't notice but it seems his host file is leaky then => https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2698391/#Comment_2698391.

He probably had/has some insider information on what transpired between the OP and SpeedyKVM.

• mkshmksh Member

@angstrom said:

@mksh said:

@angstrom said:

He probably had/has some insider information on what transpired between the OP and SpeedyKVM.

Likely. My comment was more sarcasm than an actual question though ;)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

angstrom said: By the way, did anyone else notice that @ryanarp thanked the OP right away? I

ryanarp said: After that thread about it, any doubts I had about the decision were quickly withdrawn. Anyways life is better off of LET. Gonna block it in my host file and just let things be how they are.

I love @ryanarp and knew that bold move wouldn't last...and apparently it didn't :-)

Thanked by 2angstrom Kris
  • KrisKris Member

angstrom said: By the way, did anyone else notice that @ryanarp thanked the OP right away? I found that ironic, and I imagine that his thanks were also intended ironically.

Yes, add the fact that someone was feeding another moderator BS about SpeedyKVM and Incero not having a relationship, and something stunk.

I interpreted it as a break with Gordon in how this client was handled.

Pure speculation: Ryan probably put in due diligence, looked at the ASN, checked his company and gave the OK to set things up. George came in and was having none of that, not their desired clientele, etc.

Meanwhile the guy is a normal AS deployment. I used to assist with fraud preventable measures at old companies, and this guy would have been a model client. Knew BGP and Anycast. Throw him an IP to peer with and he would probably have quagga or bird up in a few hours.

While I'm very sure Ryan can't discuss any of this, the immediate thanks on the OP's discussion and some of OP's replies were telling. He has always seemed like a stand up guy and I'm sure it's hell having to give in to management and their daft wishes.

All speculation, he could've thanked for the lulz. But add that, a Jr. moderator adding in B about the companies not being associated, Anthony to the rescue who modified the title to reflect they are Incero, and when I went back 12 hours later the thread was deleted.

I agree @AnthonySmith is a great mod and not sure why you're so defensive or immediately told me to calm myself, but the actions taken on that thread deviates from every standard operating procedure on LET. Throw in the fact an employee thanked the OP, and then another moderator comes in to muddy the waters and things started to stink big time.

Thanks for not closing this thread. Appreciate ya guys.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2018

@Kris said:
    but the actions taken on that thread deviates from every standard operating procedure on LET. Throw in the fact an employee thanked the OP, and then another moderator comes in to muddy the waters and things started to stink big time.

I also think the same. People have the right to express their opinion in a civilized manner. If there is not enough proof, thread can simply be moved to off-topic, and leave everyone the chance for feedback. All this stinks because it should have not been deleted, and mods deleted sprayed it all to smell better.

Thanked by 2mksh Kris
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited July 2018

@Kris said:
    I agree @AnthonySmith is a great mod and not sure why you're so defensive or immediately told me to calm myself, but the actions taken on that thread deviates from every standard operating procedure on LET. Throw in the fact an employee thanked the OP, and then another moderator comes in to muddy the waters and things started to stink big time.

Let's not forget the slightly confused mod towards the end of the thread (at least from what i saw before it got deleted). The guy doesn't seem to be overly active but one might think he would at least know who the current admin is. I've never even noticed him before and there he is asking for opinions on the title from persons that shouldn't really be concerned with this anymore. Huge question mark.

edited July 2018

Closing this thread would get LET one step closer to WHT level of corruption.

I am positive that the real admins behind LET won't care about that though.

Thanked by 2default BlaZe
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

This discussion has been closed.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@MasonR said:
    This discussion has been closed.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2018

Ever look back at choices you've made and laugh at just how many bullets you haven't had to dodge as a result of them?

Excuse me while I have a nice drink. Anthony is the best admin this place has seen since LEA himself, and while the culture here in general (blame me if you want, I'm not pointing fingers) won't allow him to be as drama free as LEA was (anonymity helped tbh, hard to claim bias against someone you know nothing about), I'll still swear it's true.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

willie said: Nobody here likes SpeedyKVM

I like SpeedyKVM. They are one of my few go to providers. I like the quality, price, and support.

Kris said: Looks like Incero or SpeedyKVM got the corrupt moderator to delete the post totally.

Corrupt? But I like you used the word "Looks like", it gives you the allowance that you are not directly accusing anyone.

Thanked by 2netomx ryanarp
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

AnthonySmith said: I explained my side of things, you just keep coming back with more accusative BS, like I said you can accept it/believe it or not, it is what it is.

Sometimes, I think it is good idea if all current moderators step down all at the same time. Then let these people whose mind are full of accusations run LET.

Thanked by 3jar ihatetonyy ryanarp

jcaleb said: Sometimes, I think it is good idea if all current moderators step down all at the same time. Then let these people whose mind are full of accusations run LET.

Sometimes the best thing you can do is give someone a job application and say "If you care that much, take a swing at it yourself."

• jcalebjcaleb Member

jarland said: Sometimes the best thing you can do is give someone a job application and say "If you care that much, take a swing at it yourself."

Yes, then I'll be the one accusing them of being corrupt

• This place is full of hypocrites.

Thanked by 4default Kris lazyt BlaZe

@AlyssaD said:
    This place is full of hypocrites.

Always room for more :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Neoon is the next admin.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Imagine the scenes if some of these pricks were in charge.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@jarland said:

@AlyssaD said:

Thanked by 1Kris
  • @AlyssaD said:

Most places are ;)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    @Neoon is the next admin.

What? No.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Neoon said: What? No.

I was not asking.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Should've chosen a name that's not so closely related to "neo" aka "the one".

Thanked by 1netomx

@default said:

@jarland said:

@AlyssaD said:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sciamachy

• KrisKris Member
    edited July 2018

jcaleb said: Corrupt? But I like you used the word "Looks like", it gives you the allowance that you are not directly accusing anyone.

Looks like willie was full of shit as a moderator, and you kids have slowly ran this place into the ground.

jcaleb said: Sometimes, I think it is good idea if all current moderators step down all at the same time. Then let these people whose mind are full of accusations run LET.

The people who run LET are in a perfect position now. They hang around 24/7, call members 'tin foil hats' because we question your odd actions on a handful of providers. You couldn't get anyone sane to run this for a volunteer basis.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. We don't expect you to be good at your job, but don't try and hide shit under the rug and act like little children when you're called out on it.

FWIW AnthonySmith is the best mod this place has had in a good long while.